We know you love to talk about music. This category is for all non Roskilde festival related music talk.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
So now we all have sleeped after Roskilde? Will you guys go to more festival this year?

I will go to Grimfest at the 30/7-1/8 in Aarhus, Denmark and to Aalborg Metal Festival 5-7/11 (It is Indoor)

Early this year I have been at Groezrock in Belgium and it where awesome and I have been to Copenhell and that where very good to, and ofc Roskilde ;-) ...so 2015 looks like it will be my best festival year
I will possibly go to either Lowlands (in the Netherlands) or Pukkelpop (in Belgium) which are the same weekend at the end of August.
There is also a city festival in my home town with theatre, dance and Dutch / Belgium bands in September.

North Sea Jazz festival in Rotterdam is happening right now. I used to go there the weekend after Roskilde but that fell through this year :(
I´m probably going to Flow festival here in Helsinki. Already saw Florence + the Machine and The War on Drugs in Roskilde, but there´s still likes of Chic, Roisin Murphy and BECK!!!!!! to see. Pretty posh one, that festival is, no mud expected and also sleeping in my own bed each night so a bit different experience. Also there´s a two day small alternative rock festibval in couple of weeks in an underground joint also here in Helsinki. Great chance to check out the weirder stuff out there. Had to cancel my volunteering in Ilosaarirock, Joensuu since I´m broke and don´t even have the money to travel there. We also have a park where there´s band playing every weekend and some street festivals and I´ll try to catch those as often as I can.
I went to Primavera Sound in Barcelona, then to Azkena Rock Festival (Vitoria), then BST Summertime in London (only The Who date), then Roskilde and this week, Benicassim Festival.

Primavera, Azkena, Roskilde and FIB are an standard in my year plans since more then a decade ago.
Been to lots of local festivals, plus Roskilde – and one abroad on the horizon:

Pop Revo
SPOT Festival
NorthSide
Roskilde Festival
Danmarks Grimmeste Festival
Danmarks Smukkeste Festival (one day only)
Alive Festival (one day only)
Aarhus Festuge
Le Guess Who? (Utrecht, Netherlands)
Coldblooded wrote: Been to lots of local festivals, plus Roskilde – and one abroad on the horizon:

Pop Revo
SPOT Festival
NorthSide
Roskilde Festival
Aarhus Festuge

(y) Good ones?
Wallu wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: Been to lots of local festivals, plus Roskilde – and one abroad on the horizon:

Pop Revo
SPOT Festival
NorthSide
Roskilde Festival
Aarhus Festuge

(y) Good ones?

Cold and I had a awesome time at Danmarks Grimmeste Festival :D
My festival year has been poor.

One day at Distortion (Vesterbro edition)
One day at Tivoli Gospel Festival
Also one day at Køge Festuge (I had to see Vengaboys :-) )
Let's see. Not sure if I'm completely done with festivals for the year yet but so far my meager experience this year has been:

A psychobilly two-day mini-festival arranged by High Voltage. 8/5 (scores don't have to make sense when it's psychobilly)
Distortion, only Vesterbro. 3/5
Roskilde Festival. 5/5
Uhørt. 5/5
Strøm, end party only. 2/5. Afterparty in the park after the official noise finally stopped. 5/5.
Reeperbahn Festival. Hamburg, Germany. 5/5
Wallu wrote:

Pop Revo
SPOT Festival
NorthSide
Roskilde Festival
Aarhus Festuge

(y) Good ones?

I'd rank all of them from good to great in each their way! Except Le Guess Who? — I don't have any beforehand experience with this one. Lineup is mind-blowing compared to the measly €110 the ticket costs.

One gripe: If you're going to Danmarks Grimmeste, consider Airbnb instead of camping. The other inhabitants of the camp site are such utter cunts that they managed to fuck it up to Agora C-worthy standards in a matter of three days as opposed to Roskilde's eight. They also managed to total my tent the first night, so all of a sudden it became a quite expensive festival to attend. The concerts and company (especially Martin) were top class though.
Besides Roskilde I only ended up going to a small festival in my town (with Dutch and Belgian bands).
I did also go for one day to the Pinkpop festival (Muse and Faith no More). Pinkpop is before Roskilde though.
Primavera Sound, Barcelona, May
Azkena Rock Festival, Vitoria, June
BST Hyde Park, London (just once day, The Who), June
Roskilde Festival, Roskilde, July
FIB, Benicassim, July
Funtastic Dracula Carnival, Benidorm, October

It has been a better year for concerts outside Madrid (where I Live) than festivals, but I've enjoyed a lot this 6 fests. I have bought tickets for Roadburn in April in Netherlands, so I guess that will be my first festival of 2016.
bongo-anders wrote: My festival year has been poor.

One day at Distortion (Vesterbro edition)
One day at Tivoli Gospel Festival
Also one day at Køge Festuge (I had to see Vengaboys :-) )

I forgot to add Roskilde but I thought that was obvious. :D
So tomorrow the next festival starts for me: Aalborg Metal Festival it will be great with some days of good metal :D
Only managed 3 this year , Roskilde . Electric picknic (Ireland). Knockanstockan ( Ireland). Nothing certain apart for RF next year. Checking out The Waterboys in Dublin tomorrow night , they should chase away the ' no festival blues' for a while. :D
16 posts Page 1 of 2