A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Okay I haven't been around for awhile, but it seems to me that there is not a lot of conversation going on here in the forums. Plus it seems Roskilde Babble is no longer an Topic Index on the forums? How many people are actually registered on the boards and do people even know about it? Has there been a link on the Roskilde home pages or the Roskilde Facebook Pages? Maybe there could be some sort of official link there? Other than that I hope that people will start to be a little more vocal and let people know what's going on and what they plan to do before, during and after Roskilde?

Such as I will be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras next month, showing art at a convention in Kentucky in April, May is my Birthday and I might go somewhere, vegas, SC, or Iceland...haven't decided. Then in June is Europe for 2 months. While in Europe I will be in Austria, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and some other random countries. Maybe Ireland this time.
Yes Roskilde Babble is. No there will not be a link on the officel webpage. Yes there have been links on facebook.

The forum have never been very active this time year other than when getting bands/rumors of bands. But no Forums, not just this one is a media from the past. So now only a few use it, most just uses facebook.

But sure we would like more users but the chang of getting a lot is close to 0. Andsure keep on posting, ppl will respond to the posts they like. For most of the users it is post about band/rumors about bands
As Martin said, there are a lot of things that factor in. The Roskilde organization never really participated much in the forum and then discontinued the forum all together last year. People moving to Facebook (although I don't see any real discussion there, mostly one-liners). (young) People moving to mobile phones for almost all Internet tasks (the forum is not mobile friendly).

People should still be able to find the forum through Google and our own forum Facebook page though.

Things will pick up a lot here on the forum in the weeks leading up to the festival though with questions and organising of camps, meets and ride-shares etc.

If you're interested there are some forum statistics / graphs here: topic5686.html
As the clever ones say it's the same on most forums, and it's a shame as Facebook is not suited at all for discussions.

You also rejoined at a terrible time! It has really been a long time since band announcements and not that many rumors going on. I can throw one in though just as a babble:

At the Dengue Dengue Dengue! concert friday i saw both the world booker from Roskilde (Obvious since he had also booked the concert for the venue), but also a guy I recall as the person sorting out practical details with bands after they've been booked for Roskilde, so maybe Dengue Dengue Dengue will be back again in 2016 (They played in 2014, but will release new album, and sold out twice in DK).

Besides that I just bought my ticket! See you this summer :D
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Yes Roskilde Babble is. No there will not be a link on the officel webpage. Yes there have been links on facebook.

The forum have never been very active this time year other than when getting bands/rumors of bands. But no Forums, not just this one is a media from the past. So now only a few use it, most just uses facebook.

But sure we would like more users but the chang of getting a lot is close to 0. Andsure keep on posting, ppl will respond to the posts they like. For most of the users it is post about band/rumors about bands

I think this is a bit harsh on forums, to be honest. One of the websites I visit the most is a forum, right now it's got ~1300 people online and hits peaks above 6k. I joined it because I wanted to discuss football (it's a football forum).
But because of the amount of users online at any given time there's always plenty of talk going on on general stuff, entertainment and current events. I see no reason why similar things couldn't be discussed here in theory. We just don't have enough active users. Most just pop up here to say how they feel about a newly announced artist or in the run-in to the festival when they need a camp or advice.
A better example would be the forum for Coachella festival which is very active to this day (although I have no historical data for that forum).
Even right now at this very moment (248 users online, 58 members & 190 guests) it's more active than the Roskilde forum ever was in its prime.
Sure you can find some forum out there that still lives and it doing great.
But how many new forums do you see poping up with succes?
If you go back 10 years most of us would answer forum when you spoke about online debat. Now most will answer facebook. And the young they are, the less and less have ever used a forum.

So yes it is a media of the past. But like stuff not all from the past dies at ones and the gigants will live long, but you wont see new and you will see more and more of them die. It is sad, it sure is. That dont meen I live it, it is also why I keep on using this forum :-)
You're right. With all of the new developments in technology, it's amazing that a board like this still functions. I should con't myself lucky.
Personally I have nothing against facebook but It ain,t my thang ,as for the Forum quality as long as there is people interested in quick discussion, banter , opinion and counter opinion and the odd troll to liven things up, Long may it last . ;)
9 posts Page 1 of 1