Whatever you like...
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I was just curious if anyone else form here tried the Ancestry.com DNA test? 23andYou (or is that 23andMe?) had a similar thing once upon a time, but they gave you your medical history in addition, which I wish I tried instead). Anyway it gives you your genetic background and mine was somewhat surprising. Turns out France and Germany are not genetic original points, so even though I am more than 50% French, I don't test as such. I basically tested as 29% black (African, from Nigeria and some other places. So guess I should answer those emails from the Prince of Nigeria!), 70% white/European. Which breaks down to 21% Italian/Greek, 20% Irish, 16% British, 3% Scandinavian (That was a trip!), 1% Finnish/Northern Russian, 1% Central Asian, and 1% European Jewish. Apparently we are not Native American at all, as we were lead to believe all these years! Anyway else tried it and had trippy results?
USlander wrote: I was just curious if anyone else form here tried the Ancestry.com DNA test? 23andYou (or is that 23andMe?) had a similar thing once upon a time, but they gave you your medical history in addition, which I wish I tried instead). Anyway it gives you your genetic background and mine was somewhat surprising. Turns out France and Germany are not genetic original points, so even though I am more than 50% French, I don't test as such. I basically tested as 29% black (African, from Nigeria and some other places. So guess I should answer those emails from the Prince of Nigeria!), 70% white/European. Which breaks down to 21% Italian/Greek, 20% Irish, 16% British, 3% Scandinavian (That was a trip!), 1% Finnish/Northern Russian, 1% Central Asian, and 1% European Jewish. Apparently we are not Native American at all, as we were lead to believe all these years! Anyway else tried it and had trippy results?

Never heard of it before.
But the bolded part made me laugh :lol:
My family, the black side, has claimed that we are part Native American, as well as possibly Samoan. Turns out we are neither, so that was a surprise, and I did not expect top be part Scandinavian. Shame they cannot tell us if we are Danish, Norwegian or Swedish. It would be interesting to know more.
3 posts Page 1 of 1