Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 18:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Biggest regrets
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 01:12 

There's allways a gig or two every year that you miss and regret it afterwards. Maybe you lost track of time, got too drunk or stoned, was too tired, simply didn't know the band until later, or your friends let you know afterwards what you missed.

What's your biggest regrets about a show you didn't see?

I have lots: :-?

Puppetmastaz ('04): Just got told afterwards from several friends that it was a great show. (german hiphop performed by puppets)
Ricochets ('04): Came to love them the year following the festival, and never got to see them before they disbanded. Korn (which I saw instead) wasn't that great either.
Dizzee Rascal ('04 and '07): Didn't know his music.
Dresden Dolls ('05): Just got told how excellent this show supposedly was. Cabaret-punk, now how can that go wrong? :)
George Clinton Parliament/Funkadelic ('06): Think I was just really drunk and didn't keep track of time.
The Streets ('06 and '09): Like him alot, was just sitting and drinking beer, and didn't bother to go see him. Stupid.
Gogol Bordello ('06): Was camping way out west, and noone wanted to go check them out with me, so I dropped it. Big mistake. I heard more of them just a week after Roskilde and loved it instantly. Also got told by everyone I know who saw them that it was fucking great.
Immortal Technique ('06): Hadn't heard any of him at that time. When I got into his music, I found out he played Roskilde 06, and got bitter that I didn't check out the program well enough.
Misc. Stones Throw artists ('07): Again, hadn't heard about them. Bummer.
Fanfare Ciocorlia ('07): Didn't know the total awesomeness of balkan brass live at this point.
Slayer ('08): God knows. Was just sitting drunk and stoned in the camp, postponing walking to the festival area to the point that I missed the concert. Goddamn I'm ashamed of this :(
Cancer Bats ('09): Just too hot, and too apathetic.
Gallows and Den Sorte Skole ('10): Too late, too tired.
Valient Thorr ('10): Could have seen them, as Gorillaz was late.

Now, what's yours? Don't be ashamed (well, let's see, maybe you should?) ;)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 13:03 

I missed Kill Screen Music and Mescalin, Baby in Pavillion Junior this year, simply because I didn't knew their music. Mescalin, Baby is not a big deal, because I'm going to see them warm up for The Floor Is Made of Lava in about a month, but man, when I saw those Kill Screen Music-stickers everywere on the camping area, I knew I had fucked up pretty bad :D

And I did something even more unforgiveable this year. I went Sunday morning with my friends, because we were pretty exhausted. This is the one thing I regret the most. I missed The National, Pavement, Motörhead and Prince. HOW THE FUCK COULD I LET MYSELF DO IT!? Next year I will so much be there all the time!

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2010, 15:38 

Placebo (1999) - Didn't know them at that time
R.E.M. (1999) - Was hungry so i was sitting way back eating
Sigur Ros (2006) - Was at the Guns N' Roses concert
Placebo (AGAIN!), The Strokes, Roger Waters (Sunday, 2006) - Was working. A disaster!
Arcade Fire (2007) - No room at Arena and didn't want to stand in the rain.
Kings og Leon (2008) - Not a big regret. But i should have gone to see them after the Veto concert. Wasn't at any other concerts at that time. I actually don't know what i was doing...
2ManyDJs (2009) - Was at the Oasis concert... It would have been much more fun to see 2ManyDJs
Porcupine Tree (2010) - Was at the Gorillaz concert. I hate when I have to choose between "Must see" acts.
Den Sorte Skole (2010) - My fiends wanted to see the Nephew concert...

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2010, 17:35 

2ManyDJ 's - my friends wanted to se Oasis instead but i saw a really good Balkan band at Astoria instead because Oasis was boooooring.

Steve Angello And Sebastian Ingrosso - only missed out because of the probably worst band description ever.

Beat Torrent - i was to tired to see the show but i could hear it all from my tent at it was very very good.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2010, 17:32 

Nephew in 2007 (didn't knew them), Coldplay (was way too tired to stay and wait for them :(), otherwise NIN could have been really nice to see them and FNM too in 2009.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2010, 12:40 

The Streets 2008 - just wasnt too familiar with their music
The Chemical Brothers 2008 - same as Streets
Pendulum 2010 - Same time as Muse. Dont regret choosing Muse, but would very much have liked to see both
Kasabian 2010 - was too exhausted

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2010, 22:52 

everything in 2010, we just sat in the camp and got f*cked up and missed almost every concert.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2010, 00:15 

2006 - Roger Waters, RF newbie and went home this day
2007 - Bjørk, Muse, Queens of the Stoneage, Red Hot Chili Peppers, missed lots of concert this year because of the rain and mud. Much better being wasted and dry in the camp

These are the ones i remember, but probably missed a lot more.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2010, 11:35 
Forum moderator

Years at Roskilde: 2007-
Camp: Blastbeast Metalcamp
MrWazzup wrote:
2006 - Roger Waters, RF newbie and went home this day
2007 - Bjørk, Muse, Queens of the Stoneage, Red Hot Chili Peppers, missed lots of concert this year because of the rain and mud. Much better being wasted and dry in the camp

These are the ones i remember, but probably missed a lot more.

Be happy that you missede Red Hot Chili Peppers, we other lost a part of our life we never get back, worst concert in the history of roskilde

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2010, 13:16 

Wooden Shjips 2010, wasn't really too drunk, I was just too lazy to go to the festival area, and now Im so sad I didn't go.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2011, 23:53 

Years at Roskilde: 6
Camp: The Strangers with Candy Camp!
Just being so drunk or dead tired because I was drunk during the festival and missing bands or arriving too late to see them in their entirety. Like I missed the Streets, Robyn, Duffy and some other bands because of this. I was also so Drunk at Prince last summer that I couldn't remember any of the songs I wanted to hear.

Funny side story. I was approached by some Norwegian girls who asked me what would it take to stand on my shoulders during Prince. At first I just made them kiss everyone in our group but later on settled for one beer per song they were on my shoulders. There were 3 girls initially involved in this, but other heard about it and started giving me beers as well, and by the time the concert was over I was so wasted that I couldn't remember anything I heard or saw. I did get my friend laid though which was very nice of me ( I have the picture to prove it too!).

Oh and I still have never been to the Cinema! This upcoming summer will be my 5th year in a row and I plan to actually see something. I would also like to go fishing if I can.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2011, 01:06 

Years at Roskilde: 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Camp: the now long gone Coffin Camp
USlander wrote:
Oh and I still have never been to the Cinema! This upcoming summer will be my 5th year in a row and I plan to actually see something. I would also like to go fishing if I can.

Yay! I'll bring my fishing rod !!!
BBQ – now with FISH!

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 01:53 

Years at Roskilde: 6
Camp: The Strangers with Candy Camp!
That's what I was thinking. To actually catch some fish for the BBQ, but I hate gutting my own fish. It grosses me out so I don't want to eat them afterwards.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 11:15 

Years at Roskilde: '86, '92, '93, '98-'14
USlander wrote:
That's what I was thinking. To actually catch some fish for the BBQ, but I hate gutting my own fish. It grosses me out so I don't want to eat them afterwards.

I'll do that for you. As you know I'm from a small fishing village on the west coast and my farther was a fisherman all his life.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 17:37 

My biggest regret is missing the BBQ after being relatively active on the old forum and then not having been active on the new one.