Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 10:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2016, 05:16 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 08 Mar 2009, 09:15
Posts: 371
Location: Los Angeles
Years at Roskilde: 6
Camp: The Strangers with Candy Camp!
Last time I was at Roskilde the Naked Race or Run was not hosted by the Radio Station anymore. Is it still defunct or has the Radio Station come back into play as the official sponsor or host? I think the promise of free tickets and free booze was a nice little perk for the runners. Plus it seemed to be more organized than it was when I saw it last. Just curious and also why did the radio station back out of sponsoring the race? Do they not make enough from the festival anymore? I haven't read or kept up with any forums since 2014 it seems.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2016, 09:29 
Offline
Forum moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2009, 09:32
Posts: 1751
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Years at Roskilde: 2007-
Camp: Blastbeast Metalcamp
Make enough? What festival have you been going to? The radio station dont make money. The radio station where/is a part of the festival. The simple reason they stopped is that the radiostation moved out of the festival area. Not that many ppl listen to it more, so the cut it a lot down. So I am pretty sure that the naked race will be a part of Dream City if hostet


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2016, 09:46 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 20:37
Posts: 1157
Years at Roskilde: Since 2003
Camp: We don't give a / that fsck
Yeah, it was held at the Dream City area for the last two years right?
I'm not sure who organizes it though, Roskilde Festival themselves or one of the big camps at Dream City?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2016, 10:02 
Offline
Forum moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2009, 09:32
Posts: 1751
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Years at Roskilde: 2007-
Camp: Blastbeast Metalcamp
B. wrote:
Yeah, it was held at the Dream City area for the last two years right?
I'm not sure who organizes it though, Roskilde Festival themselves or one of the big camps at Dream City?


Not 100% sure about 15 as I where not living in Dream City, but it 14 where I was, it where a lot of the camps. It is not Roskilde


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2016, 01:15 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010, 01:45
Posts: 1488
Years at Roskilde: All years from 1999-2016 so far
Camp: FREUD: Den ubevidste lejr
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Make enough? What festival have you been going to? The radio station dont make money. The radio station where/is a part of the festival. The simple reason they stopped is that the radiostation moved out of the festival area. Not that many ppl listen to it more, so the cut it a lot down. So I am pretty sure that the naked race will be a part of Dream City if hostet

Actually it wasn't just cut down a lot – it has been reduced to a podcast which you can find here:
https://soundcloud.com/roskilde-festival-podcast/tracks
They won't be transmitting on the FM band at all anymore, and I doubt that the podcast format will go anywhere, so consider the festival radio 99% dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2016, 02:58 
Offline

Joined: 31 Jan 2015, 18:41
Posts: 156
Location: Ireland
Years at Roskilde: 2011- ?
Camp: J CAMP
Always loved the naked race , brings out the spirit of RF,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2016, 05:30 
Offline
Forum moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2009, 09:32
Posts: 1751
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Years at Roskilde: 2007-
Camp: Blastbeast Metalcamp
Coldblooded wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Make enough? What festival have you been going to? The radio station dont make money. The radio station where/is a part of the festival. The simple reason they stopped is that the radiostation moved out of the festival area. Not that many ppl listen to it more, so the cut it a lot down. So I am pretty sure that the naked race will be a part of Dream City if hostet

Actually it wasn't just cut down a lot – it has been reduced to a podcast which you can find here:
https://soundcloud.com/roskilde-festival-podcast/tracks
They won't be transmitting on the FM band at all anymore, and I doubt that the podcast format will go anywhere, so consider the festival radio 99% dead.


Okay, I am pretty sure that the first year it was "just" movede out. I am sure that the podcast will live fine in at least 16, Roskilde is looking for a new editor for it, but it have the grp ( http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/more/vo ... al-podcast )


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

PhpBB forum hosting | phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy