Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
149 posts Page 1 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
So, whats the single best moment you've had at Roskilde?

I dont know about myself, but last year after a day spent seing:

Solomon Burke
Neil Young
and Raveonettes

sitting in the back field at Orange, on the road just next to the Tuborg stand with a beer, a spliff and my friends, watching Chemical Brothers performing Hey Boy Hey Girl and especially The Sunshine Underground, in the dark night with their psychedelic stage show and 60.000 people going nuts was AMAZING!
At the right side from the Orange Scene (from the artists point of view) there is a group of trees and a wall were guys releaves the pressure.

A mate and mate stood there watching this drunk holding on to a tree and peeing in the mud of piss. As the peeing went ahead he started to slide down the tree and his feet ended up in the piss. He clung on to the three for sheer life for about 30 seconds, his feet spinning in the piss to try and get back up. He slid from an angle of about 70 degrees to about 30 d, before he finally slipped and rolled two times around in the piss! :o :o

Then he got up, piss all over his clothes, face and long hair and casually walked back into the crowd!

Never seen such a funny thing in my whole life! :D :D :D
Actually Laughing Out Loud here! Poor guy.
Ha ha, it was hilarious. Some people actually came over and asked if that really happened or if their eyes were messing with them

BTW: How do I "redigere" my posts?

And why ain't my profile picture showing?
I had the same problem at first. You have to look far up in the right corner. Its little, but "rediger profil" is there :)

Oh yeah by the way, second time around your pic should be there.
Så scorede Lyngby sgu! wrote: I had the same problem at first. You have to look far up in the right corner. Its little, but "rediger profil" is there :)

Oh yeah by the way, second time around your pic should be there.

Yeah!

My ugly face is back up :P
I think the concert with The Streets is in the first place on my list.
The part when he got the whole crowd to sit down. I was on the front row and looked back. Fuckin amazing. And then everyone got crazy.

A lot of good memories from the campsite though. But the Streets concert wins.
Wandering thu the campsite in 03 after Metallica until 7am. That night will stay with me for the rest of my life. The campsite was just electric...

Watching Sigur Ros with my (then) girlfriend in 06. I dont care, it was special.

Dancing to Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra on the sunday night, 05 (the last act playing). Everyone from our camp skanked their arses off till 4am. Considering I do not dance, this was quite some feat.
Pablo wrote: Wandering thu the campsite in 03 after Metallica until 7am. That night will stay with me for the rest of my life. The campsite was just electric...

This is the exact reason why good big bands are an essential part of the festival!

Good post
Høst wrote: And why ain't my profile picture showing?

...I noticed that the photo disappears when you edit your profile. To edit your profile and keep your photo you must upload the photo again... every time you edit your profile.

:roll:
Varve wrote:
Høst wrote: And why ain't my profile picture showing?

...I noticed that the photo disappears when you edit your profile. To edit your profile and keep your photo you must upload the photo again... every time you edit your profile.

:roll:

Yeah!

There are lots of bugs!
I remember standing in the middle of the crowd for Audioslave in 05, when they finished their show with "Killing in the name of". Pure magical experience!
I Think one of the musical experiences that i'll always remember er 1992 when Denmark had won the Eur.Champ in soccer and Nirvana came on. If ever there was a time when you could cut the Roskilde Feeling in slices that would have been it.

non-musical experience is pretty much every damn night roaming the campingsite and partycrashing.
I only attended in 06, 07 and 08 so my best memories so far has been

Kashmir
George Clinton Parliament
The Street
Arctic Monkeys
Franz Ferdinand

Tiësto, 4 Hours!!!!
Basement Jaxx
Trentemøller
Mapei
Booka Shade with M.A.N.D.Y. Patrick
Justice

Solomon burke
Chemical Brothers
MGMT
Osaka Invasion
The Streets
Roskillz with Beadyman
Okay, you mention some cool concerts. But I ask for the BEST MOMENT, either a concert or something else - what would that be?
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
149 posts Page 1 of 10