Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
112 posts Page 6 of 8
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
The Chemical Brothers, Jamie xx, Duran Duran and Damien Rice will play Northside.

Chemical Brothers would have been cool at Roskilde I think. We had Jamie last year, and Duran Duran... not so much.

Anyways: Northsides line-up is very strong this year...

Could we please swap these artists:

RHCP, MØ and Tame Impala to Northside. And Sigur Ros, Iggy Pop and Chemical Brothers to Roskilde.
jonasporsborg wrote: The Chemical Brothers, Jamie xx, Duran Duran and Damien Rice will play Northside.

Chemical Brothers would have been cool at Roskilde I think. We had Jamie last year, and Duran Duran... not so much.

Anyways: Northsides line-up is very strong this year...

Could we please swap these artists:

RHCP, MØ and Tame Impala to Northside. And Sigur Ros, Iggy Pop and Chemical Brothers to Roskilde.


We just had Sigur Ros (Which pains me to say, because I enjoy their concerts!). Tame Impala and MØ exclusive are very good bookings whether you like them or not :).
Nothing for me in this booking, but Northside had a strong Line-up already. Hope the next announcements brings something unexpected!
Copenhell just gave us

Scorpions
Amon Amarth
Grusom
ABBATH -Official-
KADAVAR
Entombed A.D.
Dark Funeral
Mark Tremonti
Tribulation (Official)
Redwood Hill
With The Dead
I'LL BE DAMNED
HAVOK
Red Warszawa
And Tinderbox gave us:

Band of Horses, Alan Walker, Flogging Molly, Turboweekend, Deniz Koyu and ZEDS DEAD
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: And Tinderbox gave us:

Band of Horses, Alan Walker, Flogging Molly, Turboweekend, Deniz Koyu and ZEDS DEAD


That sucks, would love to see Flogging Molly! :bang:
Sjabba212 wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: And Tinderbox gave us:

Band of Horses, Alan Walker, Flogging Molly, Turboweekend, Deniz Koyu and ZEDS DEAD


That sucks, would love to see Flogging Molly! :bang:


Well Playing NS 14, Grimfest 15, Tinderbox 16 , looks like Flogging Mollys booker like make a deal with the same guys :)
Tinderbox' lineup looks more and more naff. There literally aren't ANY of their bands I would have liked to see on Roskilde. Copenhell, however, looks to be on a roll. I think they will sell out this year.
Coldblooded wrote: Tinderbox' lineup looks more and more naff. There aren't any of their bands I would have liked to see on Roskilde. Copenhell, however, looks to be on a roll. I think they will sell out this year.


Copenhell have never sold out and there is room for a shitload of ppl at the area if they want to push it. So selling out I think is hard to say about them, becoures we dont realy know how many tickets they need to sell to do that
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: Tinderbox' lineup looks more and more naff. There aren't any of their bands I would have liked to see on Roskilde. Copenhell, however, looks to be on a roll. I think they will sell out this year.


Copenhell have never sold out and there is room for a shitload of ppl at the area if they want to push it. So selling out I think is hard to say about them, becoures we dont realy know how many tickets they need to sell to do that


One thing is the area, another is the amount of room specifically in front of the stages. You can't keep piling more and more people into the same space and still keep the back most audience's concert experiences acceptable. With three stages, one would think that they wouldn't be able to squeeze more than 25.000 visitors in at the max – the same as Northside.

How many were there the past few years? Could only find an amount from 2013 that said 11.000 people, but I'm guessing it has risen exponentially along with the lineup too, right?
I would have loved Band Of Horses at Roskilde! Mostly because their upcoming album is produced by Jason Lytle, but their first two albums are great as well.
Coldblooded wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: Tinderbox' lineup looks more and more naff. There aren't any of their bands I would have liked to see on Roskilde. Copenhell, however, looks to be on a roll. I think they will sell out this year.


Copenhell have never sold out and there is room for a shitload of ppl at the area if they want to push it. So selling out I think is hard to say about them, becoures we dont realy know how many tickets they need to sell to do that


One thing is the area, another is the amount of room specifically in front of the stages. You can't keep piling more and more people into the same space and still keep the back most audience's concert experiences acceptable. With three stages, one would think that they wouldn't be able to squeeze more than 25.000 visitors in at the max – the same as Northside.

How many were there the past few years? Could only find an amount from 2013 that said 11.000 people, but I'm guessing it has risen exponentially along with the lineup too, right?


I dont have the numbers but no, it is not my impression. 2014 got a boost from Iron Maiden, lost it in again in 2014. But guess with Sabbath and so on will go up again
Flume,Digitalism, Den Sorte Skole,AV AV AV and Jake Bugg will play Northside
Puscifer apparently accidentally revealed that they're playing Northside too :shock:

It has since been removed from their touring schedule, but NS are releasing their final batch of names Tuesday. We'll see.

If they're playing NS it's both a great booking that proves NS taking the harder rock segment of their audience more seriously (alongside Deftones, Iggy Pop and Velvet Volume in their lineup) – and a nail in the coffin for the hopes of Tool appearing at European festivals. A slim chance got slimmer yet.
If Puscifer are to play NS, I'll consider going even more. Roskilde really needs something up my alley to pull me in this year though. Too bad after 21 years of going...
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
112 posts Page 6 of 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests