Present your camp or share camp experiences.
42 posts Page 3 of 3
This is great advice.
Thanks a lot! :)
Ok i was reading over this topic again. I really am curious if anything has changed. Last year I do remember running around for setting up the camp. And to me that was kinda stressful. But the most annoying thing was people walking around J forcing their tent where our pavillionwas. That happened from sunday untill wednesday 3 times . oh well its only one month!!!
Ok i was reading over this topic again. I really am curious if anything has changed. Last year I do remember running around for setting up the camp. And to me that was kinda stressful. But the most annoying thing was people walking around J forcing their tent where our pavillionwas. That happened from sunday untill wednesday 3 times . oh well its only one month!!!
I guess the new pre-entrance booking for the "J" area will take some op the pressure off, at least for the first few hours.
Wait what? Is that just South or do I need to do something more?
Ehm a pre booking to acces J area before sunset. When the fog rises in the east from the lake ...then the regulars can enter this peaceful heaven with chhillaxing people
It's the first I hear of a pre-access booking for J but I really don't follow the Roskilde webpage as it's diificult and non-intuitive to navigate and facebook is just hopeless as a communication media for this sort of thing.
The pre-booking is new for 2016 although they did something similar for the Silent & Clean area a few years back, the year after "J" got overrun with 'normal' campers when the fences got crashed the evening before the official opening and everything was a big chaos. "J" turned into and extension of the regular camping with the usual mess and 27/4 sound systems.
won't be able to make it to Roskilde this year again, it will be interesting to hear if that pre booking works.

good that they try to change something. there may be 2 problems though: many people may not have realized they needed to buy the tickets for early access (because that was not communicated well, I agree) - and will be surprised to have to wait several hours. not good for the mood. also, over the days ist will get very full again, of course.

Does anyone know if the gravel pit area will ever be used again? if the other areas would stay the same size, that would change something, wouldn't it?
well, we are really curious how it went in J this year. any information is much appreciated. Did that pre access booking work well?
couldn't make it to Roskilde this year but are already planning for 2017 :-)

cheers.
Well... there was no difference in the South queue (there was no separate queue there for "J") although the South queue was relative quiet and relaxes this year, at least that's how I experienced it. They did scan your South queue ticket and already gave you your temporary wristband at the South queue entrance.

For Silent & Clean you had to make a de-tour around the lake (the unofficial back entrance to "J" was not open the first day) and queue again there at the main entrance of "J". The queue there was only a few minutes.

We managed to get a nice spot right up front close to the kiosk and agora tent for ~30 people quite easily.
From what I remember the area was not overbooked with the pre-access tickets and there was plenty of space in the lower area's for the first day but it did fill up completely again the next day. We had a some people with small tents 'joining' our camp in the tiny spaces that where left the first day.
I forgot to mention but there was a massive queue to get into the South queue, probably a two hour plus waiting time at some point.
Probably caused by the fact that you got your temporary wristband already at the queue entrance.
We where somewhat 'creative' with entering this queue so it didn't bother us that much but would have been a massive pain to have to wait in line multiple hours as many did after 12:00~13:00 :x
42 posts Page 3 of 3