Present your camp or share camp experiences.
195 posts Page 10 of 13
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
ganjaoux wrote: ...

I can imagine that's gonna feel nice! :)

Vegard wrote: ...

SICK! Thank you so much for that photo! So many people take photos, it's fun to see someone actually show them to us! :)
UPDATE

Someone from Oslo University's school paper ''ERGO'' wrote an article abou The Coffin Blaster.
It's in Norwegian, but if you want to give it a try, here are two links to PDF's of the whole story.
PAGE ONE
PAGE TWO

Now as with all journalists, there will always be some mistakes.
Like it's growth eatch year, and how long I think it will last.
This is the final eddition. There will ofcourse be more gadgets and gizmos, but for size, this is the end :P

That's an interesting article. Danes should have no problem reading/understanding it - at least I didn't :)
Hello AGAIN!
So the Coffin Blaster has now moved to Oslo!
This means it's easier to build, because it's only a half hour from inside my apartment to inside the warehouse I'm building at!
Stoked about that!
So there will be more small updates from now on.
Ofcourse, we are planning to have atleast one or two build-weekends before the festival.
There is still alot to do on the Coffin.

The Coffin is still alive!

For the first time on this build, I actually get to organize my tools!
Feels great not working out of cardboard boxes! haha

parked for the night!

NOW, here is a some extra shots:

''first person view'' from behind the mixer table! :)

The lid-LED-light in complete darkness!
here you can really see how it draws an outline of the coffin on the ground!
love it!
allright!
Another update on the thread!

The Coffin Blaster 3.0 is REALLY close to completion!
We have about an hour left of putting in the last components for the stereo and lights that arrived in the mail this week! Ater that, just simple cosmetic fixes left! :) and some paint!
I have been on the road since the stuff I'll show you now.
The following update is close to a week old.

First of, since the stereo is out, and the Coffin Curb is done, I figured we needed some music :)
So i took our midrange speakers, a Lepai 2020 and a small 7,4Ah battery, and hooked it as an easy fix. I didn't have the time to make a cabinet for the speakers, so I simply taped off a cardboard box, and cut holes!

To my surprise, it actually sounded quite well! haha!

So back to the build!
We finally got the solar panel's charge controllers, and hooked them up properly!
Also got thicker cables for the 24V part of our system.

So this is how we'll connect the solar panels!
It's a really great setup drawn for me by Jacob in Orange Camp!
We had to make it idiot proof, because, lets face it, we're gona be drunk/stoned out of our minds when plugging this stuff in.
Pretty much, cigarette outlets mounted on the wall of the coffin.
One panel in each input on the left, charges the 12V system.
One panel in each input on the right, charges the 24V system.
Now we only have two 50W panels, but with full volume and all lights on, we should be able to go for about 48hours non stop. But this will ofcourse not be the case, so one day on the 12V, and one day on 24V, and we should come home with pretty much full batteries
:)

I had help from my girlfriend Christine this time around!
It felt really good to start some of the paint and get the exterior of the coffin on it's way!

Christine with some alternative covers for her precious shoes, haha!

She finished 3 coats of paint on the tower, the control- and mixer-panel, and the tool drawer!

So here it is, the finished tower! FINALLY!
All the wires are fitted within the legs, strobes are in place, and speaker fabric covering the speakers. The reason for the odd placement of the strobes, is because we had to place them around the front leg of the tower. Pretty much a perfect fit! We even had to extend them, by making a piece of wood 15mm thick to push them out from the tower. If not, they would have crashed with the leg.

Here is a closer image, and as you can se, we also made a cover for the midrange ports and piezo on the back! I think the final result looks rather good! This is just in place to cover the port-holes, but to get a more symmetrical look, I figured I might as well cover the whole plane.

and finally, my personal pride-project: The control-panel!
This controls everything on the coffin! And I think it looks rather sick! haha!
On top you can see the scrolling LED-sign, visible from the other side.
It has an edge going on top, so that two ipods can stand leaning up against the LED-sign :)
There are two inputs on top, and one output (for visitors).
There is also the up/down-button for the automated lid.
We got the mixer, and the small black button over the big red button (car-horn) is a bypass.
This way we can still play music during the day, without using power for the mixer :)
Then there are power buttons for all the stuff like strobes, LEDs, amp, crossover mixer etc.
And on the very bottom to the right, there is an input for a microphone, and an output for a que headset for mixing :)
Like I said, I'm pretty excited!

And since the control-panel is finally done, I could clamp all the cable shoes, fix the last wires, and FINALLY, attach them to the mixer wall!
So at night, when we want to remove the control-panel, we need only to unlock it, and disconnect these 3 cables.
One for incoming power, one for outgoing power, and one for audio!
:D STOKED!

So here it is! Mixer and tower in place!
If you look at the previous image, you can see the mixer's platform, and the hole for the cables.
This is designed so that it can be taken of, and rotated 180 degrees.
So you can sit on top of the coffin and DJ as we roll around on tour! :)
But as in the picture here, it's the perfect height for staining in front of it :)

Finally, our toolbox!
It's got a big room for the essential tools like screwdrivers etc, and small rooms for fuses and extra wires etc. it doesn't run on rails, so it can be completely removed from the coffin so we can bring it to the part that needs fixing.
(hopefully we won't ever have to open it! haha)

and as you can see, it pushes in for an ''invisible'' and flush fit on the coffin wall.
The lock is in itself a handle for pulling it out :)

So that's that!
Next week we'll get on with the final stage of the coffin! Can't wait! Hope you haven't grown tired of my updates, cause there will be more, haha!
Incredible! That is so pro :)
Where in Tønsberg were you building? Cause I'm from there, hehe.
Thumbs up for your creativity and sense of details! I have enjoyed following your progress and i am looking forward to see how it all turned out at the festival, i'll make sure to drop by for one of your parties :)

Keep up the good work!! Skål!
Dude, you're a bit low on air in the front wheels.
You are going to bring the coffin to the chatmeeting, right?
You are insane, but in a productive kind of way :)
C y a at Roskilde..
Young people from Norway has alot of money ^^ Good Job guys, where are you building that thing ? Got your personal workshop ?
Rasmus123 wrote: Young people from Norway has alot of money ^^ Good Job guys, where are you building that thing ? Got your personal workshop ?

Read the thread from the start. It clearly states where the different stages have been built.
Starchild wrote: ...

Thanks! :) We're building on Nøtterøy :)

Shizz wrote: ...

Really cool to hear you enjoy our thread!
I do love to post, but it wouldn't be half as much fun without feedback like this!
Hope you come by the camp!

Fredde wrote: ...

I know! We don't have a pump at the warehouse. But we'll get all the wheels up to the recommended PSI before departure :)

Jim Daggerthuggert wrote: ...

Ofcourse! It's just a short stroll from our camp, and since all our progress is posted on the forum, and everyone at the chatmeet has given feedback, we have to show you the finished product in real life!
And besides, it's nice with some music, and a place to store the beer, haha!

Raevenlock wrote: ...

I'll take that as a compliment! haha! See you there!

Rasmus123 wrote: ...

You know, sometimes I'm wondering if you are Emilius, just playing a prank on everyone at the forum! haha! your comments are so ridiculous at times! haha! And this would be a prank suitable for Emilius.
Anywho, if 10 people chip in 1500DKK each, you could have the same setup.
It's all about getting the right help from the right people to put it together, be early out before the festival, and buy stuff on eBay at 1/5th fo the price here at home. You don't have to be rich to pull this off, you just need to do it the right way.
As for the buildsites, we have friends whith businesses that require warehouses and storage spaces. (we range in age from 20-28, so we got adult friends) We build where we can. And do things or build stuff as return favours for the space we use. This because we don't have anywhere to build ourselves. We did one build, in return for getting the wood for the coffin sponsored. Karma baby! :)
Whoa, Ace, I wonder how I could write all those emails to you, without checking this out!
This is AWESOMELIVABLE!
Ok, so today we finished "BabyCoffin". Made a video, you should really check it out. And, sorry for the dancing. I suck.

http://vimeo.com/25291345
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
195 posts Page 10 of 13