Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
You guessed it. I'm a newbie.

I wonder for approx. how long you have to queue to the different stages?
Since Arenas capacity is merely 17,000 people and there will be like 60 000 - 90 000 people at the festival, how long do you have to queue to see for example Mew from a decent/good/very good spot?

I have past experiences from other festivals, but I've never been to one as large as Roskilde.
Any ideas?
Smetkladd wrote: You guessed it. I'm a newbie.

I wonder for approx. how long you have to queue to the different stages?
Since Arenas capacity is merely 17,000 people and there will be like 60 000 - 90 000 people at the festival, how long do you have to queue to see for example Mew from a decent/good/very good spot?

I have past experiences from other festivals, but I've never been to one as large as Roskilde.
Any ideas?

Half an hour to get into the pits is the rule of thumb in our camp. Dunno if that will be enough for a giant like Springsteen, but we'll see.
Coldblooded wrote: Half an hour to get into the pits is the rule of thumb in our camp. Dunno if that will be enough for a giant like Springsteen, but we'll see.

Really?! Woah, that's nothing. I was thinking like three hours.
How good position do you get if you get there half an hour in then?
I prefer to be pretty close to the stage.
What about Mew and Björk? (the two I'm most concerned of)
Smetkladd wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: Half an hour to get into the pits is the rule of thumb in our camp. Dunno if that will be enough for a giant like Springsteen, but we'll see.

Really?! Woah, that's nothing. I was thinking like three hours.
How good position do you get if you get there half an hour in then?
I prefer to be pretty close to the stage.
What about Mew and Björk? (the two I'm most concerned of)

If you want to get closer, you probably need to come a little earlier. Usually we relegate to the back of the pits to be able to lean back and relax our aching bodies :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1