Present your camp or share camp experiences.
30 posts Page 2 of 2
Christian wrote:
Rammu wrote: When I was a soldier in Kosovo in 2000, we had camouflage netting hanging above our tents, to provide a good balance between shade and ventilation.

I would never find my tent at night if it was covered in camouflage...I have a hard enough time finding it as it is right now when I'm hopelessly drunk. ;)

Even had a hard time finding P area at one point, took me about 2-3 hours :o , didnt excactly help that festival personel kept sending me back and fourth, until i found a guy emptying toilets who was spot on on where to go.

thanks for the save, if your out there :)
jan wrote:
Christian wrote:
Rammu wrote: When I was a soldier in Kosovo in 2000, we had camouflage netting hanging above our tents, to provide a good balance between shade and ventilation.

I would never find my tent at night if it was covered in camouflage...I have a hard enough time finding it as it is right now when I'm hopelessly drunk. ;)

Even had a hard time finding P area at one point, took me about 2-3 hours :o , didnt excactly help that festival personel kept sending me back and fourth, until i found a guy emptying toilets who was spot on on where to go.

Why didn't you use the map in the programme?
Coldblooded wrote:
jan wrote:
Christian wrote:

afraid some things just dont come to mind in that current state i was in, all worked out tho, even if my friends was starting to wonder where id gone :)
jan wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:
jan wrote:
Christian wrote:

afraid some things just dont come to mind in that current state i was in, all worked out tho, even if my friends was starting to wonder where id gone :)

How I know that feeling :)
hehe, nice to see im not the only one :)
to get back on topic, i just bought some handheld fans from "clas ohlson"
they're crap but give you just enough life support (wind) from when you wake up, and up to the point i got out of the tent, do not expect them to give you more then about 5 minutes of somewhat livable conditions, like i said, theyre crap :lol:
jan wrote: Even had a hard time finding P area at one point, took me about 2-3 hours :o ,

haha!

oh damn I've been lost there many times too...! it's always when it's nighttime and dark and I'm so tired & drunk! and I just walk & walk and after every 5 minutes speaking to myself "where am I?"... Sometimes finding my tent seems to be just impossible!
I thought warm beer and no sleep was part of the Orange Feeling.
I hate waking up in a suana.
I find a First Aid foil sheet taped to your tent reflects the heat of the sun, but on the downside the noise of it blowing in the wind keeps you awake. :bang:
Interesting idea. Where can you purchase these foil sheets?
Just bought a tent fan (Lidl for ten bucks) comes with a light, gave it a try and it has more power than expected , will be adding it to my other overheating in tent in the morning precautions like a two door tent and reflective tarp, might get an extra hours rest .
Mr Tuborg wrote: might get an extra hours rest .

Extra hours ? Might be more like extra minutes. Your fan will make little difference, it will mostly be blowing hot air at you :) I tried one of those a couple of years ago at a camping, it was a total waste of money and energy.

You should combine it with a water spray. Even hot water needs some energy to evaporate, so it will cool you down a little bit, but don't expect hours of comfortable sleep after sunrise.

Actually, the best you can do when it is starting to be too hot in your tent, is to leave it with your sleeping bag and find some shaded place to finish your sleep :)
Well that,s the tent fan idea gone ,but it does have a good led light, though I never needed one before . As I realise every year especially if travelling from afar less is more , passport ,money, ticket , and an open mind are essential, everything else can be crammbed into a bag at the last moment ;)
A fan could work if you can get cooler air from outside your tent to flow through your tent, right?
I guess in the morning the air outside will be 20 degrees or below while in your tent the temps will be much higher.
30 posts Page 2 of 2