A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Close your eyes. You’re now the CEO of Roskilde Festival. You can change anything you’d like. Anything. It’s nice to dream big, right?

We want to hear your crazy ideas and urge you to apply for the FESTIVAL UTOPIA - Dare to dream. Send your application, with a video or a brief text about what your future Roskilde Festival looks like, to festivalutopia@roskilde-festival.dk. We will invite a limited number of you to take part in an event on 21 November, from 10am-3pm in Copenhagen: a unique event where you’ll be sharing your ideas with a lot of other dedicated festival-goers and some of the festival’s key organisers. Roskilde Festival is for you, and we want to create it with you. Feel free to write in either English or Danish but no later than 26 October.

As a token of our gratitude you'll get a goodiebag with customized merchandise and food + drinks over the course of the day.

Find out more on Roskilde Festivals webpage
Anyone else from the forum going to this / was invited other than me :)?
jonathansoegaard wrote: Anyone else from the forum going to this / was invited other than me :)?

How did i go? Can you tell us some about it?
I was at the Destroyer concert the night before, so I was pretty hungover, but I can tell a couple of things:

We were about 20-25 Roskilde goers, some volunteers and a couple of the full time people - Including Anders Wahren at the second part of the day, but he didn't reveal any 2016 names. BUT they've already booked the first 2017 headliner! And they are in negotiations with others as well, as they were not possible for 2016 (Speculate!).

First half of the day was completely idea-generation. We were placed at different tables (moving around) and through different topics or buzzwords as starting points we discussed (some very futuristic like "drones delivering food ordered like Just eat").
Very very many ideas were created and written down, but I only know of ideas where I was situated. Some of the ideas that seemed to be received positive by many:

Wristbands with lights (both as an effect at concerts and perhaps as a better way to give warnings for corwdsurfing and other offenses etc.)

Caravans at the camping site gathering people for concerts (in order to get people who might not have a "friend" to go with to attend concerts nonetheless)

A camping area called "Loud and Dirty", for those who want to leave their shit and have huge ass stereos. Hopefully to cultivate a culture where everyone else left grass instead of trash.

A third stage in the warm up days with international names.

Anders Wahren then made a short presentation about his work ending with question and answers. The most interesting from this part was how higly the freedom at the campsite is valued. We can hate the trash, soundsystems (and the music it plays) and more, but they won't gladly regulate anything.
A second interesting point came from where they saw the festival going in the future. Musically they still want to present tomorrows stars and established legends in almost all genres, but they wanted a much stronger bond between the campsite and music-site and get a better integration between the two.

Second part of the day we were placed in groups and asked to build our best ideas into a little model (like we were in kindergarden, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it), and then present it. I ran out of steam and don't remember much of significance.

It was fun to meet other passionated Roskilde goers, and next time I will try to be more on form :)
Interesting, thanks Jonathan.
jonathansoegaard wrote: Wristbands with lights (both as an effect at concerts and perhaps as a better way to give warnings for corwdsurfing and other offenses etc.)

Caravans at the camping site gathering people for concerts (in order to get people who might not have a "friend" to go with to attend concerts nonetheless)

A camping area called "Loud and Dirty", for those who want to leave their shit and have huge ass stereos. Hopefully to cultivate a culture where everyone else left grass instead of trash.

A third stage in the warm up days with international names.

Thx for the info, let talk a bit about it here.

The Wristbands sound fun, but not that importen.. and Roskilde just have to stop giving warnings for crowsurfing, that will be more easy :p

I dont get the Caravans part. tell me why it is awesome?

Hmm I see you ideaer behind the "Loud and Dirty" area, but wont it be a wrong signal to tell ppl that is okay to go mental?

More music at the warm-up? First of there is 3 stage, I dont need one more, the music and the camps are fighting as it is, dont need more.

Sry to sound negativ, but I pls help me change me mind and tell me why it is awesome
Several things (and now I'm making a shitlong post again :lol: )

These were just some of many ideas, and I don't personally like / dislike the mentioned ideas in particular. I just remember them catching a slight buzz:

I agree they should ease on the crowdsurfing warnings!

About the caravan thing: It is apparently a large issue that many people don't attend concerts if they don't have someone to go with (even if its a "must see", and especially if its a "might see"). One idea was that all concerts had this "party gathering" at e.g. the G-tower where people could meet up and go to see "Foals" together and have a blast. Audience would know that for instance 1 hour before a concert there would assemble a group of fans heading for a concert (of some size). Another idea of solving this problem was through an app (or the Roskilde app), and this was already slightly in the works, so just 2-3 fans could meet up after finding each other on the app.

We discussed the "Loud and Dirty" thing alot. Yes it would be "wrong", but right now most of the camping ground is "loud and dirty". Why not label the camping areas into 3 sections: "loud and dirty", "clean out loud" and "silent and clean". I think its a good idea, BUT I'm pretty sure Roskilde will go for expanding the clean out loud concept gradually.

About the international warm up stage, this was one of my ideas, so here goes:

I don't really count the street scene because its so shit :D. Honestly the quality level of music is very bad in the warm up, whereas the four festival days are action packed. As you say we don't need 3 stages with danish and a little scandinavian music. Too much and too bad, which is also why the camping life is winning over almost all concerts. Right now the warm up is skewed too much towards "Sunny Beach" and too little towards being at a leading music festival. I would like that to be more balanced. Don't get me wrong: I love the warm up. I party like a maniac and see some concerts, but I think it would be great for the festival to be more than just people who either are (or imagine they still are) teenagers in the first four days.

Lastly: I really get your critique! You should have been at the meeting. I felt I was one of the people being realistic and critical :lol:

EDIT: Seriously. We have so few bands catching international hype (to just a slight degree), and still we get 3 stages in the warm up. Cut half - Bring something from abroad.
The caravan thing surprises me, even the first time I went, I just went to show If I want to see the band. And I where not that music geek back when that I am now. So might be a good idea to try out. Might be a idea to try it out just with show on one stage like Avalon.

Expanding the clean out loud concept, Dream city and other cool stuff sound to me like a mucher bether way to go.

I don’t think it is a problem that camping life is winning. If we kill that, or just tone it down, Roskilde will lose a lot of what makes Roskilde freaking fucking awesome. And Roskilde offers a lot on non-music stuff duing the warm-up , if that have to fight with more music it will just lose. And again will Roskilde lose some of what makes Roskilde, Roskilde. It is more then music.

I can see a point is losing more up and bring more non-danish band to the Rising and Apollo Countdown stage. I think it is fine that most band there are Danish, but it is not a law that Roskilde can´t book a German band.

I don’t agree with you about the skatestage. Yeah a lot of the music the last years have not being my liking, but Den Sorte Skole, Pony blood, Rap slam battle, Lucy love, reptile youth ect have also play there.

And that Kesi, Kid, Emil Stabil ect. Play that (I guess that are the names you don’t like) I think that is great. I won’t be there, but a lot of the young ppl of Roskilde, are very happy about it. And with Roskilde telling them play short show down there, they make a lot of ppl happy and keep them of the big stages.

So no don’t make my warm-up harder then it is. Will I go to concert X or my friends awesome party the planed all year? I will hate missing out on more bands then we do now, and that is what it will happen.
jonathansoegaard wrote: ...Including Anders Wahren at the second part of the day, but he didn't reveal any 2016 names. BUT they've already booked the first 2017 headliner! And they are in negotiations with others as well, as they were not possible for 2016 (Speculate!).

U2 :o :o :o
B. wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote: ...Including Anders Wahren at the second part of the day, but he didn't reveal any 2016 names. BUT they've already booked the first 2017 headliner! And they are in negotiations with others as well, as they were not possible for 2016 (Speculate!).

U2 :o :o :o

Hope that never will happen. Hate Bono so much
Never understood what all the hype was about myself, . it is the atmospere that drags me kicking and screaming back to RF every year no matter who is playing or headlining,
Mr Tuborg wrote: Never understood what all the hype was about myself, . it is the atmospere that drags me kicking and screaming back to RF every year no matter who is playing or headlining,

I´m in it for the music. The party is a bonus, major one that is. Would not be sure to buy my ticket yet and wait for some more announcements, but the speclal tickets needed for camping in J probably makes me purchase one already. Well, mäybe I can sell the ticket if the line-up proves to be as bad as it seems now. Still have some faith left.
8-) Dont get me wrong , . I wont listen to what I class as commercial musical sh**. at any festival . (p o n t n ) ,If there is good sounds to be listened to all the better but I will buy my ticket as soon as I get a decent flight price , Always look forward to the scandinavian music of the warm up days and beyond , sometimes it takes years for the good sh**. to filter down this neck of the woods( internet or not) :lol:
Mr Tuborg wrote: 8-) Dont get me wrong , . I wont listen to what I class as commercial musical sh**. at any festival . (p o n t n ) ,If there is good sounds to be listened to all the better but I will buy my ticket as soon as I get a decent flight price , Always look forward to the scandinavian music of the warm up days and beyond , sometimes it takes years for the good sh**. to filter down this neck of the woods( internet or not) :lol:

Agree. Roskilde is the best place in the world to discover new music, year after year. Hope this time around doesn´t make an exception.
I want swim city back on track like previous years with sauna and hammocks. And a dj at night at the cocktailbar. Further i agree with my friend Wallu
15 posts Page 1 of 1