Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
149 posts Page 10 of 10
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
I paid a visit to Roskilde Festival in '03, '04 and '05, missed '06, but have attended the past three years. The most mindblowing concert I ever went to was the Trentemøller concert in (I think) '07 at Arena. I've never experienced anything like it. Me and two of my friends were up in front, and it was like everyone got into some sort of trance, somewhere completely out of this world. I wish I could describe it! So amazing. There was nothing but you and the music, completely filling out your body - leaving no space for thoughts or sore feet.

'09 wasn't a good year for me, but the concerts were great. I casually went up to listen to Slipknot on my own, not really expecting anything, and it ended up being so much fun! So glad I went up there (:
Knick Knack wrote: Trentemøller concert in (I think) '07 at Arena.


Fucking amazing concert. I was up front in the pits too, having never heard of the guy.

Did you know of this EP?

Image
I've convinced myself that I can hear myself shout on track 4.
Emilius wrote:
Knick Knack wrote: Trentemøller concert in (I think) '07 at Arena.


Fucking amazing concert. I was up front in the pits too, having never heard of the guy.

Did you know of this EP?

Image
I've convinced myself that I can hear myself shout on track 4.



i was so sad i was standigs asleep at Trentemøller 09 :bang:
It's hard to point out one best moment, but last year my friends and I started spreading a (I admit, evil) rumor that Kelly Clarkson had died. We told all the people we met on our way to wherever. Then we forgot all about it and roamed around for a couple of hours, and suddenly we ended up somewhere we hadn't been that night, where we crossed a camp playing 'Since you been gone' on their guitar. We asked them why they played it, and they said, "haven't you heard?! Kelly Clarkson is dead!"
Fascinating how fast news travel..
absolution wrote: It's hard to point out one best moment, but last year my friends and I started spreading a (I admit, evil) rumor that Kelly Clarkson had died. We told all the people we met on our way to wherever. Then we forgot all about it and roamed around for a couple of hours, and suddenly we ended up somewhere we hadn't been that night, where we crossed a camp playing 'Since you been gone' on their guitar. We asked them why they played it, and they said, "haven't you heard?! Kelly Clarkson is dead!"
Fascinating how fast news travel..


Sounds a bit like the Rene Dif story from this year?
jazon wrote: i was so sad i was standigs asleep at Trentemøller 09 :bang:


I was sick as hell, lying down on the ground the whole concert. Probably one of the worst moments to be fair. But Trentemøller is still on my top 10 electronic artists, if not top 5...
This is my first post at the forum allthough I've read it for years

Anyway, I have a great story to tell.

-08, Mogwai playing. I was standing in the crowd, really enjoying the show. One of the best gigs I have ever seen. Suddenly I feel that I have to take a shit. :oops:
So I walk over to the toilets on the right side and find myself a nice, clean seat. When I close the door and sit down I hits me -The sound is amazing in here!

I promise, it was like listening to the cds! I sat there for the rest of the show.

At one point someone knocked on the door and shouted -Are you sleeping in there?
-Fuck off! Leave me alone!!

I think there should be a thread about best toilet experiences. :D

Okay everybody, see you in a couple of days. Have an amazing festival and take care of eachother.
GLAD MIDSOMMAR!
Franz wrote: This is my first post at the forum allthough I've read it for years

Anyway, I have a great story to tell.

-08, Mogwai playing. I was standing in the crowd, really enjoying the show. One of the best gigs I have ever seen. Suddenly I feel that I have to take a shit. :oops:
So I walk over to the toilets on the right side and find myself a nice, clean seat. When I close the door and sit down I hits me -The sound is amazing in here!

I promise, it was like listening to the cds! I sat there for the rest of the show.

At one point someone knocked on the door and shouted -Are you sleeping in there?
-Fuck off! Leave me alone!!

I think there should be a thread about best toilet experiences. :D

Okay everybody, see you in a couple of days. Have an amazing festival and take care of eachother.
GLAD MIDSOMMAR!


Ha ha ha ha, best first post EVER! :D
BEST MOMENTS:

Having a smaller, cleaner camp with really fun people!

Not one but 2 live sex shows near our camp ( you should see the pics)!

Being nominated for Camp of the Year!

Seeing Gorillaz, Florence & the Machine and Prince.
my best moment was after roskilde xD me and my brother took a train from roskilde to århus and then we missed the last bus so we had to wait 7 hours. We bought some beer and began drinking, then we saw a few other people from roskilde who was lost and they joined, and even though we were all tired and wanted to go home we had a great time.

ps. the only reason this is my best moment is because my camp fucked up this year; 5 people in a camp, 1 left, I was the only one who wanted to drink beer instead of sleeping all day T.T
This thread is too much fun in these waiting months, not to bring back to life! Let's hear some more stories!
Stand up for rock n' roll! wrote:
absolution wrote: It's hard to point out one best moment, but last year my friends and I started spreading a (I admit, evil) rumor that Kelly Clarkson had died. We told all the people we met on our way to wherever. Then we forgot all about it and roamed around for a couple of hours, and suddenly we ended up somewhere we hadn't been that night, where we crossed a camp playing 'Since you been gone' on their guitar. We asked them why they played it, and they said, "haven't you heard?! Kelly Clarkson is dead!"
Fascinating how fast news travel..


Sounds a bit like the Rene Dif story from this year?

or dj aligator in 07.. haha!
One concert stands out for me in its own way: in `92 I think, last show one of the days at Arena, Leonard Cohen gave many extras, ending up with Sympathy for the Devil. Walking to the tents you could hear people sing the Whoo-Whooo. And the NeXT morning...and again many years after. Whoo-Whooo.
See you
Noer wrote: One concert stands out for me in its own way: in `92 I think, last show one of the days at Arena, Leonard Cohen gave many extras, ending up with Sympathy for the Devil. Walking to the tents you could hear people sing the Whoo-Whooo. And the NeXT morning...and again many years after. Whoo-Whooo.
See you


God, I´d love to see Leonard Cohen in Roskilde. He´s almost 80, but he´s still touring a lot and still is absulutely amazing live artist. The band is great too.
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
149 posts Page 10 of 10

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron