Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 27 Mar 2017, 07:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 20:41 

Years at Roskilde: 2004-
If khalifa and foals are "serious headliners" then i Don't understand roskilde bookers. I can agree they are big names but they can only headline in their home when they have dinner.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 22:13 

Years at Roskilde: 2009-
I really can't comprehend how we already have 4 headliners, with two of those called Foals and Wiz Khalifa...
I get that Wiz Khalifa is extremely popular, he's just so far away from other rap-headliners qualitywise. I mean, if I was taking a photo of previous rap-headliners like Kanye West, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa was standing in the middle, I would ask the guards to pull him away.... He's just nowhere near.. Maybe that's just my opinion..
But FOALS doesn't make any sense. At all. The biggest venue they have played in Denmark is Store Vega. They don't even headline the big ones in the UK.. Kasabian and Biffy Clyro are, but you don't see them headlining festivals in Denmark. And remember that big hit they have? No? Me neither..

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 22:33 

Years at Roskilde: '08-'15
I Like Turtles wrote:
I really can't comprehend how we already have 4 headliners, with two of those called Foals and Wiz Khalifa...
I get that Wiz Khalifa is extremely popular, he's just so far away from other rap-headliners qualitywise. I mean, if I was taking a photo of previous rap-headliners like Kanye West, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa was standing in the middle, I would ask the guards to pull him away.... He's just nowhere near.. Maybe that's just my opinion..
But FOALS doesn't make any sense. At all. The biggest venue they have played in Denmark is Store Vega. They don't even headline the big ones in the UK.. Kasabian and Biffy Clyro are, but you don't see them headlining festivals in Denmark. And remember that big hit they have? No? Me neither..

I don't think Foals actually sold out Store Vega. It was at a fairly steep price though.
Anyway, they did well at Arena after releasing 'Total Life Forever' but I'm not sure the two records after that have actually gotten them closer to playing Orange, if that makes sense.
I'll definitely catch them though. Oh, and 'My Number' was a fairly big hit, wasn't it?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 23:02 

Years at Roskilde: 1995-
Roskilde has started out horrible this time around. Not one must see for me so far - actually only a couple of bands I might consider watching - and my taste is even diverse as hell!

Not only that - but that must be the worst headliners in Roskilde's history. I like Foals and all, but headliner? I just can't see it. New Order are legends, but I'd still place them as subs. Wiz Khalifa is somewhat acceptable as a headliner, but Red Hot Chili Peppers are the only "strong" headliners so far - and with the 2007 tragedy in mind, they really shouldn't have been booked either. I'm still trying to think as positive as I can here, but Roskilde has never started out this bad before the last 20 years at least. I'm hoping it's all good stuff from now on.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2015, 23:37 

Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
I refuse to believe we have 4 headliners completely confirmed already. I just think that Roskilde bookers are keeping their options open in terms of the final poster. It might be that they have negotiations with a seriously expensive superheadliner, that would require acts like Foals / New Order / Wiz Khalifa to be headliners.

@Lord Beef Jerky: My start is also pretty horrible, but let's stay positive. Roskilde rarely fails :)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 08:53 

jonathansoegaard wrote:
I refuse to believe we have 4 headliners completely confirmed already. I just think that Roskilde bookers are keeping their options open in terms of the final poster. It might be that they have negotiations with a seriously expensive superheadliner, that would require acts like Foals / New Order / Wiz Khalifa to be headliners.

@Lord Beef Jerky: My start is also pretty horrible, but let's stay positive. Roskilde rarely fails :)

I don't recall a time when Roskilde themselves first labeled an artist a headliner and after that degraded them to sub-headliner however, but I do hope you're right.

And Roskilde hasn't failed so far, so I'm still hoping for the best :D

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 08:56 

Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
Yep, me too. The first 11 acts were showing that we were going to have another great year in Roskilde, but these 18 new acts just don´t tickle any of my happy spots. Maybe one or two acts, but out of 18 that´s the worst day of announcements in my RF history. I usually skip most of the big names and I understand it´s hard to find headliners these days, but Foals and Wiz Khalifa... Well hoping for some major act and a whole bunch of smaller ones to turn this still around. We´ve only gotten <30 acts so far.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 09:36 

You don't think they just refer those three as headliners for those 18 bands, and not the whole Lineup?

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 09:39 

Years at Roskilde: 1996-2002, 05, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Camp: Camp HighRollers
New Order is a must see for me. And I will also go to see Red Hot. So not the worst start ever, but I am still really unhappy that they missed both Sabbath and Maiden.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 09:52 

Years at Roskilde: Since 2003
Camp: We don't give a / that fsck
Bunse wrote:
You don't think they just refer those three as headliners for those 18 bands, and not the whole Lineup?

I think (and hope) this is the case, yeah. It's probably just a poor choice of wording. Is there a Danish version of that email?

Last edited by B. on 12 Nov 2015, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 10:42 

Years at Roskilde: 2006-2010, 2012-????
Do you guys think they announce the Rising/Countdown names amongst the other releases just like last year, it would explain some of the lesser known names on the poster.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2015, 12:14 

Years at Roskilde: 2009-????
New Order and BMTH are definitely names I'd watch, and I'd probably go see Sleep as well. But in no way am I impressed with the current lineup. Tbh, I think it's bad. I have zero must sees, so far. And yeah, I know there are many names yet, but never have I been this discouraged by their poster. Especially if both Wiz and Foals are headliners. I mean... damn.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 12:10 

Years at Roskilde: 2006-2016
Last year Lamb of God was also posted as a headliner in the beginning, when there was only 20-30 bands on the poster. So i dont see Foals headline, but when you look at the spotify playlist New Order is placed higher than Red Hot, so my guess is New Order, RHCP and Wiz is the first three headliners

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 15:55 

Helbob wrote:
Last year Lamb of God was also posted as a headliner in the beginning, when there was only 20-30 bands on the poster. So i dont see Foals headline, but when you look at the spotify playlist New Order is placed higher than Red Hot, so my guess is New Order, RHCP and Wiz is the first three headliners

Roskilde has never announced Lamb Of God as a headliner. They do however make temporary posters with the biggest bands announced so far on top. The exact wording on Wiz Khalifa, Foals and New Order was "headliners" however - so huuuge difference here.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2015, 15:59 

Years at Roskilde: 1996-2002, 05, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16
Camp: Camp HighRollers
Wiz and New Order are probably headliners, but I cannot see how anyone can call Foals a headliner... It will surprice me big time if they are listet on top of the poster come april/may.