Present your camp or share camp experiences.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone stayed in Get a Place? If so how was it?
Also, you can book either 50 or 100 m^2 so how many people did you fit into your area?

Cheers.
There are some threads on this with some experiences from people if you look for the older threads.
There will also be a new 'Get a Camp' option this year. More information next week.
B. wrote: There are some threads on this with some experiences from people if you look for the older threads.
There will also be a new 'Get a Camp' option this year. More information next week.

I thought it was the first year with Get a Place this year? Might be wrong though.

The Get a Camp info has been up since today but it isn't as appealing as the Get a Place thing.
I think they have been offering Get a Place for two or three years already in some shape or form.
Get a place have been around since 2011 at least. Then it was a small area behind the caravan camp next to GAT. Totally empty, practically no-one there. But as I said it was five years ago.
We lived there this year and liked it because we will come late.
There was significant difference among those who came first and who came last . Among those who came first, they lived more like the usual campground and party.
Among us who arrived late it was more space and calmer .
I ended up buying 100 m^2 just in case, I really can't be bothered with all the queuing and running anymore.
I estimated that we'd be able to fit in 16-18 people and two pavilions. Scrap one pavilion and that would give you room for two people more. I assumed 9 m^2 for the pavilions and every person staying in a two person tent of almost 5 m^2. So it's obviously fairly dependent on people's sleeping arrangements.
Get a place is already sold out :o
Rockwool shelters and the festival trailer is also sold out. Looks like a lot of people want the more comfortable way of doing the festival :)
B. wrote: Get a place is already sold out :o

Sjabba212 wrote: Rockwool shelters and the festival trailer is also sold out. Looks like a lot of people want the more comfortable way of doing the festival :)

I can relate to that. The whole queuing for 10 hours, three of which you're standing up because some twats up the front are getting stressed out, running in like a madman trying to claim an area. In said area you'll attempt to pitch your tents (of which you have too many because your friends are too busy to help out) while guarding it against intruders. It really brings the worst out in me. You also run the risk of not getting a very good place at all and then you've queued 10 hours in West only to end up far down in P. Stuff that.
Does anybody have any experience with Get a Place?

We have booked get a place for the first time this year. Mainly we booked the get a place because we normally live in area P. Sort of a tradtion. But we also appreciate that we don't have to run.

But what should we expect? It did not get sold out as fast as the last couple of years.
How early do we have to arrive compared to normal camping?
And can we expect that area P will be divided into "two" areas with some sort of normal camping near center east and the other end only with a few tents the first few days?
Helbob wrote: Does anybody have any experience with Get a Place?

We have booked get a place for the first time this year. Mainly we booked the get a place because we normally live in area P. Sort of a tradtion. But we also appreciate that we don't have to run.

But what should we expect? It did not get sold out as fast as the last couple of years.
And can we expect that area P will be divided into "two" areas with some sort of normal camping near center east and the other end only with a few tents the first few days?

Have done it once before and yes good since you know you have a place without running. It is larger this year so probably why it didn't get sold out so fast. As I understand it is now the hole of camp P. After 12.00 on the wednesday it will be opened for everyone. I think the pressure on P will be less this year since the gravel pit is back in camping business ;)
Lasse Lyd wrote:

Have done it once before and yes good since you know you have a place without running. It is larger this year so probably why it didn't get sold out so fast. As I understand it is now the hole of camp P. After 12.00 on the wednesday it will be opened for everyone. I think the pressure on P will be less this year since the gravel pit is back in camping business ;)

I wonder, how this will work in real life. If you are not allowed to enter the site before wednesday, how can you party with those people as in will it be closed for every other humen being except for those who have the ticket there?

The reason I´m asking is that I have found P much more to my liking (in terms of popping by for a party) than those areas near festival site because P has had slightly older people in it.

I stayed there last year (where it was in M, I think). Sooo good not having to run for a spot.
We got there early on the Saturday evening after the waiting areas had emptied. Then we just queued for a normal wristband. But you can get there whenever you feel like.
We had two guys on site already as they were volunteers so they went over to the people "handing out" specific Get a Place areas. It's on a first come, first serve basis, you see.

I bought it again this year, but I haven't really sorted out anything in terms of camp etc. yet.
Wallu wrote: I wonder, how this will work in real life. If you are not allowed to enter the site before wednesday, how can you party with those people as in will it be closed for every other humen being except for those who have the ticket there?

The reason I´m asking is that I have found P much more to my liking (in terms of popping by for a party) than those areas near festival site because P has had slightly older people in it.

Everyone can visit but only people with the ticket can camp. In practice I think festival goers themselves have to keep check on whether anyone who's not supposed to camp there are doing it. But if you have some leftover square metres I don't see why you'd have a problem with that.
It was a fairly good mix of "mature" camps and high-school type of camps last year, I think.
Wallu wrote:
Lasse Lyd wrote:

I wonder, how this will work in real life. If you are not allowed to enter the site before wednesday, how can you party with those people as in will it be closed for every other humen being except for those who have the ticket there?

I guess its open for everyone to visit for partys, but only people with tickets can camp. I guess every Get a place crew will notice if someone has put up a tent on their spot :-)
15 posts Page 1 of 1