Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
I think this 5 hour closing party at Arena needs its own thread.

With 100 artists joining on stage during the 5 hours it will be fun to see who joins them

According to Africa Express website then these acts is associated with this project.

Adama Koita, Adrian Sherwood, Afel Bocoum, Afrikan Boy, Amadou & Mariam, Amazigh Kateb, Amparo Sanchez, Amy Sacko, Andre de Ridder, Arthur H, Audio Bullys, Audrey Gbaguidi, Ayo, Ba Cissoko

Baaba Maal, Baloji, Basement Jaxx, Bashy, Bassekou Kouyate, batida, Bijou, Billy Bragg, Bjork, Bombay Bicycle Club, Brian Eno, Bullion

Carl Barat, Cate Le Bon, Catherine Ringer, Charli XCX, Cheick Tidiane Seck, Choc Quib Town, Cid Rim, Cocknbullkid, Corinne Bailey Rae, Cubain Kabeya

Daara J, Damon Albarn, De La Soul, Diabel Cissokho, Dizzy Mandkeju, Django Django, Djazia Satour, Dobet Gnahore, Don Letts

Ebony Thomas Bones, Einar örn Benediktsson, Eliades Ochoa, Eli za Doolittle, Elmore Judd, Elvis Costello, Eslam Jawaad, Ethiocolor

Fatboy Slim, Fatoumata Diawara, Femi Kuti, Flea, Fode Lassana, FOKN Bois, Franz Ferdinand, Fyfe Dangerfield
Gambari

Gang of Four, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, Ghetts, Ghostpoet, Gilles Peterson, Gruff Rhys, Guimba Kouyate, Gulp

Hard-Fi, Hatim Bensalha, Hindi Zarah, Holy Other, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble

Izia

Jack Steadman (Bombay Bicycle Club), Jamie T, Javier Conde, Jeff Wootton, Jesse Hackett, Joan As Policewoman, John Paul Jones, Johnny Marr, Jon McClure, Josh Klinghoffer, Juldeh Camara, Jupiter & Okwess International, Justin Adams,

K'naan, Kano, Karim 'Rush' Adel, Kasabian, Kasai All Stars, Kasse Maddy, Kate Tempest, Keziah Jones, Khaira Arby, Kick Horns, Kinshasa Symphony Orchestra, Kokanka Sata, Konono No.1, Kouyate & Neerman, Krar Collective, Kyla La Grange

Les Ambassadeurs, Les Nubians, Lil Silva, Lucy Rose

M.anifest, M1 (Dead Prez), M3nsa, Magic Numbers, Mamani Keita, Mark Ronson, Marques Toliver, Martha Wainwright, Martina Topley-Bird, Massive Attack, Mathieu Chedid, Matthieu Chedid, Maverick sabre, Maximo Park, MC Malikah, Mehdi Haddab, Mic Righteous, Mick Jones, Mim Suleiman, Mirel Wagner, Mo DJ, Modeste, Moriba Koita, Mounir Baziz, Ms Dynamite, Muntu Valdo, Musa Mboob

Natty, Nick Zinner, Nicolas Jaar, Nitin Sawhney, Noisettes

Olugbenga, Oumou Sangare, Oxmo Puccino

Papa Ghana, Patrick Woolf, Paul McCartney, Paul Weller, Pauli the PSM, Peter Hook, Phoenix

Rachel Unthank, Rachid Taha, Radioclit, Rae Morris, Reeps One, Remi Kabaka, Remi Nicole, Reverend and the Makers, Richard Russell, Richy Pitch, Rise Kagona, Rizzle Kicks, Rokia Traore, Roots Manuva, Roses Gabor, Rosie Wilson, Rye Rye

Salif Keita, Sally Nyolo, Samy, Scratch, Seye, Shingai Shoniwa, Shlomo, Shy FX, Sidi Touré, Sidiki Diabate, Sister Fa, Sola Akingbola, Sonah Jobarteh, Songhoy Blues, Sorie Kondi, Souad Massi, Speech Debelle, Spoek Mathambo, Staff Benda Bilili, Sway

Talbi, Tamikrest, Terri Walker, Terry Riley, Thandiswa, The Aliens, The Bots, The Gang of Four, The Good The Bad The Queen, The Kooks, The Magic Numbers,The Specials, The Temper Trap, The Very Best, Theophilius London, Tiken Jah Fakoly, Tinariwen, Tony Allen, Tor, Toumani Diabate, Triangulo de Amor Bizarro, Trio Da Kali, Turin Brakes, Two Inch Punch, Ty

U-Cef

Vieux Farka Toure, VV Brown

Wanlov the Kubolor, Wasis Diop, Wuru Samba

YADi, Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Damon albarn is also included (listed under The Good, The Bad & The Queen) but Fatboy Slim has also been involved at some point.

So know we have 3 months to figure out who will be on stage that night. :D
I guess it´s Arena. Hard to fit all those people on Pavillion´s stage...
Wallu wrote: I guess it´s Arena. Hard to fit all those people on Pavillion´s stage...

They'll come up with something. Maybe the percussion guys will hang in rope from the tent or something.

Seriously, it's rather interesting what's going to happen. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it'll be a party regardless.
Not all of the acts will come. And as the topic say it will be at Arena
I think that Wahren said to Soundvenue that it will be Damon Albarn who plans this, so we'll probably see him. Paul McCartney also went on stage with them, last time they were in England, so I guess he could show up. I mean, he's playing another stage moments before this one
!!!Arena Party is back!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
From that list we have 3 artist and group on this years lineup, Jupiter & Okwess International, Kate Tempest and Paul McCartney.

Also there is a bunch of names from the previous years line ups.
Tony Allen is around. Albarn appeared on his last album. I'm sure he'll show up :)
I have seen them in London. It was the best gig ever, outside by a station, just non-stop with different people coming on all the time. But won't be all those people I do not think. Although saw McCartney with them so expect to see him again.
To any official RF people reading along here (if any):

Will there at any point be an announcement with the specific artists guesting this event - or do we just have to stick around for the whole five hours to avoid missing potential favorites?
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Now some names have been named

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/news/20 ... -the-party

It.... Looks.... Crazy. No McCartney and Deafheaven for me. I'll be at this show all 5 hours!
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Now some names have been named

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/news/20 ... -the-party

It.... Looks.... Crazy. No McCartney and Deafheaven for me. I'll be at this show all 5 hours!

Yep, me too!! I´m sure sir Paul will show up...

And I just love this quote : "We now have the privilege of sharing some of the artists that will be performing at Arena on 4 July. And this is just the start! There will be quite a few additional special and surprising guests on the night as well."

That´s not all folks...!!!
:D Roskilde are really putting on the mother of all closing parties with Africa Express , a serious line up of musicians with guests, including the legendary Warren Ellis of Dirty Three ,(probably the best 3 piece around ever ) NOT TO BE MISSED. :D
Was the ending of the concert just a gimmick? I hope so because I don't want Albarn to be mad at Roskilde because I really need that Blur concert to happen.
20 posts Page 1 of 2