Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
64 posts Page 3 of 5
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote: Like it reads: that the new festival goers also should have a chance to see the Chili Peppers. If the Festival start to listen to a minority of grumpy "old" men they would really loose all respect and integrity.

Like I said, they dont care about loyal festival goers. Just going for the quick fix.

If I want to interpretation on it. I know there is a lot more in it and Anders is just very bad with press and ppl. But that dont chance what he is saying

Let's agree to disagree :-)
Luckily I saw Tiësto that night so I didn´t have to endure what your guys had to experience on a dark grusom night at Dyreskuepladsen. :D

But come on guys, its the same story every year, a handful of names has been announced and people are already declaring the other festivals as better/bigger names etc or its the worst lineup eveeeeeer.

Its very simple, there are around 140 acts on the 4 main music days, so its impossible see it all anyways. this booking has just made your day by day schedule easier to make :-)
Of course there's a lot of bands at Roskilde. I don't think anyone is denying this fact. Doesn't mean we shouldn't vent our frustrations when the bookers make bad decisions - like this one. I mean, a band that's played 2/3 bad shows at Roskilde, one of those notoriously infamous, and hasn't released anything interesting the last two decades. Not only that - they're a headliner and certainly not cheap.
They are not even a (semi-)exclusive booking :(
So far they have been announced for:
-Rock am Ring / Rock im Park (Germany)
-Pinkpop (Netherlands)
-Novarock (Austria)
-Open'er Festival (Poland)
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: and hasn't released anything interesting the last two decades.

That is a matter of opinion! I would say that "Californication" (still within the last two decades) is a genuine classic and "Stadium Arcadium" is IMO a masterpiece though not that well received. "I'm with You" is generally acclaimed as a solid comeback but Hey, it's all just a matter of taste, which is hard to discuss.
B. wrote: They are not even a (semi-)exclusive booking :(
So far they have been announced for:
-Rock am Ring / Rock im Park (Germany)
-Pinkpop (Netherlands)
-Novarock (Austria)
-Open'er Festival (Poland)

Could be a Nordic-exclusive. Although I can't see how Bråvalla, Way Out West or Öya could miss them out.
I don't even think they are that expensive, I'm thinking Florence/Kendrick Lamar kind of (in)expensive.

I'll admit that I have their best of album and Stadium Arcadium on cd's but I'm still only gonna watch them if nothing else is on.

If they play a 19:30 slot at orange then I think that no harme is done and I don't see them playing the 22:00/22:30 spot or the 01:00 spot.
Its probably also worth noticing that they came in at number 13 on the most wished acts for next year, that must count for something
bongo-anders wrote: I don't even think they are that expensive, I'm thinking Florence/Kendrick Lamar kind of (in)expensive.

Although I have noting to back this up I think they are very expensive. Somewhere between Foo Fighers (€/$1M) and Rolling Stones (€/$2~3M).
I don´t hope you are right, I just thought of them as a decent Orange stage filler and nothing else but that price indicate that they will get one of the 4 main headliner spots.
With 12000 like on the announcement on RF's FB-page and 28mio facebook-likes, I think it's safe to say that they are considered a popular headliner, and I would be surprised to see them play at a 1930, spot. And as Anders said they are quite high on the RF-wishlist this year.

Personnaly I like this booking and want to see them. I didn't see their 2007 concert, but even if it stank, I think it's time to give them another chance (I also remembered them getting good reviews for their last concert in Denmark).
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: and hasn't released anything interesting the last two decades.

That is a matter of opinion! I would say that "Californication" (still within the last two decades) is a genuine classic and "Stadium Arcadium" is IMO a masterpiece though not that well received. "I'm with You" is generally acclaimed as a solid comeback but Hey, it's all just a matter of taste, which is hard to discuss.

Dude, you need to get Blood Sugar Sex Magik. (and One Hot Minute as well)
Davy Grohlton wrote:

Everything is a matter of opinion, sorry if it sounded like I was stating facts. Heck, some people actually liked their 2007 show at Orange. IMO however the majority of bands have a hard time handling a breakthrough. RHCP had some good albums before Blood Sugar Sex Magic, but it sure went downhill after their breakthrough. One Hot Minute was an okay album, the rest are somewhere in between bad and horrible. And honestly, Snow has gotta be one of the most annoying hits of recent years.
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:

Everything is a matter of opinion, sorry if it sounded like I was stating facts. Heck, some people actually liked their 2007 show at Orange. IMO however the majority of bands have a hard time handling a breakthrough. RHCP had some good albums before Blood Sugar Sex Magic, but it sure went downhill after their breakthrough. One Hot Minute was an okay album, the rest are somewhere in between bad and horrible. And honestly, Snow has gotta be one of the most annoying hits of recent years.

I haven´t listened to their new albums after Californication (which would´ve been ok pop album from some another band), but the new singles I´ve heard are quite crap. One Hot Minute is my favourite nowadays since I listened to BSSM so much when I was growing up, and now need something else. BSSM is still a great album though. The early stuff is great too, uneven but really great.
Wish I would´ve cought them after Mothers Milk or smthing like that when they were still crazy and full of drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCoWylbgGlw
There was this crappy skateboard film called Trashing, which was a huge hit amongst my friends when we were 12 or 13 or smthing. We watched the film for tens of times. Eventually, I ended up always rewinding this and another scene where the band played. Never had I heard such music before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP6nBpak5-I
64 posts Page 3 of 5