Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Last year I managed to get both my ankles twisted at different times, due to the many potholes in the campgrounds. In my experience, C was the worst with holes in the grass field as big as 20 cm deep. Especially at nights with the low light and high alcohol conditions these ankle breakers are very dangerous. By the end of the week last year I saw many people on crutches, so I was clearly not the only one with a close encounter with a pothole.

The solution is very simple and cheap: have some volunteers go around the campgrounds and fill up all the potholes with sand. This will prevent a lot of broken and twisted ankles.

The festival guests will be very thankful! And I think the Red Cross people will be, too.
Pluto wrote: Last year I managed to get both my ankles twisted at different times, due to the many potholes in the campgrounds. In my experience, C was the worst with holes in the grass field as big as 20 cm deep. Especially at nights with the low light and high alcohol conditions these ankle breakers are very dangerous. By the end of the week last year I saw many people on crutches, so I was clearly not the only one with a close encounter with a pothole.

The solution is very simple and cheap: have some volunteers go around the campgrounds and fill up all the potholes with sand. This will prevent a lot of broken and twisted ankles.

The festival guests will be very thankful! And I think the Red Cross people will be, too.

The problem is, that people dig these holes and call them swedes traps... It's suposed to be funny, and it might have been, if only swedes got trapped, but innocent people like you and me twist our ankles in them.
Oh i didn't know it was really a set up.. just for fun. I thought people made these holes for getting their cold beers out of the ground.

Weird sence of humour then..and pretty dangerous indeed!
guss it is more fun inn 07 :) when the potholes was full of wather :)
Jim Daggerthuggert wrote:
The problem is, that people dig these holes and call them swedes traps... It's suposed to be funny, and it might have been, if only swedes got trapped, but innocent people like you and me twist our ankles in them.

Ha ha I didn't know that. Maybe they should empty a can of surströmming in these holes to repel the innocent non-swedes and attract the swedes.
Pluto wrote:

Ha ha I didn't know that. Maybe they should empty a can of surströmming in these holes to repel the innocent non-swedes and attract the swedes.

That would have been a brilliant idea if it wasn't for the fact the camping grounds would become unlivable with just a couple of these "venus flytraps".
Saturnus wrote:
Pluto wrote:

That would have been a brilliant idea if it wasn't for the fact the camping grounds would become unlivable with just a couple of these "venus flytraps".

Yeah, that would pretty much ruin the groundwater supply beneath Roskilde and create a potential natural disaster. That shit should be locked up!
Jim Daggerthuggert wrote: The problem is, that people dig these holes and call them swedes traps... It's suposed to be funny, and it might have been, if only swedes got trapped, but innocent people like you and me twist our ankles in them.

Being a swede I'd gladly face the risk of ending up in a hole if the trap was only properly baited with beer 8)
8 posts Page 1 of 1