A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
21 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello, Im from America, and I am going to be backpacking alone through Europe next summer, and I am considering stopping by Roskilde. I know its early but Im trying to figure out my plans and budget. Ive been to a lot of American festivals, but this will be my first European festival. I know its easy meeting people at American festivals will it be the same at Roskilde? I definitely want to party so which would be a better option, just buying a tent in Copenhagen and staying in regular camping or doing the Get A Tent? Sorry if these questions have been answered before. Thanks for any help.
I think its a good idea. The first four warm up days are also equally as fun as the festival days. You will meet as many new people as you would back in America i believe. You should just get a tent and do the regular camping. I deeply recommend Roskilde festival!! Hope to see you there.
You'll definately want to buy a tent and stay at the regular camping areas if you wanna meet people.. The get-a-tent areas are a bit secluded!

Roskilde is probably one of the best festivals to party at and i've heard from people all over the world that they loved Roskilde for being one of the most free and liberal festivals, a lot more so than american festivals..
I am from California and next summer will be my 5th time going. It is nothing like any festival in the US. Youc annot do what they do at Roskilde in the US, so prepare to be amazed. It's very chill and relaxed. Everyone is friendly and almost everyone speaks English. So no worries. But your tickets now though so they can be mailed and while the price is cheaper and come for the whole festival and warm up period. We have an international camp, Strangers (with Candy) Camp on Facebook if you want to join us, or know more info, see pictures. We also have a welcome BBQ and will have a 5th year anniversary of our camp party with prizes and other stuff. Hope to see you there.
hey im from england and i went by my self this year and had an awesome time and met loads of cool people who i still speak to now ...

i got the get a tent option but you can just go to that area and ask for your tent and you will get it still packed and then pitch it where ever you want :)
Hi,

My name is Donna, I'm planning a trip to Europe from Australia this year
and I want to kick it off by going to Roskilde.
My problem though is that I'm going alone and I'm a little
nervous. Is there anyone else who is going alone and perhaps
wants some company? Or a group of people who want to meet up?
I'm very exci and to meet as many new people as I can.
Also is there anyone who has been alone before? I would
love to hear your experiences :)

Donna Holland wrote:
Hi,

My name is Donna, I'm planning a trip to Europe from Australia this year
and I want to kick it off by going to Roskilde.
My problem though is that I'm going alone and I'm a little
nervous. Is there anyone else who is going alone and perhaps
wants some company? Or a group of people who want to meet up?
I'm very exci and to meet as many new people as I can.
Also is there anyone who has been alone before? I would
love to hear your experiences :)

Welcome Donna.
As you might have picked up in similar threads across the forum (I've seen you have posted in other threads as well) this site is quite dead at the moment. However, it will get more busy as we approach the festival. So if you're very keen on sorting out a group to meet up/camp with right now you might want to try making a post on the Facebook page as well. Sadly, it seems Roskilde are intent on not updating these forums in order to make them more functional.
Now I've never been to Roskilde alone myself but most people will let you get a bit of room for your tent in their camp if you ask nicely. Almost everyone are able to communicate in English as well so the language shouldn't be a problem. Be open and speak to whoever you feel like speaking to.
Alternatively (and if you want to save some money) you could sign up to be a volunteer. You'll get the ticket and some food and drink coupons for an amount of work (24 or 32 hours). And then you'll obviously get to meet the people you're going to work with. Personally, I'm not volunteering as Roskilde is usually my only vacation but some people really enjoy it (this depends a lot on what type of work you're doing, I believe).
Best of luck :)
Yeah thanks I have noticed. Ive just bought my ticket and wont stress about finding people until later as its so dead. Just thought I'd put my feelers out there.
Thanks for all the info :) it all helps :)
Donna Holland wrote: Yeah thanks I have noticed. Ive just bought my ticket and wont stress about finding people until later as its so dead. Just thought I'd put my feelers out there.
Thanks for all the info :) it all helps :)

No worries. Just ask if you have any questions. Most people who do post on here are pretty much into the whole Roskilde thing so will give you decent advice.
The people at Roskilde are super friendly, so do not worry about meeting people or finding a place to camp. Especially if you are woman. You are bound to make friends, even if you do not plan to. Be prepared for drunk Scandinavians to come up to you, speaking Norwegian, Danish or Swedish and demand hugs form you. They may or may not have clothes on. But they will be friendly and offer you beer most likely. So sit back and enjoy the ride!
USlander wrote: The people at Roskilde are super friendly, so do not worry about meeting people or finding a place to camp. Especially if you are woman. You are bound to make friends, even if you do not plan to. Be prepared for drunk Scandinavians to come up to you, speaking Norwegian, Danish or Swedish and demand hugs form you. They may or may not have clothes on. But they will be friendly and offer you beer most likely. So sit back and enjoy the ride!

Drunk guys coming up to me drunk demanding hugs? Sounds like a usual night. Hahaha thankfully the
Danish won't matter much as O have family on Denmark bit unfortunately they won't be
coming to Roskilde with me. I can't wait to make new friends. These 4 months can't go by fast enough :)
think 80 % of the danish at the festival can speak english
and the peoble are always very frindly i work as a volenteer it is gonner be my fifth year this year
and have not yet seen anybody there isent ready to make a new friend it is an amasing feling
that so many peoble can be in one place in peace and harmony
Hi Donna!

I would be down to meet up or camp with you at Roskilde. I'm an 18-year-old from the US, though I will be 19 by the time of the festival. I'll most likely be going to the festival alone! I'm taking a gap year and traveling, backpacking in India right now! :D

I singed up to volunteer so I'm not sure whether I'll be doing that or just end up buying a ticket... But even with volunteering I could camp in a regular camp! Have you thought about which camp to join??

Hit me up on here or facebook.com/lovethefloyd or email: seankramer95[at]yahoo.com if ya wanna camp together. Cheers!

Peace and love,
Sean
Most definatley good sire. I plan on running in and putting my shit in the first place I get to that looks good :) and ofcourse you are more than welcome to join our merry band of rabble :)
Donna Holland wrote: Most definatley good sire. I plan on running in and putting my shit in the first place I get to that looks good :) and ofcourse you are more than welcome to join our merry band of rabble :)

I don't think this is the best of ideas if you plan on staying more than one at a camping spot. The usual strategy, for me at least, is to plan with your camp beforehand where you want to stay, e.g. agora C. Then queue together and have an action plan ready: who carries what, who spreads a large tarp to claim a camping area, who sits with the rest of the luggage in the queuing area etc.
The tarp is placed on the ground to sort of claim an area large enough for all your tents and so on. It's also unlikely that you want to run in with all your stuff at once seeing as it will slow you down, hence you need someone waiting in the queue with the rest of your stuff.
21 posts Page 1 of 2