Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
49 posts Page 2 of 4
Watched Elton John on Malta in 2012, I think. It was terrible! So please not him.

But Foo Fighters and Black Keys, yeah, that would do for me!
What this tread just prove is how few superheadliners there are and how bad ppl are at sticking at the topic ;-)
Coldplay would be a perfect superheadliner! Did not see them last time around due to irresponsable drinking habits!
Coldplay would make all the other acts look small and would play for 6 hours!
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: What this tread just prove is how few superheadliners there are and how bad ppl are at sticking at the topic ;-)

I'll award you a 10/10 for that post!
disneyland wrote: Coldplay would be a perfect superheadliner! Did not see them last time around due to irresponsable drinking habits!
Coldplay would make all the other acts look small and would play for 6 hours!

...followed up with a 1/10 for this post.
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: What this tread just prove is how few superheadliners there are and how bad ppl are at sticking at the topic ;-)

At least it has confirmed my suspicion, that there are very few bands, which I would call superheadliners, since most of the suggesions are not the size of the bands I mentioned in my first post. But maybe RF will surprise us, I at least was quite surprised (but also quite pleased) by the McCartny-booking this year, after I expect that the festival had done their best to get ACDC as this years topband.

If we got David Bowie, I would be quite pleased, someone need to convince him, that he owe us a concert :?
Christian Forslund wrote:

At least it has confirmed my suspicion, that there are very few bands, which I would call superheadliners, since most of the suggesions are not the size of the bands I mentioned in my first post. But maybe RF will surprise us, I at least was quite surprised (but also quite pleased) by the McCartny-booking this year, after I expect that the festival had done their best to get ACDC as this years topband.

If we got David Bowie, I would be quite pleased, someone need to convince him, that he owe us a concert :?

There are very, very few bands or artists I would place in the "superheadliner" category. Less than twenty five of whom many don't really fit Roskilde's bill and many others don't even do festivals.

I'd love to see Tom Waits or maybe Taylor Swift. She's the one really, really poppish artist I think would be able to put on a REALLY decent show at Orange stage.

David Bowie, I think he's retired from playing live completely due to his not completely stable health, so the first thing would be to convince him to come out and play at all.
    Queen: No. They've just been here, and it's... not really Queen.
    Eminem: Maybe, if he isn't too far over the hill already?
    U2: Doubt they will do any other festival than Glasto. Also, outrageously expensive. Probably more than any other super headliner, Roskilde has ever had.
    Daft Punk: Don't play live currently.
Jackster1976 wrote: Let's wait some months to see what happens.

No, let's find the definite definition for "superheadliner" so the bookers know which way to go! :-)

what about this:

for three decades or more: having been all of this, in popular music, worldwide:
- relevant
- popular
- successful
plus
- being still available

U2 would be almost there. Madonna is.
Axel wrote:
Jackster1976 wrote: Let's wait some months to see what happens.

No, let's find the definite definition for "superheadliner" so the bookers know which way to go! :-)

what about this:

for three decades or more: having been all of this, in popular music, worldwide:
- relevant
- popular
- successful
plus
- being still available

U2 would be almost there. Madonna is.

U2 are most definitely "there". They are probably also way too expensive.
Supers:
See Coldblooded's post

Big enough?:
Radiohead?
Foo Fighters?

Reunions which could he Superheadliners:
R.E.M.?
The Police?
Although I doubt it

Not popular enough in Denmark:
Dave Matthews Band
Fleetwood Mac
Tom Petty

Won't Happen:
Pearl Jam

To consider: would it be too early to bring back:
Neil Young?
Bob Dylan?
The Who?
(all's super-status being questioned, despite my admiration for them)

Springsteen and Prince definitely are too early (although I'd love to have them)
I think that Prince should be back. Next year it has been already 6 years since he played and he has been active the whole time. I also think that Pearl Jam should come back. Enough time has passed, it could be a healing process, all parties included.
Wallu wrote: I think that Prince should be back. Next year it has been already 6 years since he played and he has been active the whole time. I also think that Pearl Jam should come back. Enough time has passed, it could be a healing process, all parties included.

Well it is Pearl Jam saying no, not Roskilde
After watching Pearl Jam Twenty, I definitely don't see Pearl Jam ever returning to Roskilde.
HI, Of the above names mentioned , all are good headliners who the masses obviously like, but if i was a betting man I would say the Foo fighters are in the mix next year. not my personal.choice . BUT ?
Mr Tuborg wrote: HI, Of the above names mentioned , all are good headliners who the masses obviously like, but if i was a betting man I would say the Foo fighters are in the mix next year. not my personal.choice . BUT ?

but as it have been said before in the tread, Foo Fighters is not a superheadliner. They are a great headline that Roskilde would like to book year and a lot of ppl would go to Orange stage, but not a superheadliner.
49 posts Page 2 of 4