Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 18:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 23:21 

Jamiroquai is the all time most funky, groovy band. Right now they're planning their summer-tour for their upcoming album. I would die of happiness if it came true!

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 14:51 

Yeah, Jamiroquai would be cool. Get them and Massive Attack as well, and it'll be one big awesome 90's party. Love music from the 90's..!

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 14:57 

it´s not the all time most funky groovy band, but they would be really really cool!

Sly and The Family Stone would be better 8)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 15:11 

Hell yeah! They're in the top-10 of the best livebands on this planet!

It's weird they haven't been to Roskilde for so long!

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 05:57 

Years at Roskilde: All years from 1999-2016 so far
Camp: FREUD: Den ubevidste lejr
Time to revive this thread. Jamiroquai is in France and Italy right around Roskilde and has two of four Roskilde-potential dates available. Could they be the headliner-bunny in the hat? http://www.jamiroquai.com/shows

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 12:14 

Years at Roskilde: 2009-????
Coldblooded wrote:
Time to revive this thread. Jamiroquai is in France and Italy right around Roskilde and has two of four Roskilde-potential dates available. Could they be the headliner-bunny in the hat? http://www.jamiroquai.com/shows

I so hope this could happen, I imagine they are excellent live - and a Jazz/Funk/"Whatever-you-may-wanna-call-them"-headliner would be such a great addition to an already extremely diverse line-up!

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 13:25 

Coldblooded wrote:

Come on, Jamiroquai isn't a headliner. Maybe mabye at the end of the 90s but no chance now.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 13:33 

gixbit wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:

Come on, Jamiroquai isn't a headliner. Maybe mabye at the end of the 90s but no chance now.

Other years, I'd agree with you, but seeing as this year's headliners include Sigur Rós (who, IMO, is a sub), it could happen. But I'm not saying it will. And if they come, I do hope it is as a sub-headliner. MY enthusiasm lies upon the name itself.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 13:44 

DukeofDK wrote:
gixbit wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:

Other years, I'd agree with you, but seeing as this year's headliners include Sigur Rós (who, IMO, is a sub), it could happen. But I'm not saying it will. And if they come, I do hope it is as a sub-headliner. MY enthusiasm lies upon the name itself.

Yeah, i see no problem if Jamiroquai get booked (even if don't like them). But if they would be among the 1-2 top class acts Rikke is referring to that would be a joke.

I agree with Sigur Ros being a small headliner but they are way more relevant 2013 than Jamiroquai.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 14:03 

gixbit wrote:
DukeofDK wrote:
gixbit wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:

Yeah, i see no problem if Jamiroquai get booked (even if don't like them). But if they would be among the 1-2 top class acts Rikke is referring to that would be a joke.

I agree with Sigur Ros being a small headliner but they are way more relevant 2013 than Jamiroquai.

I agree with you on that. It's just that with all these different genres (very different, actually), it seems plausible. This years line-up has got me thinking that Roskilde might surprise us in any way they want to (and this is meant as a positive thing!) But there's no telling unless they do get booked. And if they do (crossing my fingers), I hope it's as a sub-headliner :)

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 15:32 

Years at Roskilde: All years from 1999-2016 so far
Camp: FREUD: Den ubevidste lejr
With that reasoning, Kraftwerk should be relegated to subheadlining too. They had a massive influence on electronic music, but it has been 30+ years since they've released anything musically relevant and their static, deadpan stage show is hopelessly mired in the past.

Jamiroquai could easily be the name the 30+ generation are longing for on the programme. Doesn't matter if they're a little over the hill album-wise – they still headline festivals like Balaton Sound, Exit, Eurockeennes etc.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 16:50 

Are people on crack!??! Jamiroquai is headlining, and they'd be a god damn good one as well!!! Fucking belieber-generation..

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 17:08 

Again, it is too hard to tell before they're announced. If they are, I hope they won't headline, as I really want a big rock name. And gixbit has said, they're not nearly relevant enough. Kraftwerk, on the other hand, are more important (to me), and are pioneers of the electronic-genre. But then again, the line-up is so unique that they might as well.

But these are just my thoughts. Hard to tell.

But here's to hoping they get booked at the very least

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 18:30 

DukeofDK wrote:
Again, it is too hard to tell before they're announced. If they are, I hope they won't headline, as I really want a big rock name. And gixbit has said, they're not nearly relevant enough. Kraftwerk, on the other hand, are more important (to me), and are pioneers of the electronic-genre. But then again, the line-up is so unique that they might as well.

So by being one of the most influential bands of the 90's and one of the biggest funk bands in the world doesn't qualify for a headliner spot?

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2013, 18:46 

Aleg-One wrote:
DukeofDK wrote:

So by being one of the most influential bands of the 90's and one of the biggest funk bands in the world doesn't qualify for a headliner spot?

In comparison to what's on this year's poster? They do. Otherwise, I wouldn't take them as one.