Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
149 posts Page 8 of 10
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
you better believe it!
Björk's concert '07 was great. It was first time I saw her and I didn't even notice the rain and coldness.
Also Roger Waters '06 was absolutely fantastic! The whole Roskilde '06 was great all that sun and lovely weather :) But I made much more friends in '07 (bad weather connects people (: )

P
Thursday
Arena
Sigur Rós
Popplagið
wow
haha, Dan! I still envy you for that one :P
My best Roskilde experience was in 2003 (I think so anyway...I'm not really sure, but it doesn't matter).

I was kinda bummed one night...me and my girlfriend had just broken up a month before Roskilde, and I had been pretty busy comforting myself with all kinds of girls, so I had made a promise to myself, that I wouldn't pick up any girls on the festival that year. I couldn't stand myself, using all these girls just because I felt bad.

I had lots of fun on the Festival, because I didn't have to think about scoring with the ladies, but I was still a bit sad because I missed my ex.

One of the first days I smoked waaaay to much funny tobacco and went to sleep for 4 hours. I woke up at midnight well rested, while everyone else in my camp was getting ready to go to sleep. "Boring bastards", I thought to myself and packed my pants, hoodie and jacket with beer bottles..."I'm going out to find a party!!".

Armed with 14 beers (biiiig pockets in my jacket) and the right attitude, I was on my way.

I was completely awake and sober, which is a rare occasion at midnight as you might already know, so walking around in the camping area was quite an experience. People were partying hard and I had no trouble finding fun people to join.

After running around for 4 hours talking to strangers about everything and nothing, I'm on my way home to the camp. 20 meters from the camp I find 15 people sitting on a paved road near the entrance on Easy, playing guitar and having fun.

I was a pretty amateurish guitarist back then (and maybe too aware of it), but I joined them hoping to get to play a song or two. They were incredible people, sweet and funny, and their guitarist spotted me looking at him playing, so he asked if I wanted to play.

I ended up playing for 2½ hours straight, while people were singing and partying. Others joined us and suddenly there were 25 people.

Considering my lack of confidence in my guitar playing skills, it was an enormous ego boost, that I could entertain a group of complete strangers, bringing everyone together to sing the songs, that I played.

Some of the girls in the group were sending me the "you can sleep in MY tent tonight"-eyes, but I stayed true to my promise to myself.

To top it all off...in the middle of playing a song, I was tapped on the shoulder and I looked back while still playing. Behind me stood two girls dancing, and when they saw me looking at them, they both shouted: "YOU ROCK!! YOU F*CKING ROCK!!" and danced even harder.

That was the first night in a month I had true fun without any of the other shit creeping up in my mind. And this is what Roskilde is all about Making you forget about all your worries and just enjoying the moment that is right now. :)
^ I love how people are so open minded and easy going in every festival. You always find company and new friends (:
that one os badass! :O
Being in a radio-quiz with Kenneth K and helping some dude (actually one of the guys from "Premiereklubben") winning 20 cd'es 8)
My best experience at the festvial? Definitely 2001, meeting the love of my life and the man of my dreams! We hooked up on Monday, stayed in my tent forever and ever until the festival started and have been together since! Being in love in front of the Orange stage, holding hands and listening to the Cure - no words can describe that feeling, especially since I lost a very good friend at that spot in 2000. I felt I was really beginning to heal then.

We're hoping to get married on the Orange stage in 2011 - would be a nice way to commemorate it all!
unsent wrote: My best experience at the festvial? Definitely 2001, meeting the love of my life and the man of my dreams! We hooked up on Monday, stayed in my tent forever and ever until the festival started and have been together since! Being in love in front of the Orange stage, holding hands and listening to the Cure - no words can describe that feeling, especially since I lost a very good friend at that spot in 2000. I felt I was really beginning to heal then.

We're hoping to get married on the Orange stage in 2011 - would be a nice way to commemorate it all!

Wow.. great story! All the best to you both! :D
unsent wrote: We're hoping to get married on the Orange stage in 2011 - would be a nice way to commemorate it all!

I'd actually be honoured and would attend a wedding at a Roskilde Festival :D

Imagine the crowd clapping hands and whistle when it comes to the kissing part ;)
my best moment...well one of the best:
Thursday, Social Distortion playing. I was pretty bad because the night before my bag was stolen with everything (except my cigarettes and LSD's) on it.
I wasenjoing the show, possitive thinking over all!!and at a time I needed a pause. I was sitting on the ground chatting with a couple of girls when I see a BIG spanish flag coming my way...
I stood up went right to the groupand..."Hello, are you Spanish?" lots of kisses, hugs and hurras came along!!!
I told them my "sad story" and the told me not to worry, with them, I could eat or drink as if what they had were mine...
The whole festival, every timethat I have found them was a lot of happiness..in fact, on Sunday after EOTDM I stayed with them insted of staying with my friends...

THE BEST GENTUZA EVER!!!!!!
Andiech wrote:
unsent wrote: We're hoping to get married on the Orange stage in 2011 - would be a nice way to commemorate it all!

I'd actually be honoured and would attend a wedding at a Roskilde Festival :D

Imagine the crowd clapping hands and whistle when it comes to the kissing part ;)

There have actually been a couple of weddings at Roskilde already. Met the Finnish couple who were married on the Orange Stage a few years back, very laid back, super cool couple who've been going to the festival for ages! I think it was 2001 or 2002 that they were married on Orange and another couple were married on Green (= Arena).

I think it'd be a bloody blast to be married at the Festival.
Picking one single thing as your best experience is pretty much impossible, but if you don't count all the amazing concerts, i have a memory from this summer, 09, that I think shows true Roskilde spirit.

It was after the Lily Allen concert (saturday?), I was hanging out with some random guys I met at the concert when i discovered I'd lost my sweater that I earlier had had tied around my waist. I was kind of drunk (obviously) and I really loved that sweater so I decided that I simply had to find it! So, I went to all the lost-and-found-places (as if anybody would hand it in if they found it?) but found nothing. As I said, I was a bit drunk, so I started crying. heavily. At this point I was just walking around, but suddenly I was stopped by a girl who, without a word, gave me a HUGE hug. After a while, when I had sobbed into her shirt a little bit, she let me go and gave me a smile.

I felt a lot better and didn't really care about my sweater anymore, went back to my camp for a few more beers and then a great Deadmau5 concert.
Btw, I found my sweater the morning after, lying outside my tent... hehe
Bumpeddy bump bump, this is a good thread. Let's have some more.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
149 posts Page 8 of 10