Information, announcements and your feedback & question about the forum.
26 posts Page 2 of 2
B. wrote: My suggestion for running on a hosted platform was so that we don't have to deal with server/database administration, backups. OS and software updates, hacking/DoSS attacks etc.
A hosted forum could also easily be transferred to a new volunteer if needed (or Roskilde Festival could keep control if they pay the bill and appoint a volunteer administrator to run the forum).

Roskilde don´t want to run it. If they want to do what you say, I pretty sure they would just as ask me to keep on been the volunteer admin of the forum on another platform

I get where your coming from, but Roskilde don’t want to run a forum.
Would it possibly be an option to share a forum with other people? Say, if we found a forum that is about Music-Festivals-in-Europe or something like that - couldn't we ask to join and then open an RF subsection?
Martin, can I contact you directly (email) to discuss this in further detail?
B. wrote: Martin, can I contact you directly (email) to discuss this in further detail?

Sure - martin.horn@roskilde-festival.dk
Hi,

I haven't been an active poster in years (since the change from the old forum to this), but been lurking ever since I stopped posting ;-)

What forum software are in use? I might be able to host it my server and I'd be happy to try setting it up.

EDIT: Seems like it's an extension (mm_forum) to the TYPO 3 CMS that RF uses. I'll have a look around.
Lars wrote: Hi,

I haven't been an active poster in years (since the change from the old forum to this), but been lurking ever since I stopped posting ;-)

What forum software are in use? I might be able to host it my server and I'd be happy to try setting it up.

EDIT: Seems like it's an extension (mm_forum) to the TYPO 3 CMS that RF uses. I'll have a look around.

That is correct :)
Goodbye.
B contact me through email if you know more..i really want the forum to continue. This was bound to happen since R.F didnt put any effort in the forum at all anymore.
And we can promote it ourselves i think.
I'm working with Martin (the moderator for the current forum) to setup a new forum. This will be the new address:

http://roskilde-festival.community

Please bookmark this new address, as the current forum will disappear early October.

The new forum is not yet active, that could take a little while, but hopefully we'll have something up and running before the end of the year :D
righto, copied the URL, will be there, thanks! :D
The forum and old webpage will stay up a bit longer, except the new page in ultimo October

Admin edit: this topic is from the old forum and is no longer relevant. It's now locked.
26 posts Page 2 of 2