Discuss previous Roskilde festival experiences.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Thanks to everyone offering help. :-) There's no rush - plenty of stuff to dig through still. At the moment, around 900 concerts include band members guests etc. - and a lot of those, even, are still missing the sources I later decided to add directly into the database - because I lost track of them myself. ;) Just added male/female/group to every artist a week ago.

Should you happen to dig the booklet PDF's up, Cold, that would be great - only have the few that were put on issuu (and were made downloadable, which random publications that RF put up there aren't - guessing someone just forgot to turn that flag on). Downloading them image file by image file is a bit... meh, and also makes smaller print unreadable. I think the ones that were downloadable were 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014. Only 2008 also has the "final" schedule uploaded (which would be nice as proper reference too, because the history pages on rf.dk are turning completely bunkers, not just for the old days - as far as I recall, one or two days in 2013 or 14 are really off too).

And if anyone has any older stuff that can be scanned (or even just quick-photo'ed), that would be awesome. The papers I have are also limited to what Roskilde has offered online through the years (1995 and up + the single papers issued in random years before that - but since I started in 1994, I don't actually know if anything existed in e.g. '93 - or '94 for that matter).

And I just found two - very low-res - photos of the map in the programme from 97 and 99 (which confirmed the stage placements above :) )
think i have the booklets from 2001 ->
I'll try to find them. If i remember correctly some of them had map/program in the middle to rip gently out, so not sure.
where are You collecting it all. To a webpage?
(hed) wrote: think i have the booklets from 2001 ->
I'll try to find them. If i remember correctly some of them had map/program in the middle to rip gently out, so not sure.
where are You collecting it all. To a webpage?

No rush at the moment - the project is on hold (as it tends to be for a year or two every now and then, after which I return to it). There's a bit more stuff about it here...

topic5668.html

A bit of statistics ripped out of it for a discussion here back in 2010 (that goes to show how long-term a project this is)...

And another one - acts who have appeared 2 or more years in a row:

post54559.html#p54559

And a few dumps of how it looked in 2015 in all its undesigned glory:

So yeah, might eventually be a website. There's also weather data waiting to be imported into it all the way back to the late 70s. :-P
18 posts Page 2 of 2