A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
I think everyone that bought a ticket has received an email with a link to a questionnaire about Roskilde festival 2015.

What feedback did you provide? Positive / negative points and other feedback?

I mentioned a few things elsewhere already but my main points where:
  • queueing and camping areas filling up really fast. We need more camping space and I suggested expanding the Silent and Clean area / concept
  • deploy more vacuum / flush toiled at the camping sites (paid like at area "L" if needed)
  • we really need more (hot) showers
  • there where no water points at the festival area (at least I did not find them this year) although there where enough other opportunities to get water, it surprised me
  • I don't like the Avalon stage, its location and its use. Bring back Odeon and use the Avalon area for urban/hip-hop/world like in the past
  • I would like to see more camping options like tenthouse and rockwool etc.
  • it never felt too busy at the festival area with short queues and enough opportunities to get food and drinks at excellent quality
  • the overall relaxed and laid-back attitude of all the volunteer workers at the festival site, especially at the festival entrances
Thanks for answering the survey. The feedback we receive is extremely valuable to the planning of festivals to come. If you're reading this and still haven't answered the survey, please do so! We evaluate on everything in August and start gearing up for next year's festival immediately after that, so we need your input ASAP.

Oh and just one little note on camping options like Tenthouse and Rockwool Shelter. More stuff is coming. Hopefully for the 2016 season.

Cheers,
Steen
Steen H - what about the total camping area do you know if it will grow? So all is more sure on getting a spore where there is a room for there camp and that ppl wont be so desperat?
I'd very much like to participate in this survey, but I have not received any via e-mail.
You can try to email analyse@roskilde-festival.dk and ask for a link to the survey.
I can't share the link as it seems unique and personalized.

I think you must be subscribed to the Roskilde newsletter to recieve emails like this in the future.
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Steen H - what about the total camping area do you know if it will grow? So all is more sure on getting a spore where there is a room for there camp and that ppl wont be so desperat?

I don't think the total area will grow in the near future. Look at Google Maps. There aren't that many areas available, unless we go farther away and shuttle people back and forth. We did that with Get A Tent years back, and to be honest, I don't think that will be a viable option. The festival leases almost all the camping areas from land owners. This is expensive and we can't really force anyone to let us use their land. Also, we can't afford to expand the total area to more than we will need.

We do have the gravel pit coming back to life at some point, but I don't know what will be done with it.

The camping areas filled up faster than usual, simply because more people arrived early. That puts some strain on people arriving late and/or looking to stay 25 people together. We have the Get A Place offer for this exact reason and it was wildly popular this year.

For now that leaves us with being creative with the areas we do have. We're booting up in late August and suggestions are always welcome. Even if you don't get an invite to the survey, do discuss ideas in here, but also write to the Info center at info@roskilde-festival.dk, as they will relay all mails to the relevant people.

Cheers,
Steen
I visited some friends at the get a place area Wednesday just before the music started, and it looked like half the area was filled, so there was plenty of room left there.

On the survey, my biggest issue was the lack of bigger rockbands (Muse and Minds of 99 was the only rockbands on Orange). Besides that warm water in the showers was my only wish (I was at get a tent central, so things was cleaner and more quiet there).
Christian Forslund wrote: I visited some friends at the get a place area Wednesday just before the music started, and it looked like half the area was filled, so there was plenty of room left there.

On the survey, my biggest issue was the lack of bigger rockbands (Muse and Minds of 99 was the only rockbands on Orange). Besides that warm water in the showers was my only wish (I was at get a tent central, so things was cleaner and more quiet there).

If Minds of 99 is rock then Macca is also rock :-) And Mew for sure is a rock band
B. wrote: You can try to email analyse@roskilde-festival.dk and ask for a link to the survey.

I think you must be subscribed to the Roskilde newsletter to recieve emails like this in the future.

Thanks, I'll give it a go!
As for being subscribed to the newsletter, I already am, which is why I'm puzzled.
DukeofDK wrote:
B. wrote: You can try to email analyse@roskilde-festival.dk and ask for a link to the survey.

Thanks, I'll give it a go!
As for being subscribed to the newsletter, I already am, which is why I'm puzzled.

The e-mail I received said it was due to me having bought a ticket with that e-mail address, i.e. not related to the newsletter.
Lets see what they'll do with the feedback
11 posts Page 1 of 1