Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
33 posts Page 2 of 3
Coldblooded wrote: With that reasoning, Kraftwerk should be relegated to subheadlining too. They had a massive influence on electronic music, but it has been 30+ years since they've released anything musically relevant and their static, deadpan stage show is hopelessly mired in the past.

Jamiroquai could easily be the name the 30+ generation are longing for on the programme. Doesn't matter if they're a little over the hill album-wise – they still headline festivals like Balaton Sound, Exit, Eurockeennes etc.

Comparing Jamiroquais impact with Kraftwerks impact on music. Haha, that was one of the craziest things i have ever read.

You guys can never convice me that Jamiroquai can be a headliner at Roskilde 2013. If that happens it would be a sad day in the Roskilde festival history.
gixbit wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: With that reasoning, Kraftwerk should be relegated to subheadlining too. They had a massive influence on electronic music, but it has been 30+ years since they've released anything musically relevant and their static, deadpan stage show is hopelessly mired in the past.

Jamiroquai could easily be the name the 30+ generation are longing for on the programme. Doesn't matter if they're a little over the hill album-wise – they still headline festivals like Balaton Sound, Exit, Eurockeennes etc.

Comparing Jamiroquais impact with Kraftwerks impact on music. Haha, that was one of the craziest things i have ever read.

You guys can never convice me that Jamiroquai can be a headliner at Roskilde 2013. If that happens it would be a sad day in the Roskilde festival history.

If you re-read my post again carefully, you'll see that I avoid doing exactly that.

I am saying that even though Kraftwerk has had a massive impact on electronic music especially, their live act is the same as ever and they haven't released anything of significance for 30 years. That makes them this poster's most uninteresting headliner.

At least Jamiroquai has a reputation for mindblowing live shows. Kraftwerk is a stale snoozefest – embarrassingly bad 3D-effects on their visuals or not. That makes Jamiroquai more headliner-worthy than Kraftwerk IMHO.

I'll stop with my attempts at convincing anybody – just wanted to get the above across.
This is really weird.
Fuck everything! Jamiroquai would be a blast!!!
It surely would! :)
Time to dig up this thread again. Jamiroquai has announced his first album in seven years, titled 'Automaton'.

He is also headlining North Sea Jazz Festival in the Netherlands a week after Roskilde. Could 2017 be the year where we get to see him on the Orange Stage?
They´re playing Pori Jazz, Finland on 14.7. Other bands include Jethro Tull, Wilco, Herbie Hancock, The Cinematic Orchestra and Michael Kiwanuka.

It would be great to see JAy Kay and the whole bunch on Orange. Their live-playing is top-notch if I remember correctly. (Only watched it from videos though)
If this does not happen at Roskilde I might be coming to Finland Wallu!
You are very welcome!! :)
Yeah, Jamiroquai would be a great headliner for Roskilde. I guess many things are still possible. I seem to remember that some major headliners have been announced in early spring in the last years.
If this were to happen, there would be nothing left for me to do but dance!
Soo. Lets see if we can fit them in at Arena om saturday.
Orange act. No doubt about it.

Maybe we´ll get some info next week...? Hope so.
I'm not sure if they are the right fit for Roskilde. As much as I'd love to see them I don't see where they would fit in on the program / poster and with the current audience.
The new single is quite terrible. Hope that they will have the same old live band on the upcoming tour.
33 posts Page 2 of 3