Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 08:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2015, 12:29 

Years at Roskilde: 84, 85, 86, 88, 92, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:
and hasn't released anything interesting the last two decades.

That is a matter of opinion! I would say that "Californication" (still within the last two decades) is a genuine classic and "Stadium Arcadium" is IMO a masterpiece though not that well received. "I'm with You" is generally acclaimed as a solid comeback but Hey, it's all just a matter of taste, which is hard to discuss.

Everything is a matter of opinion, sorry if it sounded like I was stating facts. Heck, some people actually liked their 2007 show at Orange. IMO however the majority of bands have a hard time handling a breakthrough. RHCP had some good albums before Blood Sugar Sex Magic, but it sure went downhill after their breakthrough. One Hot Minute was an okay album, the rest are somewhere in between bad and horrible. And honestly, Snow has gotta be one of the most annoying hits of recent years.

No worries :-) even though you still sound like stating facts about the quality of albums relased after One Hot Minute ;-). But you're right about handling breakthrough's. RHCP had a very hard time coping with the success of Blood Sugar... and the band nearly got destroyed after that, resulting in the departure of John Frusciante. Funny thing is that among RHCP fans the album One Hot Minute is considered a mistake. John later - as you know - returned in 1999.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2015, 12:42 

Years at Roskilde: Since 2003
Camp: We don't give a / that fsck
Wallu wrote:
There was this crappy skateboard film called Trashing, which was a huge hit amongst my friends when we were 12 or 13 or smthing. We watched the film for tens of times. Eventually, I ended up always rewinding this and another scene where the band played. Never had I heard such music before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP6nBpak5-I

That's pure Parliament / Funkadelic / George Clinton :o

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2015, 14:59 

Years at Roskilde: 1995-
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

That is a matter of opinion! I would say that "Californication" (still within the last two decades) is a genuine classic and "Stadium Arcadium" is IMO a masterpiece though not that well received. "I'm with You" is generally acclaimed as a solid comeback but Hey, it's all just a matter of taste, which is hard to discuss.

Everything is a matter of opinion, sorry if it sounded like I was stating facts. Heck, some people actually liked their 2007 show at Orange. IMO however the majority of bands have a hard time handling a breakthrough. RHCP had some good albums before Blood Sugar Sex Magic, but it sure went downhill after their breakthrough. One Hot Minute was an okay album, the rest are somewhere in between bad and horrible. And honestly, Snow has gotta be one of the most annoying hits of recent years.

No worries :-) even though you still sound like stating facts about the quality of albums relased after One Hot Minute ;-). But you're right about handling breakthrough's. RHCP had a very hard time coping with the success of Blood Sugar... and the band nearly got destroyed after that, resulting in the departure of John Frusciante. Funny thing is that among RHCP fans the album One Hot Minute is considered a mistake. John later - as you know - returned in 1999.

Haha, can't write "IMO" in every sentence, but it is, of course, all my opinion. I know a lot of people are after One Hot Minute, I was too when it came out. It is pretty bad if you compare it to Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and a lot of people did so. It stands ok on it's own however. Especially in the light of everything they've released since... IMO!

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2015, 15:44 

Lord Beef Jerky wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Lord Beef Jerky wrote:

Haha, can't write "IMO" in every sentence, but it is, of course, all my opinion. I know a lot of people are after One Hot Minute, I was too when it came out. It is pretty bad if you compare it to Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and a lot of people did so. It stands ok on it's own however. Especially in the light of everything they've released since... IMO!

I respect your opinion :-)

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2015, 11:23 

Think the young people don't realize how much of a disgrace that show was.

People suffered through a whole day of some of the worst weather ever at Roskilde only for RHCP to piss all over them as if the pissing rain wasn't enough.

Shameful it was my young apprentices

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2015, 13:31 

Years at Roskilde: 2006-2010, 2012-????
But it was not on the same day as the heavy rainfall.

That Saturday actually had some pretty decent weather as I recall, but the entire festival site was a mud bath.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2015, 14:27 

Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
As Anders said the weather was very nice, and The Flaming Lips and The Who really got people fired up for RHCP with very good concerts. Everything was looking like it would be the first awesome day at the festival (since everything else was destroyed by the rain :) ).

EDIT: But then came RHCP to destroy everything!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2015, 10:13 

But if you stayed at the 4 hour Tiësto gig instead the day was perfect, remind that it was the time he still played trance.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2015, 21:44 

Years at Roskilde: Does it matter?
Camp: Shibby, Mesterhak, no idea.
Well, as far as I know, RHCP had really had a very tiring day that day - flew to Roskilde for interviews, flew to London to perform at some anti climate change festival (yeah, right), then flew back to RF to perform there. It it's correct as someone said, that some of them also had the flu, I can imagine why the gig didn't turn out.

If anything, it can only get better.....let's see what happens, low expectations sometimes turn into good stuff, eh? (but only sometimes).

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 18:13 

Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
I´m just watching a youtube-show from some small joint. It´s from this year and it gets my hopes up, that maybe this won´t be a catastrophy after all.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2015, 10:40 

Years at Roskilde: 9
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:
Bunse wrote:
Red hot chili peppers is one of our generations most respected live bands.
Just because they did a bad gig eight year ago doesn't mean This Will
be one as well. For me personally it's an amazing booking.

I fully agree!

No they are not. They are know for have some show that are awesome and some that are bad. Very much up and down. But the one at Roskilde 07 is the worst show in historie

Please do get over it!

Yes please get over it - in fact Red Hot Chili peppers was the nr 1 reason why I started playing the guitar many years ago. Looking så much forward to hear them again next year :)

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2016, 19:03 

Years at Roskilde: 2014
So much hate on the pepppers :( I'm personally psyched for it. I've seen them in 2013 and 2012 and they put on amazing shows in my opinion.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016, 09:37 

The guys seems on top. :D

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2016, 14:28 

bongo-anders wrote:
The guys seems on top. :D

:D

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2016, 20:31 

Years at Roskilde: 2011- ?
Camp: J CAMP
No rock and Roll Divas , Just having fun , Looking forward to seeing them again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next