Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
30 posts Page 2 of 2
LiamC wrote: PJ Harvey is a fairly good booking for me, as I've never seen her. However, it's not enough to make me go to Roskilde, and neither are Iron Maiden (not alone anyway). Bands like Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, The Strokes etc are simply going to have to emerge, as other festivals are offering them, and I can only afford to attend one a year.

exactly.. all other festivals have them.. so why not have some other big and great bands that is more unique for Roskilde, if they can get some unexpected like Gorillaz or Prince last year?
Mr. Monster wrote:
weiss wrote: Don't know how big she is? Will she headline?

According to danish newspaper Politiken she's headlining.

http://ibyen.dk/fokus/roskildefestival/ ... e-topnavn/

I don't think the headline is to be taken so literally. It could just as well be Martin Finnedals personal opinion on the subject. I see her as somewhere between a headliner and a sub. She could swing both ways.
Awesome!!! Her new album is great!
All the more reason to book Radiohead so that Thom Yorke can join PJ Harvey in singing The Mess We're In.
Yeah, I'm an optimist.:wink:
Kong Gulerod wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: I'm actually considering for the first time (been at Roskilde every year since 1995) skipping this year, and focusing on all the stuff they've missed out at.

It is actually quite sad to think about all the bookings Roskilde is most likely to miss this year

- Foo Fighters
- SOAD
- Arcade Fire
- Ozzy
- Korn

I hope Roskilde has got some surprises up their sleeve - Otherwise it is pretty bad booking!

Not to mention Tool and A Perfect Circle
I´m actually a little surprised to see the lack of love there is for this women! best booking so far for me, really cool! 8)

(I know it´s a matter of taste)
weiss wrote:
LiamC wrote: PJ Harvey is a fairly good booking for me, as I've never seen her. However, it's not enough to make me go to Roskilde, and neither are Iron Maiden (not alone anyway). Bands like Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, The Strokes etc are simply going to have to emerge, as other festivals are offering them, and I can only afford to attend one a year.

exactly.. all other festivals have them.. so why not have some other big and great bands that is more unique for Roskilde, if they can get some unexpected like Gorillaz or Prince last year?

I'm all for the acts that are unique for Roskilde. I've discovered some brilliant bands/artists at Roskilde in the past, and would hate to ever see that stop. However, when you get bands like Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Foo Fighters etc who are touring at the right time, it would be crazy not to book them just because they're trying to book acts that are more unique to Roskilde. If you take someone like me who has to spend hundreds of my British £'s to actually go to Roskilde, and sacrifice going to a festival closer to home that is jam packed with brilliant headliners in the process, there really should be a few big names.

I know it's only February, and I still have faith in the booking team to come up with some great names, but I was really just agreeing with other people.
Mr. Monster wrote:
weiss wrote: Don't know how big she is? Will she headline?

According to danish newspaper Politiken she's headlining.

http://ibyen.dk/fokus/roskildefestival/ ... e-topnavn/

That is just speculation
Let it England shake, her new album is really great. A show with a bunch of songs of the new album and then some of her greatest songs from the past gonna be splendid!
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: Hmmm, I still don't have any must-sees for 2011, and it seems that all the opportunities of bands I would love to see at Roskilde are slowly fading away. Don't get me wrong, PJ Harvey is a great booking, I'm just not that into her music, and I've seen her before. I'm actually considering for the first time (been at Roskilde every year since 1995) skipping this year, and focusing on all the stuff they've missed out at. SOAD at someplace else, Primus at Vega etc.

The problem with Roskilde is, that they think it`s ooh soo fucking great waiting to book and announce bands until april. It`s bullshit, that is what it is. And i don`t give anything about they think it`s great promo all year long. Bring 2-3 bands each week!

So i just bought my Sweden Rock ticket(who already have 47 bands ready). Can`t wait no more. And it`s a Real Rock Festival. With bands like: OZZY, CLUTCH, JUDAS PRIEST, ROB ZOMBIE, THE CULT, DOWN, HELLOWEEN, SAXON, MORBID ANGEL, THIN LIZZY, OVERKILL, ICED EARTH..etc.

I`ll wait and see, if Roskilde can put just 1 single band out of my about 70-80 wishes.
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: Hmmm, I still don't have any must-sees for 2011, and it seems that all the opportunities of bands I would love to see at Roskilde are slowly fading away. Don't get me wrong, PJ Harvey is a great booking, I'm just not that into her music, and I've seen her before. I'm actually considering for the first time (been at Roskilde every year since 1995) skipping this year, and focusing on all the stuff they've missed out at. SOAD at someplace else, Primus at Vega etc.

The problem with Roskilde is, that they think it`s ooh soo fucking great waiting to book and announce bands until april. It`s bullshit, that is what it is. And i don`t give anything about they think it`s great promo all year long. Bring 2-3 bands each week!

So i just bought my Sweden Rock ticket(who already have 47 bands ready). Can`t wait no more. And it`s a Real Rock Festival. With bands like: OZZY, CLUTCH, JUDAS PRIEST, ROB ZOMBIE, THE CULT, DOWN, HELLOWEEN, SAXON, MORBID ANGEL, THIN LIZZY, OVERKILL, ICED EARTH..etc.

I`ll wait and see, if Roskilde can put just 1 single band out of my about 70-80 wishes.

Well, they have gotten a lot better over the years. But yeah, I would be thrilled if they announced Clutch, Down or Thin Lizzy. All I need is a couple of must-sees, and that's it... please provide them, Roskilde!
Wait a sec.. If Jack Johnson headlined last year, wouldn't she be a headliner too? Think they're about the same 'size'..
Hope not (incredible waste of big letters imo)
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:
Rock`N`Roll Dude... wrote:

Well, they have gotten a lot better over the years. But yeah, I would be thrilled if they announced Clutch, Down or Thin Lizzy. All I need is a couple of must-sees, and that's it... please provide them, Roskilde!

we NEED thin lizzy 8)
Saw Polly Jean yesterday here in Helsinki. Bad news for fans of her older stuff, these gigs are certainly not a greatest hits tour. She played almost all of the songs from her recent album and only three songs that are not from her latest two. (50ft Queenie, Down By the Water and Bring You My Love). But, no need to worry, the magic was still there and I thought it was an excellent gig.
I also saw Have You Ever Seen The Jane Fonda VHS? (great garage rock gig) and Peaches who was as good as it can be, with just a laptop as a band. So big thumbs up for both of those acts.
30 posts Page 2 of 2