Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
49 posts Page 4 of 4
Helbob wrote: Who do people see on the poster in this topic?

With no Guns n'Roses return to Roskilde in 2016(confirmed by RF) and David Bowie passing away is there really so many bands for this spot?

U2 is a name up there but so far not on tour 2016.
Neil Young could also be the top spot with tour-dates aroung Roskilde, but is he big enough?
Foo Fighters has stopped playing live and would they be big enough?
Eminem - Would he be considered super-headliner?

Or is the topic already closed with the booking of New Order? (personally i dont think so)

Who do you think? (if getting any)

With my definition of superheadliner David Bowie would be a true superheadliner. U2 would also but perhaps not the most popular one, since Bono has got a lot of haters. Eminem would also be a superheadliner. Foo fighters, Neil Young and Guns n'Roses would be headliners but not Super. I actually thought that New Order could be demoted to supheadliner. They can't be that wellknown to the younger audience and among the bands from the eighties bands like Depeche Mode, Cure and Duran Duran would be bigger names.
From the current bands I think Red Hot Chili pepper would be the closest to a superheadliner, but with all the haters, and can't se RF selling them as that.
Christian Forslund wrote:
Helbob wrote: Who do people see on the poster in this topic?

With no Guns n'Roses return to Roskilde in 2016(confirmed by RF) and David Bowie passing away is there really so many bands for this spot?

U2 is a name up there but so far not on tour 2016.
Neil Young could also be the top spot with tour-dates aroung Roskilde, but is he big enough?
Foo Fighters has stopped playing live and would they be big enough?
Eminem - Would he be considered super-headliner?

Or is the topic already closed with the booking of New Order? (personally i dont think so)

Who do you think? (if getting any)

With my definition of superheadliner David Bowie would be a true superheadliner. U2 would also but perhaps not the most popular one, since Bono has got a lot of haters. Eminem would also be a superheadliner. Foo fighters, Neil Young and Guns n'Roses would be headliners but not Super. I actually thought that New Order could be demoted to supheadliner. They can't be that wellknown to the younger audience and among the bands from the eighties bands like Depeche Mode, Cure and Duran Duran would be bigger names.
From the current bands I think Red Hot Chili pepper would be the closest to a superheadliner, but with all the haters, and can't se RF selling them as that.

People tend to underestimate New Order and forget how massively influential they were, when they were called Joy Division. Sure, they've lost their way a couple of times, but so has Duran Duran, whom I'd place them in league with, despite DD not being nearly as influential. Both are in a tier below Depeche Mode and The Cure (both of whom I'd say are super headliners), so sure, they'd headline, but never be considered superheadliners.

I'd still say that Radiohead is the best bet for a superheadliner at Roskilde. They've got popularity like few others and across generations, are massively influential, have stayed fresh and have a new album out some time in 2016.
Peter Gabriel and Sting Are doing a tour together, that might be big enough to count as a super headliner.
Stolen wrote: Peter Gabriel and Sting Are doing a tour together, that might be big enough to count as a super headliner.

Yeah, but the tour also places them quite solidly in USA and Canada (they're crisscrossing back and forth over the border) during Roskilde.
49 posts Page 4 of 4