Information, announcements and your feedback & question about the forum.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Where do we leave that? Would this new topic be a sufficient bin for that?
Sure, feel free to post any comments or feedback in this sub-forum.
I can maybe help out with graphics tidbits if needed? An official forum logo instead of just the canopy?

I design the printed programme for Roskilde every year, so I have the right font ("4000") and stuff. Just need to ask ANHJC for permission, but I doubt it will be a problem.

Maybe we could even use the font for certain CSS elements such as headlines. It probably looks weird on systems without antialiasing, but it is already in use on the official website.
That would be great! We'll contact you by PM with some details later today.

Because we are on a hosted platform the options for graphical changes are limited (we can't install our own phpBB style and from the available styles we can only edit the main CSS file) but sure there are still enough possibilities to give the forum a better graphical identity.
Thank you for keeping the forum running.
(Couldn't find a fitting place to make my 1st forum post, so I can edit my profile, so went for a simple thank you post here.)
Hello BigL, welcome back to the forum!

There are some anti-spam restrictions for new users. Like you mentioned, you cannot edit you user profile until you make a first post and you cannot have links/URLs in your first post.

We've created a new topic here for new users to say hi and get that akward first post out of the way :D
I feel like the quote function could use a tweak. I like it better when you only quote the post you're quoting and don't include that post's quotes as well, unless you specifically want to. It's neater that way I think.
I hope it makes sense.
Unfortunately that's not tweak-able in the forum settings (and we can't install any custom modifications with our hosting company).

You can edit out previous quotes yourself though by modifying the BBcode in the quote.
Orange wrote: Unfortunately that's not tweak-able in the forum settings (and we can't install any custom modifications with our hosting company).

You can edit out previous quotes yourself though by modifying the BBcode in the quote.

Yeah that's what I've been doing so far. Alright then, I'll stick to removing second layer quotes.
I`m so happy this forum is alive and working, big thanks to the people making it. All the talk of difficulties between this and smartphones, are making me a little uneasy; is it still possible to maintain our forum and also make the people with a faster media satisfied? We`ve had the discussion before, and I`d like to know what`s happening. I don`t think I`ll ever have a smartphone or facebook.
You can have a look at the proposed new forum software here: https://meta.discourse.org
Some big sites that are using it are mentioned here: http://www.discourse.org/faq/customers/

Nothing major will change for users that access the forum exclusively from a PC (other than the change in layout and some more advanced functionality, but the basics remain the same) :P

Have a look at the user statistic for last week. We didn't have any major festival news or any advertisement or promoting on Facebook. Returning v.s. new visitors was 78% v.s. 22%

As you can see 80% of the visitors is 25+ of age. Only 20% is in the 18 to 25 age group. The average age of a Roskilde festival visitor is ~24.
This forum community will die without new, younger users. In fact, it was already dying the last few years as part of the official Roskilde website :bang:
We are only seeing a small increase in posts this year thanks to advertising and promoting on Facebook.

If you are concerned about the quality of posts from casual visitors, there are some features in Discourse that will discourage or even block one-liners ("Daft Punk!", "RATM!!!11111one" ect.) and promote more mature discourse ( :D )

All that being said, we are very interested in the opinion of our current regulars, so please feel free to raise any points of concern or other questions :)
Orange wrote: You can have a look at the proposed new forum software here: https://meta.discourse.org
Some big sites that are using it are mentioned here: http://www.discourse.org/faq/customers/

Discourse looks awesome! ;)
12 posts Page 1 of 1