Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 20:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 17:58 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 20:17
Posts: 2511
So after 2pac performing as a hologram at Coachella this year and rumours of a tour- what would be your hologram RF festival for next year. http://pitchfork.com/news/46182-2pac-ho ... g-on-tour/

Some rules:
- Warm ups one band for each day
- 4 days
- 5 artists each day
only.
- At least one key artist must be resting in peace.


Enjoy, just a bit of fun


My lineup:

Sunday:
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Monday:
Mozart

Tuesday:
Mother Love Bone

Wednesday:
Miles Davis



Thursday
Sam Cooke
Johnny Cash
NWA
Dio
The Beatles

Friday
Ray Charles
Joy Division
AC/DC- the Bon Scott years
Nirvana
Jimi Hendrix

Saturday
Marvin Gaye
The Doors
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Alice In Chains
Led Zeppelin

Sunday
Otis Reading
Janis Joplin
Muddy Waters
Blind Melon
Bob Marley

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 18:05 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2011, 23:27
Posts: 17
The only thing i would correct about that would be that Marvin Gaye should do the show with Tammi Terrell, otherwise it's perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 18:09 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 20:17
Posts: 2511
Alexander LL. wrote:
The only thing i would correct about that would be that Marvin Gaye should do the show with Tammi Terrell, otherwise it's perfect.


Disagree mate, that stage of his career is too soft IMO


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 18:43 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 10:48
Posts: 1141
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
I´d put Kingston Wall on some smaller stage to kick everybody elses asses. Kingston who?, you say. Easily the most underrated band of all times. A finnish trio, who made 3 excellent albums in the early 90´s before the singer/guitarrist did a suicide by jumping off a church. So if you´re into sort of psychedelic rock, or anything at all really, check this out. And this is not a band with couple of songs, all three albums are great masterpeaces, which shouldn´t be forgotten. So Odeon, Friday 23:00, Kingston Wall-Hologram show!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U51p4CCC ... re=related (the music starts at 2:30)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 18:55 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 20:17
Posts: 2511
Wallu wrote:
I´d put Kingston Wall on some smaller stage to kick everybody elses asses. Kingston who?, you say. Easily the most underrated band of all times. A finnish trio, who made 3 excellent albums in the early 90´s before the singer/guitarrist did a suicide by jumping off a church. So if you´re into sort of psychedelic rock, or anything at all really, check this out. And this is not a band with couple of songs, all three albums are great masterpeaces, which shouldn´t be forgotten. So Odeon, Friday 23:00, Kingston Wall-Hologram show!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U51p4CCC ... re=related (the music starts at 2:30)


Cool, just checked out the link. Good rock music, but I would say they lack that little extra to bring them up to world class level.

what would be your complete list? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 07:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010, 01:45
Posts: 1488
Years at Roskilde: All years from 1999-2016 so far
Camp: FREUD: Den ubevidste lejr
Morphine and Jay Reatard for the smaller stages!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 09:25 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 10:48
Posts: 1141
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
Robbie Fowler is God wrote:
Wallu wrote:
I´d put Kingston Wall on some smaller stage to kick everybody elses asses. Kingston who?, you say. Easily the most underrated band of all times. A finnish trio, who made 3 excellent albums in the early 90´s before the singer/guitarrist did a suicide by jumping off a church. So if you´re into sort of psychedelic rock, or anything at all really, check this out. And this is not a band with couple of songs, all three albums are great masterpeaces, which shouldn´t be forgotten. So Odeon, Friday 23:00, Kingston Wall-Hologram show!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U51p4CCC ... re=related (the music starts at 2:30)


Cool, just checked out the link. Good rock music, but I would say they lack that little extra to bring them up to world class level.

what would be your complete list? :D


You, sir, just haven´t heard enough. The world should be upgraded to their level.. ;) Here´s some more. And these all are taken almost using the random method. And remember that´s just a trio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huFWO9782Vg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rG7dPVEaLU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr0ykFAa ... ure=relmfu

And my list would be quite like yours. Maybe I´d like to see Metallica with Cliff Burton. And Etta James and Sublime for the smaller stages as well. And yes to Morphine!! I´m sure there´s many more that I just can´t remember right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2012, 13:30 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2009, 21:47
Posts: 1132
We also need a Kim Schumacher b2b with Kjeld Tolstrup at the Arena closing party.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 02:41 
Offline

Joined: 04 Mar 2009, 09:55
Posts: 464
Queen - Just Queen with Freddie

And also - If this hologram-thingy could get Gilmour and Waters back on the same stage I would be pretty happy...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2012, 15:37 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 20:17
Posts: 2511
Kong Gulerod wrote:
Queen - Just Queen with Freddie

And also - If this hologram-thingy could get Gilmour and Waters back on the same stage I would be pretty happy...


or Axel and Slash ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 May 2012, 11:01 
Offline

Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 16:01
Posts: 37
Kieth Moon Drum SoloSet.

...and please skip Mother Love Bone from Warm Up to Closing Orange Act....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

PhpBB forum hosting | phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy