Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
64 posts Page 1 of 5
Booking Red Hot Chili Peppers just made me lose most of my respect for the booking grp
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Booking Red Hot Chili Peppers just made me lose most of my respect for the booking grp

I am chocked! What is happening. I sincerely hope that they are playing for free, but I highly doubt it :/
I hate their music, and as far as i know their last concert at Roskilde was... not a concert.

What a booking. Fuck heads.
jonasporsborg wrote: I hate their music, and as far as i know their last concert at Roskilde was... not a concert.

What a booking. Fuck heads.

I was a big fan up until 2007, but it changed everything.

Really of to a bad start with the bookings in my oppinion.
Red hot chili peppers is one of our generations most respected live bands.
Just because they did a bad gig eight year ago doesn't mean This Will
be one as well. For me personally it's an amazing booking.
They have to get some big names and apparently we´ve had most of them in the last couple of years. I was a huge fan once, haven´t seen them in 20 years or so and what I´ve seen from live videos they suck balls nowadays. But, as I said they have to get some big names, maybe there´s something good going on in Pavillion at the same time.
My first reaction was one of major disappointed but:
Bunse wrote: Red hot chili peppers is one of our generations most respected live bands.

Fair enough I guess, let them make up for that abominable performance the last time at Roskilde and prove their reputation once again. Although, they have not released anything recently have they?

I wonder if they are a (semi-)exclusive booking or will play all the major festivals this summer.
Didn't see their show in 2007, but saw them in Stockholm in 2011 and they were great there. I understand that this will not go over well with everybody, but I'm really looking forward to this, as I'm sure a lot of other people (post-2007) will!
B. wrote: My first reaction was one of major disappointed but:
Bunse wrote: Red hot chili peppers is one of our generations most respected live bands.

Fair enough I guess, let them make up for that abominable performance the last time at Roskilde and prove their reputation once again. Although, they have not released anything recently have they?

I wonder if they are a (semi-)exclusive booking or will play all the major festivals this summer.

They released "I'm with you" back in 2011, and they've been in the studio for a while now. No release date yet though!
Infamous gig in 2007, but i saw them in 2011 With The new guitar player and they where OK (my only problem is that people love more "by The way" than "give it away". But that's my (almost 39 years old) problem.
Wallu wrote: They have to get some big names and apparently we´ve had most of them in the last couple of years. I was a huge fan once, haven´t seen them in 20 years or so and what I´ve seen from live videos they suck balls nowadays. But, as I said they have to get some big names, maybe there´s something good going on in Pavillion at the same time.

That is what annoys me the most. Unless there's something really really good playing I'll be at the concert: I was a fan once, and I would go there hoping they could restore my taste for their music.

I fully agree!
Davy Grohlton wrote:

I fully agree!

No they are not. They are know for have some show that are awesome and some that are bad. Very much up and down. But the one at Roskilde 07 is the worst show in historie
Jackster1976 wrote: Infamous gig in 2007, but i saw them in 2011 With The new guitar player and they where OK (my only problem is that people love more "by The way" than "give it away". But that's my (almost 39 years old) problem.

I think it´s everybody´s problem that they stopped being one of the best bands in the world after "One Hot Minute".
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote:

I fully agree!

No they are not. They are know for have some show that are awesome and some that are bad. Very much up and down. But the one at Roskilde 07 is the worst show in historie

Please do get over it!
64 posts Page 1 of 5