Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
282 posts Page 1 of 19
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 Next
It is a little terrible to see the wishes on Facebook on the Roskilde 2016 Event page, so I had to start this topic already. Hopefully we can have a better and more realistic discussion here on the forum. Who will drop hot albums? Who is Touring? Who do we want?

The Rumours of an N.W.A. reunion tour sounds very interesting as a Hip hop headliner (I'm not getting my hopes up though)!

Can The Libertines do a decent 3. album and get relevant again?

Gojira might drop a new album, and they completely destroyed Copenhell. Get them inside that Arena tent at midnight!

Wilco and Tame Impala are getting great reviews, so maybe Tame Impala can get a second chance after the pretty horrible attempt last time.

With 2*Kendrick (successfully) Roskilde might want to book the wingman Schoolboy Q next year. He is not on par with Kendrick (who is?), but his popularity is significant, and he would be a solid booking.

Soundgarden might drop an album, but I think they are more of a personal favorite more than a realistic bet.

I was just at Vanguard Festival, and most of the artists are pretty old school and not really relevant to Roskilde, but if Jay Electronica drops his album he might be something. It was cool seeing him going crazy both at his show, but also afterwards with the crowd to the other concerts and at the afterparty ! Furthermore The Blackbyrds, Roy Ayers and Lee Fields did some really strong legend funk/Soul concerts. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Especially Lee Fields, but he was at the Festival in 2012, so that's probably unlikely.

I won't start guessing any World names. I would just be hoping for bands like Bixiga 70, Kuti Brothers, Ondatropica and many more to return. In the end I will most likely be introduced to a bunch of names I've never heard of but soon enjoy :P

Lastly: Since it will be 3 years since Volbeat last was at Roskilde I think it's fair to assume that they will be the danish headliner. I would love it if someone could prove me wrong on this one! I really dislike Volbeat, but who else?
Are you thinking of Charles Bradley instead of Lee Fields in 2012. Don´t think Lee Fields played...? Or then I missed one hell of a concert (saw him in Finland couple of years age, though).
On the wishes side, I wanna see Imelda May, Mirel Wagner, Cleaning Women and Ebo Taylor.
Wallu wrote: Are you thinking of Charles Bradley instead of Lee Fields in 2012. Don´t think Lee Fields played...? Or then I missed one hell of a concert (saw him in Finland couple of years age, though).


I was pretty surpriced that I missed this one as well, but the program From 2012 shows that he played at 3.00 friday night at Odeon. Really sad to have missed that. It was sooo good at Vanguard. The Tent was on serious fire :)
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote: Are you thinking of Charles Bradley instead of Lee Fields in 2012. Don´t think Lee Fields played...? Or then I missed one hell of a concert (saw him in Finland couple of years age, though).


I was pretty surpriced that I missed this one as well, but the program From 2012 shows that he played at 3.00 friday night at Odeon. Really sad to have missed that. It was sooo good at Vanguard. The Tent was on serious fire :)


Oh, yes. That rings a bell. Missed it due to Dead Skeletons concert (or being too tired after that). Yep, that was the case. But he was also so good in Tavastia, Helsnki couple of years ago, that I would welcome him back anyday.
Wallu wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote: Are you thinking of Charles Bradley instead of Lee Fields in 2012. Don´t think Lee Fields played...? Or then I missed one hell of a concert (saw him in Finland couple of years age, though).


I was pretty surpriced that I missed this one as well, but the program From 2012 shows that he played at 3.00 friday night at Odeon. Really sad to have missed that. It was sooo good at Vanguard. The Tent was on serious fire :)


Oh, yes. That rings a bell. Missed it due to Dead Skeletons concert (or being too tired after that). Yep, that was the case. But he was also so good in Tavastia, Helsnki couple of years ago, that I would welcome him back anyday.


Yeah Dead Skeletons was at 2.30! I just don't think Roskilde invites these old legends more than once. I think I missed it due to fatigue that day, but I imagine it could have been quite an experience that late at night with people being slightly drunk :). Dammit!
Wallu wrote: On the wishes side, I wanna see Imelda May, Mirel Wagner, Cleaning Women and Ebo Taylor.


You are instantly putting me to work. Never heard of these bands :D
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote: On the wishes side, I wanna see Imelda May, Mirel Wagner, Cleaning Women and Ebo Taylor.


You are instantly putting me to work. Never heard of these bands :D


Mirel Wagner and Cleaning Women are finnish, so that´s probably why you haven´t heard of them. Imelda may is a great rocká´billy singer from Ireland and Ebo Taylor an 80-year-old afrobeat act from ummm... Africa. The best afrobeat act I´ve ever seen.

Mirel Wagner (without the lyrics it´s not the same, really great gloomy, poetic stuff) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMEg7Hr_5nU

Imelda May :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om9p0NUNlSk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz147m98jdQ

Cleaning Women : (all their instruments are made from cleaning equipment, but they´re not just a gimmick band, but really great live band. Mayhem dance act!!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7l9xJTHkGk

Ebo Taylor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDZMZijh_3s

I have to add the best instumental band I´ve ever seen live Hidria Spacefolk (I always think after 10 minutes that they´re ok, nothing special, but after 20 minutes I fall into trance, every time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuclcH46rNg
Thanks. I'm really liking Ebo Taylor and Hidria Spacefolk :). But don't you think Ebo is getting too old to play a concert ?
jonathansoegaard wrote: Thanks. I'm really liking Ebo Taylor and Hidria Spacefolk :). But don't you think Ebo is getting too old to play a concert ?


Not at all. I just saw him about a year and a half ago. Not too old at all, very vibrant old gentleman, who was dancing and smiling through the whole show.

And speaking of old gentlemen who don´t seem to grow old, Leonard Cohen is still an amazing live performer.
I would dearly love to see Queen + Adam Lambert.

As a longstanding Queen fan, I didn't want to listen to them post-Freddie - but I have eaten my words. With Foo Fighters likely to play Glastonbury, it would be miraculous if they could be dragged kicking and screaming into Roskilde.
My wish list: tame impala
Chvrches
Wolf Alice
Angel haze my guess is she will have a new album next year.
Dr Dre...his new album just came out so it would be a good one . speaking of hiphop legends perhaps together with ice-t
Wallu wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote: Thanks. I'm really liking Ebo Taylor and Hidria Spacefolk :). But don't you think Ebo is getting too old to play a concert ?


Not at all. I just saw him about a year and a half ago. Not too old at all, very vibrant old gentleman, who was dancing and smiling through the whole show.

And speaking of old gentlemen who don´t seem to grow old, Leonard Cohen is still an amazing live performer.


I would love to see Leonard Cohen as well. Don't know if it would work at Orange though. Arena at midnight on the other hand! :)
jonathansoegaard wrote: Lastly: Since it will be 3 years since Volbeat last was at Roskilde I think it's fair to assume that they will be the danish headliner. I would love it if someone could prove me wrong on this one! I really dislike Volbeat, but who else?


With the plan for them to put out a new album next year, they will be the Danish band all the festivals inc. Roskilde want. I am not a big Volbeat fan, but I pick a show with them over Nephew, Mew ect. at all times. And with the show in Odense selling 35000 tickes it just shows that it will sell tickets at Roskilde if they are booked
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote: Lastly: Since it will be 3 years since Volbeat last was at Roskilde I think it's fair to assume that they will be the danish headliner. I would love it if someone could prove me wrong on this one! I really dislike Volbeat, but who else?


With the plan for them to put out a new album next year, they will be the Danish band all the festivals inc. Roskilde want. I am not a big Volbeat fan, but I pick a show with them over Nephew, Mew ect. at all times. And with the show in Odense selling 35000 tickes it just shows that it will sell tickets at Roskilde if they are booked


Well I also dislike Nephew a lot, but as a big Mew fan I would naturally pick them over Volbeat (pretty imaginary discussion as Mew played this year).

It does seem like we have next years first headliner in place then, even though I'll have to see something else. They for sure will sell a lot of tickets and objectively I can not hate on a Volbeat booking - it makes sense. I honestly just fear that the bookers might feel, that they will have sufficiently booked their big hard rock/Metal act just with Volbeat! They need something decent as supplement like in 2013 (QOTSA, SLIPKNOT, METALLICA, Kvelertak) like GOJIRA / SOUNDGARDEN or others from 2013 or preferably some of the big wet dreams like Tool / SOAD.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 Next
282 posts Page 1 of 19

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron