Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
39 posts Page 2 of 3
B. wrote:
Jim Daggerthuggert wrote: The "landmine"/beach bar at the lake.

This.

There is also a special beer bar (behind the farris wheel last year) that serves a selection of special beers from tap and bottled, including Hoegaarden (a Belgium "white" beer).

@ B.

Do you know what that bar was called? I f*cking LUV Hoegarden!
No, but it has been there for several years. If you know where the ferris wheel was last year you'll know where to find it.

@ B.
Excellent! That must be by the Ski Burger-stand right?
Yep you can see it from there :) It's also close to the Rum 'n' Cigar bar i believe.

I only got two drinks last year. One was Mojito Royal from the Bus Bar which was nice and refreshing, although it could definitely have packed a bit more punch.

The other was a Cosmopolitan while waiting in line for NiN. I only bought it because two "mobile bars" walked by and sold them. I don't remember how it was, so i guess it was neither terribly bad or exciting.
The Jack Daniels bus was awesome in 08. Where did it go last year?
Jack D had their own stand near the swedish meatballs stand i believe :)
It is a basic question, we are two French who arrived for the first time at Roskilde 2011 and we would like to know the price of drinks in the festival ground and outside (supermarket in Roskilde city center)...

Thanks ;-)
InsomniacJunkie wrote: It is a basic question, we are two French who arrived for the first time at Roskilde 2011 and we would like to know the price of drinks in the festival ground and outside (supermarket in Roskilde city center)...

Thanks ;-)

Well, a beer at a supermarket is anything from 2 kr. to 40 kr (deping on size and brand). A bottle of wine is anything from 20 kr. to 300 kr. (depending on quality and such). A bottle of noname vodka is about 70 dkr..
At the camp area you can buy a crate of 24 Tuborg for about 150 dkr., they are cold. Wine is about 70 dkr for a liter. Drinks will be anything from 30 to 60 dkr. A bottel of vodka with ice and soda is around 250 dkr.
At the festival area a beer is around 40 dkr. A drink about 40 to 70 dkr. And a liter of wine about 70 dkr.
The prices will be announced on the homepage when we get a little closer to the festival. These prices are approx..
Well, if you compare with same quality, it's between 1,5 and twice the french price for most of alcohols.
Beer is really cheap here, but then again, if you look for some quality then it's about the same price. Depends what you're mostly looking forward to, the taste or to get drunk ;)
If it's the first time you're coming to Denmark, I think you should drink some Carlsberg beer, Sommersby (cider), Vodka + salt Lakrids, Aquavit, did I forget some others must try, others ? :oops:
You should try some proper danish beers instead if you're here for the first time. Danish microbrews are among the very elite of beers and Danish cooking of course is world leading.

And naturally pastries, there's no where on earth that will ever come close to real danish pastries.
Yeah, you're right about beer, even if they won't probably be able to avoid drinking a carlsberg at some point at Roskilde, they definitely should try some proper ones :) I guess you've wrote some names for them (dunno why I can't see the right part of the message hum .. ?)

About pastries, hum coming from France they will have the highest level of expectation !! The danish ones are more thick and they use more creams and sugar. It taste pretty different, so you may give it a try as well to compare both ;)
MariA wrote: Yeah, you're right about beer, even if they won't probably be able to avoid drinking a carlsberg at some point at Roskilde, they definitely should try some proper ones :) I guess you've wrote some names for them (dunno why I can't see the right part of the message hum .. ?)

About pastries, hum coming from France they will have the highest level of expectation !! The danish ones are more thick and they use more creams and sugar. It taste pretty different, so you may give it a try as well to compare both ;)

I don't think I have had a carsberg at roskilde, ever!
I don't think I have had a carsberg at roskilde, ever!

Oh really ? Never ever ? :P

((Well I could say the same thing but that's because I don't like beer (haha so my experience's not impressive at all ;)))
I did back before 2002 when Carlsberg and not Tuborg was the sponsor for the festival ;)
Saturnus wrote: I did back before 2002 when Carlsberg and not Tuborg was the sponsor for the festival ;)

oh yeah, do you remember, when the first colour tv came out?? that was nice....
39 posts Page 2 of 3