Present your camp or share camp experiences.
30 posts Page 1 of 2
Har i oplevet at jeres telt bliver meget varmt om morgenen og hvad gør i for at kunne sove længe
English, please.

Yeah, the tents are saunas in the morning. There are several solutions.

One is to buy a proper tent. I have a tunnel-style tent I've been sleeping in for the past three years at Roskilde. It has ventilation hatches that look like a bird's beak in each end of the tent, relieving some of the high temperature, and you can open the front tent three ways, so you can get some wind through it. The dirt cheap igloo style tents are typically the worst when it comes to overheating in my experience.

Another is to simply get your ass out of the tent in the morning, so you're not in it when it's hottest. Go sleep in the shade of a gazebo until noon.
Thanks
If you could buy a produkt that could cool down your tent in the morning and cool down your beer the rest of the day would you by that and what would you pay for it ?
Duke 89 wrote: Thanks
If you could buy a produkt that could cool down your tent in the morning and cool down your beer the rest of the day would you by that and what would you pay for it ?

Sounds too good to be true, but DKK 500,- or something like that?
Does such a thing exists? if so, where can you get it and for how much??
it dont exists yet but it might be posible to make and what would you pay for it
Duke 89 wrote: it dont exists yet but it might be posible to make and what would you pay for it

Is this some kind of survey?
registration for a school project
Duke 89 wrote: it dont exists yet but it might be posible to make and what would you pay for it

I have no idea why you'd get the idea that it doesn't exist. There's hundreds. Did you try searching for "tent cooler"? That's how I found the first couple of hundred different designs.

Naturally it already exists and it cost $40. Doesn't use that much power either. The downside is that you need to have ice in plenty supply to actually cool the air.

http://www.kooleraire.com/

If you want to spend a little more this is a less DIY model that hold everything.

http://www.batterysavers.com/person-aircondi.htm

Most low cost portable AC units work on the water/ice cooling principle which means you must have a steady supply of very cold water or ice but compressor/peltier based units does exist. They naturally consume much more power in the process and you should expect a car to last more than a single day if it's really hot. Maybe not even a full day.

It would be fairly simple to make a more effective unit than those that exist already for a far lower price. All you basically need would be a small inflatable kids swimming pool as many have in their camp. Fill it with good amount of water. That water will be very cold in the morning and even into the afternoon if you have it set in the shade of the gazebo. Then all you need a water heat exchanger, also known as a water cooler for the overclocking community, a 12V pump, a 12V fan, some garden hose tubing and a battery. Wouldn't use much power and one swimming pool could easily hold enough water to cool 3-4 tents for several hours. Especially if you put a reflecting (white) tarp over your tent so that it doesn't absorb as much heat.
Just place your tent under or in the morning shade side at your pavillion. should give you 2 hours more.
http://www.biltema.dk/da/Fritid/Camping ... eri-25518/
It cant cool your beers, but i think that it would cool your tent pretty good.
When I was a soldier in Kosovo in 2000, we had camouflage netting hanging above our tents, to provide a good balance between shade and ventilation.
wont the guards take them down, considering that they told people to take their tarp down from their gazeebos?
Rammu wrote: When I was a soldier in Kosovo in 2000, we had camouflage netting hanging above our tents, to provide a good balance between shade and ventilation.

I would never find my tent at night if it was covered in camouflage...I have a hard enough time finding it as it is right now when I'm hopelessly drunk. ;)
30 posts Page 1 of 2