Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
64 posts Page 2 of 5
Luckily I did not see the 2007-gig, so I am really looking forward till this concert. Seen them 3 times before, and every time was really cool. So untill they prove me wrong, I am looking forward to seeing them live. Absolutely a big name (though I would take Maiden or Sabbath anyday instead of them).
Last two shows at Roskilde were horrible. I'm skipping this one. Really a waste of money IMO.
that a bad start in my book
07 concert was the worst thing I have ever seen
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Bunse wrote: Red hot chili peppers is one of our generations most respected live bands.
Just because they did a bad gig eight year ago doesn't mean This Will
be one as well. For me personally it's an amazing booking.


I fully agree!


No they are not. They are know for have some show that are awesome and some that are bad. Very much up and down. But the one at Roskilde 07 is the worst show in historie


Please do get over it!



I was there in 2007 and 2002. In my opinion the concert in 2002 was only slightly better.
So I don't have to forgive sombody for a bad concert.
But I don't understand the need to come up with American rock bands to fill Orange.

It doesn't fit to talk about the genuine visitors always on one side and then book this meant to be safe choices on the other side.
Luckyly the first few anounced bands are way out more interesting.
On another forum it is speculated that this booking could be part of a package deal. They have to book RHCP to be able to book more interesting smaller bands from the same booking company.
A.f.a.i.k. it is usually the other way around, if you want to book a (sub)-headliner you also have to book some crappy smaller bands from the same company.
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Bunse wrote: Red hot chili peppers is one of our generations most respected live bands.
Just because they did a bad gig eight year ago doesn't mean This Will
be one as well. For me personally it's an amazing booking.


I fully agree!


No they are not. They are know for have some show that are awesome and some that are bad. Very much up and down. But the one at Roskilde 07 is the worst show in historie


Please do get over it!


Why? I major name play a shit show. Giv me one good reason why I should say, it where okay, that I want to see them again? There are so many great bands out there. No reason to spend the money on bring them back when there are so many other bands out there
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Bunse wrote: Red hot chili peppers is one of our generations most respected live bands.
Just because they did a bad gig eight year ago doesn't mean This Will
be one as well. For me personally it's an amazing booking.


I fully agree!


No they are not. They are know for have some show that are awesome and some that are bad. Very much up and down. But the one at Roskilde 07 is the worst show in historie


Please do get over it!


Why? I major name play a shit show. Giv me one good reason why I should say, it where okay, that I want to see them again? There are so many great bands out there. No reason to spend the money on bring them back when there are so many other bands out there


Somebody give this guy a shot of the good ol' Orange Feeling ;-). Did you read this article (in danish) http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/100774. Give them a chance to make it up - for christ sakes everybody knows that Kiedis was sick with the flu - you know that! Besides many bands are returning to Roskilde, so your argument is quite silly. Forgive and forget :-)
Davy Grohlton wrote: Somebody give this guy a shot of the good ol' Orange Feeling ;-). Did you read this article (in danish) http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/100774. Give them a chance to make it up - for christ sakes everybody knows that Kiedis was sick with the flu - you know that! Besides many bands are returning to Roskilde, so your argument is quite silly. Forgive and forget :-)


None band have played a show that got 0 and 1 star from all the reviewer. No other headliner have play so shity a show and been booked again. It is not like a small band on pavilion. It where the headliner getting the best slot of all and they just fucked the crowed. If he where that fucking sick, call in sick giv Roskilde a chance to get another band or at least Roskilde can save the money and give to charity. And bring the band back and paying them a shit load of money again is just disrespect for all the ppl in 07. I am not the one who need shot of Orange Feeling, it is the bookers. Bring RHCP back is not Orange Feeling
"Hvordan vil du berolige eventuelle nervøse fans?

- Statistikken siger, at vores gæster er der i fire år, så der er rigtig mange, der er blevet skiftet ud. Det ville jo være unfair overfor en hel masse mennesker, at de ikke skal have lov til at opleve Chili Peppers på Roskilde, blot fordi, der er nogen, der havde en dårlig oplevelse for ni år siden. "

Sry it is in Danish but the headbooker just more or less told us that ppl that have been there more then four years dont mather ( http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt ... st/5800104 )
I saw them at Globen in 2011, where they did a good job. Really. But I have no need to see the Peppers again. Been there, done that. That's it. Their last album was pretty average, and I'd hoped to see another name within the genre of "alternative/rock headliners". I sure don't hope they blew that category on this band (how about Radiohead or the Foos?). But still, if I do attend the festival, I'll see them. But I don't get this booking.

At the moment, Roskilde, you're losing to every other festival around. Big time. Except for Northside, ofc. But then again, they don't really matter.
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: "Hvordan vil du berolige eventuelle nervøse fans?

- Statistikken siger, at vores gæster er der i fire år, så der er rigtig mange, der er blevet skiftet ud. Det ville jo være unfair overfor en hel masse mennesker, at de ikke skal have lov til at opleve Chili Peppers på Roskilde, blot fordi, der er nogen, der havde en dårlig oplevelse for ni år siden. "

Sry it is in Danish but the headbooker just more or less told us that ppl that have been there more then four years dont mather ( http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt ... st/5800104 )


That is quite an interpretation :-D
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: "Hvordan vil du berolige eventuelle nervøse fans?

- Statistikken siger, at vores gæster er der i fire år, så der er rigtig mange, der er blevet skiftet ud. Det ville jo være unfair overfor en hel masse mennesker, at de ikke skal have lov til at opleve Chili Peppers på Roskilde, blot fordi, der er nogen, der havde en dårlig oplevelse for ni år siden. "

Sry it is in Danish but the headbooker just more or less told us that ppl that have been there more then four years dont mather ( http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt ... st/5800104 )


That is quite an interpretation :-D


Tell me another way to read it?
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote: Somebody give this guy a shot of the good ol' Orange Feeling ;-). Did you read this article (in danish) http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/100774. Give them a chance to make it up - for christ sakes everybody knows that Kiedis was sick with the flu - you know that! Besides many bands are returning to Roskilde, so your argument is quite silly. Forgive and forget :-)


None band have played a show that got 0 and 1 star from all the reviewer. No other headliner have play so shity a show and been booked again. It is not like a small band on pavilion. It where the headliner getting the best slot of all and they just fucked the crowed. If he where that fucking sick, call in sick giv Roskilde a chance to get another band or at least Roskilde can save the money and give to charity. And bring the band back and paying them a shit load of money again is just disrespect for all the ppl in 07. I am not the one who need shot of Orange Feeling, it is the bookers. Bring RHCP back is not Orange Feeling


I disagree but then again we'll never agree on this subject so let's call it a day :-)

Peace out
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: "Hvordan vil du berolige eventuelle nervøse fans?

- Statistikken siger, at vores gæster er der i fire år, så der er rigtig mange, der er blevet skiftet ud. Det ville jo være unfair overfor en hel masse mennesker, at de ikke skal have lov til at opleve Chili Peppers på Roskilde, blot fordi, der er nogen, der havde en dårlig oplevelse for ni år siden. "

Sry it is in Danish but the headbooker just more or less told us that ppl that have been there more then four years dont mather ( http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt ... st/5800104 )


That is quite an interpretation :-D


Tell me another way to read it?


Like it reads: that the new festival goers also should have a chance to see the Chili Peppers. If the Festival start to listen to a minority of grumpy "old" men they would really loose all respect and integrity.
Davy Grohlton wrote: Like it reads: that the new festival goers also should have a chance to see the Chili Peppers. If the Festival start to listen to a minority of grumpy "old" men they would really loose all respect and integrity.


Like I said, they dont care about loyal festival goers. Just going for the quick fix.

If I want to interpretation on it. I know there is a lot more in it and Anders is just very bad with press and ppl. But that dont chance what he is saying
64 posts Page 2 of 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron