Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
149 posts Page 9 of 10
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Well im not a good storyteller but in 2008 i meet alot of great friends from Canada, Australia, Norway and The Faroe Island and that is my best Roskilde memory.

Anthony from Australia even visited me after the festival before he returned home, we went to Beatday to see Sigur Ros and we also took him to Køge BK 's first game of the season ( a 3-0 defeat at home to FC Fredericia)

A Facebook group called I Love Anders is named after me and is created by some of the people i meet.
Bongo Anders wrote: Well im not a good storyteller but in 2008 i meet alot of great friends from Canada, Australia, Norway and The Faroe Island and that is my best Roskilde memory.

Anthony from Australia even visited me after the festival before he returned home, we went to Beatday to see Sigur Ros and we also took him to Køge BK 's first game of the season ( a 3-0 defeat at home to FC Fredericia)

A Facebook group called I Love Anders is named after me and is created by some of the people i meet.

:lol: I bet that group has a million members! can I get an invite?
Anyway, epic fail to go watch Køge play,,,and then with someone who came all the way from Australia!
Well he did say that the grill sausage was the best he ever tasted so he got someting out of it.

And i must say that the horrible merger between Herfølge and Køge called HB Køge was not a reality yet and it was like a last minute plan because he suddenly just went back to Denmark on his eurotrip and i didn´t want to dissapoint him by saying no to his request of visiting me.

Regarding the FB group i really don´t know why they made it but i must have made a good impression at the festival.
Så scorede Lyngby sgu! wrote: Another great moment: the first time I realised that something like the Cathedral of silence excisted. Having a sit at a chair next to my friend and talking to a kind Christian person who washed my festival-feet and then walking inside and falling onto their mega "bean bags" (?). The only thing one could hear was the little water-sculpture, the rest of the world was blocked out by the tent.

It was a brilliant experience, and I urge everyone who have'nt tried it to do so :D

Does such a place really exist? :o Does anyone know where I could find this sanctuary of bliss?
Whales wrote:
Så scorede Lyngby sgu! wrote: Another great moment: the first time I realised that something like the Cathedral of silence excisted. Having a sit at a chair next to my friend and talking to a kind Christian person who washed my festival-feet and then walking inside and falling onto their mega "bean bags" (?). The only thing one could hear was the little water-sculpture, the rest of the world was blocked out by the tent.

It was a brilliant experience, and I urge everyone who have'nt tried it to do so :D

Does such a place really exist? :o Does anyone know where I could find this sanctuary of bliss?

I don't think they where at the festival last year but I've seen them the years before.
Faith no More '09. Simply a briliant concert!
Volbeat '09. First concert ever at Orange
Roskilde '09 as a whole. Fantastic week :D
best moment was my first roskilde festival.

5th day. i had 0 DKK left spent last 15kr and 5 dkk from a random dude on a bag of chips.
stil dint have a tent so slept in the big clima tent again. a random dude came in fall asleep on the ground. another guy came in with a ram of beer (24) and the sleeping guy flew up and we drank all night. was epic.. fuck a nice guy he saved my festival.

before festival started i had 100 dkk i spent 60dkk on bus and train and had 40 left. dint have a tent and worked there to get a ticket. it went out nicely!

random guy im P clima tent if i see you again i owe you a ram ! :)
Danni-Curr wrote: best moment was my first roskilde festival.

5th day. i had 0 DKK left spent last 15kr and 5 dkk from a random dude on a bag of chips.
stil dint have a tent so slept in the big clima tent again. a random dude came in fall asleep on the ground. another guy came in with a ram of beer (24) and the sleeping guy flew up and we drank all night. was epic.. fuck a nice guy he saved my festival.

before festival started i had 100 dkk i spent 60dkk on bus and train and had 40 left. dint have a tent and worked there to get a ticket. it went out nicely!

random guy im P clima tent if i see you again i owe you a ram ! :)

Yeah, i love drinking with random people in wierd places on roskilde :P
I visit Roskilde since 1992 and cannot tell how many nice things I experienced. A very fascinating concert( although I don´t really like electronic music)was Kraftwerk. Their shows are rare and it was amazing. last year was very special, cause of the wheather and the fact that I married in Roskilde although I come from Germany(1200 km away.
Looking forward to this year.
I've been coming to Roskilde since '06 from Israel(best year music-wise for me).

We started with 4 guys, '07 was 9, '08 was 15, '09 we were 4.
This year we will be around 8-9.
My best moment at Roskilde was dancing in front of the Orange in '08, with Kings of Leon playing. All of my closest mates drunk and high, dancing, laughing and enjoying the amazing feeling, that orange feeling.
Truly an amazing experience that noone will forget.
Best: Radiohead 2008

Worst: Being sick and missing Gnarls Barkley 2008
Thursday 7 am we will start 14 hours travelling. Who knows where we can camp???....until 26th of June?
Andreas Paulus wrote: Thursday 7 am we will start 14 hours travelling. Who knows where we can camp???....until 26th of June?

http://www.roskildecamping-de.dana10.dk/

Maybe better safe than sorry and make reservations for camping thursday/friday.
Fredde wrote:
Andreas Paulus wrote: Thursday 7 am we will start 14 hours travelling. Who knows where we can camp???....until 26th of June?

http://www.roskildecamping-de.dana10.dk/

Maybe better safe than sorry and make reservations for camping thursday/friday.

I think it's the thursday the 24th. Why else mention the 26th?

Edit: And you need to get your booking before 08.00 the 27th or it will be lost. Also I think the booking areas has been booked full.
LiamC wrote: My best memory is probably Roger Waters. There are lots of others, but that's the one that really, really stands out for me.

That's definitely what I like to call an 'actual concert'.

Oh yes, that has been one of my best concert experiences as well. The sound quality was just stunning. A friend and myself were located just in the centre of the audience and the surround speakers.
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
149 posts Page 9 of 10