Present your camp or share camp experiences.
42 posts Page 1 of 3
Did anyone notice how fast J filled up this year? Couldn't make it to Roskilde this year. Last year we were only 2 or 3 hours late and we couldn't find a spot for a camp with 4 small tents. Really bad. Guess, you almost had to run this year?
We arrived there sunday afternoon and we get a spot for one tent (2m x 3m), but it was far from the agora centre. Our friends came on monday with two tents and somehow they also find a space almost side by side, although I think it was difficult to get a spot. :) So that's what I know, and in my opinion it was almost filled on sunday.
I arrived on Monday around 3 or 4 pm and found a spot big enough for three tents on the apollo side of J, only needed space for 1 tent and the other two were gone within an hour.
It filled up really quickly again this year, like last year.
If you want to have a camp with a few tents and a pavilion you definitely want to be in the South waiting queue.
We where in the back of the queue at South and where able to set up a camp for 20 people in the front near the agora tent but we had to organize it and run for it. A few hours later it was filled with the exception of some one or two tent spots in the back.

I hope they will expand the Silent & Clean area next year with "K" which was designated as clean area this year and looked really nice to stay at as well.
Too bad they neglected the area around the swimming lake this year (no sauna and hot tubs, no bar, some parts around the swimming lake had no sand, just mud and coarse grass).
B. what are you reasons to expand it? Ppl are saying they found room for 2 tents on monday. You can´t do that in K.

I understand how it where nice for you guys living in J that is use to be easy to get a place, but J is still a lot more easy to get a room in then most of the other areas
It filled up much faster this year. Both years we've bought entrance booking, and last year we could choose between almost anywhere setting up a camp with about 6 tents and a pavilion. This year it was almost already fillled up when we arrived, but we managed to secure an area for our camp far away from everything in the last possible moment. I too hope they will expand this area next year - especially if this tendency is on-going.
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: B. what are you reasons to expand it? Ppl are saying they found room for 2 tents on monday. You can´t do that in K.

I understand how it where nice for you guys living in J that is use to be easy to get a place, but J is still a lot more easy to get a room in then most of the other areas

We have been camping there for 5 years now (after being in the area that is now Apollo for many years) and we have seen it fill up more quickly each year. To me this indicates that the Silent & Clean concept is getting more popular. It's not that only older people camp there. If I have to guess it's mostly people in their early to mid twenties (average Roskilde age).

They have already expanded the J / Silent & Clean area in the past by adding the south most part next to the train tracks a few years ago.

I think K would be ideal to extend the Silent & Clean concept to. It's clear that Roskilde themselves want to move to a clean concept for most, if not all of the camping areas in the future anyway.

One of the reasons not to go for "G", despite it being a clean area, is the 'risk' that you still get to camp next to a camp with a big sound system blasting 24/7.
Don't think it's needed to expand it just yet. Still were lots of room for a tent or two even Tuesday and Wednesday, you just had to go to other side of the Agora. Sure, it would be close to the railroad tracks but still there aren't that many trains running through the night.
But B. & Lord Beef Jerky why expand that area with after the bottem part of P filles up most slow? I Am sure a lot of the ppl in G want that part of J back. I still have to se the first good reason to expand the area that is filling up so slow. Yeah it is going faster, but sure as hell not as fast the rest of the camping. Why make it harder for most of the ppl going to the festival? It sounds very selfish to me.
In a couple of years there's also the newly filled up gravel pit part so pressure will be eased by then.
Saturnus wrote: In a couple of years there's also the newly filled up gravel pit part so pressure will be eased by then.

But isn't the gravel pit just moving to another part of the camping grounds? In that case, the pressure will be the same.

It might not be time to expand S&C just yet, but it still becomes more and more popular each year. It's pretty much the area furthest from the festival, and people who camp here do it for a reason. I would personally love it, if some kind of restriction showed up on the giant speakers in the different camps, because I don't want to stop partying at 22:00 - but I do want to sleep as well, which is why we moved to the S&C area last year. I do feel like an old asshole when I say "I miss the good, old days".
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:
Saturnus wrote: In a couple of years there's also the newly filled up gravel pit part so pressure will be eased by then.

But isn't the gravel pit just moving to another part of the camping grounds? In that case, the pressure will be the same.

Nope. No more gravel pit anywhere near the festival ever again. It's all done and gone.
I thought the plan was to dig into west (C and Darup Idrætscenter/restricted camp) but maybe the plans has been cancelled.
Saturnus wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Nope. No more gravel pit anywhere near the festival ever again. It's all done and gone.

Yihaaaaa!
Saturnus wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

It's the end of a (very long and sometimes annoying) era. :D
42 posts Page 1 of 3