Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Well, here we have coachella lineup.

Not THAT impressive, but still a handful acts I'd love to see at this year's Roskilde.
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: Not THAT impressive, but still a handful acts I'd love to see at this year's Roskilde.

Same her.. it feels meh... I used to have a lot strong lineup at I remember it
I've split the discussion from the other topic as mega threads are bad, mkay.
Looks pretty great to my eyes.

Is Coachella still relevant as a music festival though, or has it become more of an overall summer activity for popular/'hipster' kids like Sziget Festival in recent years (or, to an extend, even Roskilde :shock: ).
I think it looks pretty underwhelming for a complete festival programme.

Apart from LCD Soundsystem who ought to be a no-brainer headliner booking for Roskilde, if they're available in Europe during the festival, that is, I only see a handful of Roskilde-relevant names among that pile.

Subheads:

M83, Underworld (played Northside last year, but were fantastic, and they're releasing a new album, due March) and Sia (she'd be a scoop at any Danish festival).

Smaller names:

Grimes (would be a sure subheadliner if booked at Roskilde. I believe they've been trying to get her for years), Last Shadow Puppets (complete no-brainer due to RF's close ties with Arctic Monkeys), Lush, Kamasi Washington and Autolux.
I would love to see Rancid at Roskilde!
How did LCD Soundsystem get that big? Last the played Roskilde it where at Cosmopol at the farewell tour. Now headling big festivals. Not saying it is wrong, I just dont know that band that well to see what happent when they where away
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: How did LCD Soundsystem get that big? Last the played Roskilde it where at Cosmopol at the farewell tour. Now headling big festivals. Not saying it is wrong, I just dont know that band that well to see what happent when they where away

I think it's only because they were "retired". I can't make it fit either. They might be bigger in the states, but still. If you look at likes on facebook / listens on spotify etc. they are smaller / same size as e.g. Foals.

On a more general note, I think its a surprisingly boring line up! I was expecting better after hearing they made GnR re-unite!
Some good ones of course, but last day with Calvin Harris, Sia, Major Lazer and Flume as the big guns :bang:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: How did LCD Soundsystem get that big? Last the played Roskilde it where at Cosmopol at the farewell tour. Now headling big festivals. Not saying it is wrong, I just dont know that band that well to see what happent when they where away

Well, that Cosmopol show (where they subheadlined) was also massively overrun, so it's actual capacity of 6,000 people isn't really a good measure of their popularity back then. I'd say that there were at least double the tent's capacity watching the concert with the huge throng of people outside the tent.

A few from our camp were outside, not wanting to get caught in the masses, because it looked absolutely dangerous with the amount of people getting into the fray. It had to be pretty critical too because not many minutes into the concert an abnormal amount of orange vests showed up and started chattering over their walkie talkies. There were MANY guards at that show!

Also consider this:
Their final shows in NY was 4 completely sold out consecutive nights at Terminal 5, which is a 3,000 person venue, followed by a final in Madison Square Garden with 15,000-20,000 spectators. I know they were "home turf" shows, but it usually takes a lot more to sell out indoor venues of that size than filling a similarly sized tent at a random festival, because people are already there.

Today, I'd estimate they'd at least be able to fill up Arena – mmmaybe Orange stage too, if booked for a proper timeslot. 22.30 or 01.00 – prime party time. Their like-gauge on Facebook is at about 750,000, so just about as popular on there as PJ Harvey and at least twice as popular as Damon Albarn's solo ventures.
I agree with Benno about the people visiting this festival.
In my humble opninion i also don't understand 2 many dj's being programmed,..haven'theard from them in years. Chvrches i consider a medium big name but not a headliner...they're awesome th9ugh.
Coldblooded wrote:

Well, that Cosmopol show (where they subheadlined) was also massively overrun, so it's actual capacity of 6,000 people isn't really a good measure of their popularity back then. I'd say that there were at least double the tent's capacity watching the concert with the huge throng of people outside the tent.

A few from our camp were outside, not wanting to get caught in the masses, because it looked absolutely dangerous with the amount of people getting into the fray. It had to be pretty critical too because not many minutes into the concert an abnormal amount of orange vests showed up and started chattering over their walkie talkies. There were MANY guards at that show!

If I remeber write they where more or less the only act playing after the Orange tage act where done. It where the first of the big cosmopol partys Roskilde made for a few year. Not saying that there where not a lot of ppl that want to see them, but one of the big reasons where that is was the only party in town
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:

If I remeber write they where more or less the only act playing after the Orange tage act where done. It where the first of the big cosmopol partys Roskilde made for a few year. Not saying that there where not a lot of ppl that want to see them, but one of the big reasons where that is was the only party in town

You're right, there wasn't much going on at the same time. I still think they'd be able to pull off a gig on one of the much bigger stages though.
LCD Soundsystem is such a flipping no-brainer. Please get them, Roskilde.
14 posts Page 1 of 1