Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 27 Mar 2017, 07:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 16:48 
Offline

Joined: 24 Nov 2015, 15:22
Posts: 10
Years at Roskilde: '16
Camp: Camp Dickless for Michael Chik
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Lederhausen wrote:
Pj harvey and Tenacious D as headliners? Two really good bookings, but as headliners? Hopefully just temporary until they find something bigger, Foals were listed as headliner before so.


PJ headlined in 2011. I dont think she is a small name in 16 then she where in 11. And The D is a lot bigger name in Denmark then she is. They sold out TAP1 very fast


Oh, I didn't know that. Have never really given her music a chance, but I guess I'm gonna have to now. When The D played Gröna Lund the whole park was full, I couldn't even take the boat to Gröna Lund because of all the people, and I even heard of people swimming into the park to get in. I guess it could be fun to sing along to their songs after a few tuborg :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 18:19 
Offline

Joined: 27 Jan 2015, 13:39
Posts: 96
Years at Roskilde: '08-'15
I loved PJ Harvey's last record 'Let England Shake' and her show at Roskilde was great as well. Looking very much forward to her new album.
I quite like Blaue Blume too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 18:39 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 10:48
Posts: 1142
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
Lederhausen wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Lederhausen wrote:
Pj harvey and Tenacious D as headliners? Two really good bookings, but as headliners? Hopefully just temporary until they find something bigger, Foals were listed as headliner before so.


PJ headlined in 2011. I dont think she is a small name in 16 then she where in 11. And The D is a lot bigger name in Denmark then she is. They sold out TAP1 very fast


Oh, I didn't know that. Have never really given her music a chance, but I guess I'm gonna have to now. When The D played Gröna Lund the whole park was full, I couldn't even take the boat to Gröna Lund because of all the people, and I even heard of people swimming into the park to get in. I guess it could be fun to sing along to their songs after a few tuborg :D


Some good places to start getting to know PJ Harvey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzwG3r9_L9o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKLiU7Hq93w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbq4G1TjKYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fws4fEE8Yy0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsUIl7qVzYw

I´m so psyched with this announcement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2015, 20:26 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2009, 01:35
Posts: 868
Years at Roskilde: 2009-
The D is the perfect festivalband. Huge sing-a-long-factor and great songs! Will be my third concert with these guys. Doubt it will ever get better than their acoustic show in Falconer though..
With Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bring Me The Horizon and Tenacious D I'm sitting on 3 must-sees so far..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 01:46 
Offline

Joined: 31 Jan 2015, 18:41
Posts: 156
Location: Ireland
Years at Roskilde: 2011- ?
Camp: J CAMP
:bang: The D are only a step up from the the Hoff , Give us A real band , not some version of friends, Come on RF give me and other international travellers a reason to book our flights early. -.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 09:24 
Offline

Joined: 13 Feb 2015, 20:35
Posts: 24
Mr Tuborg wrote:
:bang: The D are only a step up from the the Hoff , Give us A real band , not some version of friends, Come on RF give me and other international travellers a reason to book our flights early. -.


I Agree. So far the announcements for next year's edition have been disappointing. On the other hand the other major European festivals are not that much stronger either at this point. Still Roskilde has already five headliners so probably only 2 or 3 left to go..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 19:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 10:48
Posts: 1142
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
posse wrote:
Mr Tuborg wrote:
:bang: The D are only a step up from the the Hoff , Give us A real band , not some version of friends, Come on RF give me and other international travellers a reason to book our flights early. -.


I Agree. So far the announcements for next year's edition have been disappointing. On the other hand the other major European festivals are not that much stronger either at this point. Still Roskilde has already five headliners so probably only 2 or 3 left to go..


I have 7 bands on my list so far. PJ is a must then Pat Thomas, Sleaford Mods, Andromeda Mega Orchestra (or whatever that was), RHCP, Ho99o9 and Courtney Barnett. So there´s room for lots more. The general quality of bands is not what it used to be five years ago imo, so it´s not Roskidle´s fault that we may be lacking a bit. (and the fact that we´ve been spoiled with absolutely amazing line-ups recently, at least I´ve been and now nothing is good enough). And competition is much tighter these days, we just can´t pick all the bands we want anymore, just hoping that the quality in the smaller names would stay as good as it has been, then there´s always reason to go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2015, 21:38 
Offline

Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 10:49
Posts: 291
Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
I won't comment on the quality. I'm always a little disappointed almost all the way, but end up running around seeing around 25 concerts.

So far I'm mostly into Pat Thomas, Ho99o9 and hoping for a good RHCP show (I know it's possible), and then I have New Order, PJ Harvey, Foals, Mac DeMarco, Tenacious D as possible concerts as well (Depending on the program, and how much I like it when I hear the music more).

Still I have great faith. We have such a small percentage of artists at this point, and it is very rarely the headliners that intrigue me to go to Roskilde.

(But I must admit I have no Must See acts so far. Hopefully this will change when they announce the next big batch of names).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 19:19 
Offline

Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 21:46
Posts: 123
Years at Roskilde: 2011-2016
Camp: Koncentrationscamp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkzEl0yKtdc

This seems pretty good for the new album by PJ Harvey?

Will she play Orange? If yes, it has to be in complete dark! Arena would be intense


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 10:11 
Offline

Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 10:49
Posts: 291
Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
Where should I start if I want to start loving PJ Harvey? I've only heard the top from spotify so far? Does she have like an iconic album to start on?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 11:34 
Offline

Joined: 27 Jan 2015, 13:39
Posts: 96
Years at Roskilde: '08-'15
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Where should I start if I want to start loving PJ Harvey? I've only heard the top from spotify so far? Does she have like an iconic album to start on?

I've honestly only really listened to 'Let England Shake'. It's great. I listened to it again the other day and it still very much holds up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 12:06 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 10:48
Posts: 1142
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Where should I start if I want to start loving PJ Harvey? I've only heard the top from spotify so far? Does she have like an iconic album to start on?


Youtube. I put some great videos earlier in this thread and there are lots more. It´s good to keep in mind that her albums are very different from each other and if you start with "White Chalk" for example, there´s a good change you won´t listen to her any further. I like her earlier rocking stuff the most up until To Bring You My love. But even as a huge fan, I have to admit that I really don´t know all her work since I usually listen her on youtube. Let England Shake is agreat album, but gives only limited view on her talent. This girl is a diamond.

Some more videos to add to previous ones posted :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STxXS5lLunE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJE40OBt48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr1j3GfJuR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySwGXrpHzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlbVPdxC60

Only Prince would´ve been a better booking and I´m not even sure about that.... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 12:24 
Offline

Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 10:49
Posts: 291
Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
Wallu wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Where should I start if I want to start loving PJ Harvey? I've only heard the top from spotify so far? Does she have like an iconic album to start on?


Youtube. I put some great videos earlier in this thread and there are lots more. It´s good to keep in mind that her albums are very different from each other and if you start with "White Chalk" for example, there´s a good change you won´t listen to her any further. I like her earlier rocking stuff the most up until To Bring You My love. But even as a huge fan, I have to admit that I really don´t know all her work since I usually listen her on youtube. Let England Shake is agreat album, but gives only limited view on her talent. This girl is a diamond.

Some more videos to add to previous ones posted :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STxXS5lLunE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJE40OBt48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr1j3GfJuR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySwGXrpHzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlbVPdxC60

Only Prince would´ve been a better booking and I´m not even sure about that.... :)


Thx. Wallu (Though I was really hoping I could "just" start listening to one of her albums on spotify :P )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 13:06 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 10:48
Posts: 1142
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Wallu wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Where should I start if I want to start loving PJ Harvey? I've only heard the top from spotify so far? Does she have like an iconic album to start on?


Youtube. I put some great videos earlier in this thread and there are lots more. It´s good to keep in mind that her albums are very different from each other and if you start with "White Chalk" for example, there´s a good change you won´t listen to her any further. I like her earlier rocking stuff the most up until To Bring You My love. But even as a huge fan, I have to admit that I really don´t know all her work since I usually listen her on youtube. Let England Shake is agreat album, but gives only limited view on her talent. This girl is a diamond.

Some more videos to add to previous ones posted :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STxXS5lLunE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJE40OBt48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr1j3GfJuR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySwGXrpHzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGlbVPdxC60

Only Prince would´ve been a better booking and I´m not even sure about that.... :)


Thx. Wallu (Though I was really hoping I could "just" start listening to one of her albums on spotify :P )


Pick any (not White Chalk maybe) :D.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 15:12 
Offline

Joined: 09 Feb 2015, 14:50
Posts: 130
Location: Madrid, Spain
Years at Roskilde: 2004-
To bring you my love (1995) and stories from the city, stories from the sea(2000) are my favourite albums.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

PhpBB forum hosting | phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy