Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Seasick Steve (08?) Hadn't heard about him :(
Pendulum (10) - To stoned
The Prodigy (10) - To stoned
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy (10) - To stoned/tired
Nephew (10) - Was at Den Sorte Skole concert so i couldn't make it

In general i was WAAAAAAAAY to stoned in 10
Pendulum (10) - To stoned
The Prodigy (10) - To stoned
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy (10) - To stoned/tired
Nephew (10) - Was at Den Sorte Skole concert so i couldn't make it

In general i was WAAAAAAAAY to stoned in 10
The Prodigy ('10): Me and my friend were so excited over the fact that we had just seen Muse, and forgot all about Prodigy. The same fall they played in my home town, but I was too wasted to focus on the concert. Double fail.
Missing Gallows after Prodigy, i was standing sleeping under the prodigy concert.. my friends sent me to the camp:P
I had written a very long text about each of these artists that I missed out on, but it disappeared. So you are going to get a shorter version, without the reasons of regret. In generally I think my advice to people who don't want to have as many gig-regrets as me, would be: don't go to some gig your friends wants to go to when you really want to go and see something else (it might be more social though), if you are tired just go anyway and avoid the orange stage (I have too often been disappointed by established names here, and often the sound is bad aswell).
But also remember that you can't see everything and every year is going to leave you with regrets
Also a lot of the early regrets, is do the fact, that my taste is ever changing and back then I was more of an indie-rock/rock guy then I am now
2006:
The Ex, Ricardo Villalobos, Coldcut, Spank Rock, Animal Collective (I can't believe I went with my friends and saw that (in my POV) overlong and boring Roger Waters concert instead)

2007:
Camera Obscura, Konono N°1 or Boris (bad scheduling), Dizzee Rascal, CSS, Lee Scratch Perry (eventhough everybody said it sucked), Clipse, Bonde do Role, DJ Diplo (at least I was smart enough not to go to the Red Hot Chili Peppers gig), Beirut, Basement Jaxx, Justice

2008:
MGMT, Santogold, Robyn, Neil Young, Girl Talk, No Age or Black Mountain (I just love late-night gigs at Roskilde), Jay Reatard, Jay-Z, Dan Deacon

2009:
Röyksopp, Håkan Hellström, Amadou & Mariam, Steinski, The Very Best, Peter Doherty, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Max Romeo

2010:
Wooden Shjips, Beach House, Prins Thomas, Lindstrøm & Christabelle, Robyn
Karl Otto Metsämäki wrote: everything in 2010, we just sat in the camp and got f*cked up and missed almost every concert.

haha! but I think there's nothing wrong with that...!
Deadmau5 2009 - I worked as a coffee cow and had to wake up just a few hours later, so i had to unwillingly go after watching it from a distance a couple of minutes. Not going to miss it this year, that's for sure. Missed both Röyksopp and Trentemöller that same year for the same reason...

Beach House 2010 - Saw Brother Ali instead.
Joseph wrote: Deadmau5 2009 - I worked as a coffee cow and had to wake up just a few hours later, so i had to unwillingly go after watching it from a distance a couple of minutes. Not going to miss it this year, that's for sure. Missed both Röyksopp and Trentemöller that same year for the same reason...

Beach House 2010 - Saw Brother Ali instead.

You didn't miss anything. There were too many people at Beach House, so me and a friend took a good long nap just outside of the Pavilion tent instead to the concert. It was okay-ish.
I missed The Strokes this year, aaarargarh! Had just seen James Blake and then we got out in the rain. Everyone wanted to go home to the camp to get some dry clothes on, so we did. We actually had a good time in the camp, but listening to Strokes from our tent wasn't anything close to what it would have been in front of the stage. At least we got some dry clothes for Deadmau5, but still The Strokes beats the mouse-ass anyway.. can't believe I went back to the camp...
This year:
Missed Chris Cunningham and Spids Nøgenhat because I needed to see if our tent was still there. Mud + all stars doesn't really make you wanna go around on the festival area either..
And Janelle Monae, FUCK!! Saw an amazing L.O.C. concert though :)
Soo much I didn't get to see.

Monae

KoL

Timbuktu

Soilwork

but we can't do it all I guess
Only regret this year was Timbuktu
Only regret was that I didn't go to see deadmau5. Else I saw all the stuff I wanted + more :D
going away from Magnetic Man to see portishead :(
31 posts Page 2 of 3