Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
30 posts Page 1 of 2
so it is..
not really very familiar with her, i have to say
I don't know very much about her. Frankly I have always found her a bit boring.

But she deserves a fair chance so I thought I would listen to her a bit. But where do I start? I have been google'ing her a bit and it would really help me, if she had a greatest hits album out or something like that. It usually makes up for a decent introduction. But I guess I will have to do this the hard way.

If anybody can help with an introduction to PJ Harveys music by naming 5-10 songs, that I should give a listen, it would be really nice.
Don't know how big she is? Will she headline?
Hmmm, I still don't have any must-sees for 2011, and it seems that all the opportunities of bands I would love to see at Roskilde are slowly fading away. Don't get me wrong, PJ Harvey is a great booking, I'm just not that into her music, and I've seen her before. I'm actually considering for the first time (been at Roskilde every year since 1995) skipping this year, and focusing on all the stuff they've missed out at. SOAD at someplace else, Primus at Vega etc.
weiss wrote: Don't know how big she is? Will she headline?

Subheadline is more likely.
Kong Gulerod wrote: I don't know very much about her. Frankly I have always found her a bit boring.

But she deserves a fair chance so I thought I would listen to her a bit. But where do I start? I have been google'ing her a bit and it would really help me, if she had a greatest hits album out or something like that. It usually makes up for a decent introduction. But I guess I will have to do this the hard way.

If anybody can help with an introduction to PJ Harveys music by naming 5-10 songs, that I should give a listen, it would be really nice.

Sheelah-na-gig
This Is Love
The letter
Good Fortune
To bring you my love
Oh my lover
Come on Billy
A place called home
Water
Sigurbjörn wrote: Sheelah-na-gig
This Is Love
The letter
Good Fortune
To bring you my love
Oh my lover
Come on Billy
A place called home
Water

Thanks! You just saved me a lot of time.
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: I'm actually considering for the first time (been at Roskilde every year since 1995) skipping this year, and focusing on all the stuff they've missed out at.

It is actually quite sad to think about all the bookings Roskilde is most likely to miss this year

- Foo Fighters
- SOAD
- Arcade Fire
- Ozzy
- Korn

I hope Roskilde has got some surprises up their sleeve - Otherwise it is pretty bad booking!
Kong Gulerod wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: I'm actually considering for the first time (been at Roskilde every year since 1995) skipping this year, and focusing on all the stuff they've missed out at.

It is actually quite sad to think about all the bookings Roskilde is most likely to miss this year

- Foo Fighters
- SOAD
- Arcade Fire
- Ozzy
- Korn

I hope Roskilde has got some surprises up their sleeve - Otherwise it is pretty bad booking!

If Roskilde had missed out Maiden or KoL at this years festival other people had whined. You can't have them all. And this year Roskilde got their rates on Iron Maiden as the big metalname! A very high wish by the people.
PJ Harvey is a meh signing. Not particularly bothered one way or the other. She was really big mid 90's, but that is a long time ago....
PJ Harvey is a fairly good booking for me, as I've never seen her. However, it's not enough to make me go to Roskilde, and neither are Iron Maiden (not alone anyway). Bands like Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, The Strokes etc are simply going to have to emerge, as other festivals are offering them, and I can only afford to attend one a year.
weiss wrote: Don't know how big she is? Will she headline?

According to danish newspaper Politiken she's headlining.

http://ibyen.dk/fokus/roskildefestival/ ... e-topnavn/
There's no way PJ can headline! - I mean come on, if LCD didn't headline last neither will she. But besides that I'm very happy with the booking today, also Kurt Vile would be likely to get a visit from me during this festival :)

...The booking of today has been very nice, indeed <3
First must-see for me. One of the coolest women around. I just wish I would have seen her 10 years ago.

Not a headliner in my books though

Rid of Me
Down by the Water
30 posts Page 1 of 2