Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
63 posts Page 4 of 5
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: You can't base popularity on Facebook-likes alone, but Bring Me The Horizon actually has more Facebook-likes than FIVE of the current EIGHT headliners...

... combined!

That is, LCD Soundsystem, Mø, New Order, PJ Harvey and Tame Impala – they total about 5.5 mil. likes, whereas BMTH have around 5.5.

I'd say that they're the worthiest subheadliner of them all. S!vas appears to me as the tiniest name in that lot, which just corroborates my hunch that he will open Orange Stage.

That is really interesting! Had no idea they were that big. I actually didn't know of them before the announcement. It gives to show that we have some (worthy) but still "small" and hopefully not that expensive headliners. Looking forward to what will happen further in the headliner / subheadliner category.

Could BMTH even take on orange stage this summer?

They will play Arena
Some great bookings this time. The ship's really turned around for me. Suddenly, I see myself attending.

LCD and Kvelertak are absolute musts for me. Guessing that Kvelertak will re-take their chokehold on Arena (which they completely destroyed the last time around).

Tame Impala is a band that's grown a lot on me, and since I don't have tickets (and don't want to pay the price) for Falconer, I'm happy to see them at Roskilde. Savages are great as well, although I'm seeing them at Store Vega in 1½ months.

Another pleasant surprise is Destroyer.

The only thing that's seems wrong is that most bands have played Denmark recently. Destroyer in November, Savages this March, Tame Impala next week, Mø, S!vas and Minds are easy to find outside the summer season, Ghost has been here multiple times the last few years (twice in 2015), Protomartyr at Loppen in November, Frank Carter should've played Beta if he hadn't cancelled... And those are only from the most recent batch of names.

Outside those, BMTH played Store Vega in late 2015, Tenacious D would have been a scoop pre-2013 where they hadn't played DK before, Foals played in September, Mac Demarco in September, Bisse is playing Ideal Bar in March, Cattle Decapitation is playing TWICE in the spring, H09909 and Action Bronson played in 2015 as well...

That's a lot of bands we've already had the chance to see within the last year!
Finally someone who agrees with me!! Didn't even know Foals played in September - makes them a lesser sub IMO, but still one I want to see.
I guess you are lucky that you live in Copenhagen and have the possibility to enjoy alot of live shows, but far from all of Roskildes guests are this lucky... I think its a good thing that booked bands have toured alot recently, so they know how to play and perform well live.
This Destroyer session is great.

That's a really nice performance. Too bad the single 'Times Square' has been completely played to death on the radio here and has kinda put me off from his voice and singing style :cry:
Can you get tired of his voice and singing style :D
Destroyer?. with a name like that I was expecting a good black metal band. But still nice music to listen to laying on the ground to in the shade of a sunny day.
B. wrote: That's a really nice performance. Too bad the single 'Times Square' has been completely played to death on the radio here and has kinda put me off from his voice and singing style :cry:

Where are you located, mate? Can't say I've heard it on the radio.
The Netherlands. I don't know if they played it a lot on national radio but they did on an alternative web based station I listen to a lot.
B. wrote: The Netherlands. I don't know if they played it a lot on national radio but they did on an alternative web based station I listen to a lot.

That song has played a lot here in Radio Helsinki. Also remember them playing some of the older stuff too in a couple of last years. Radio Helsinki is quite great of a radio station, the listeners have saved it from a couple of times from going bankrupt. Not commercialized-playlist shit, but real radiowork.
B. wrote: The Netherlands. I don't know if they played it a lot on national radio but they did on an alternative web based station I listen to a lot.

Alright. For what it's worth I'm not particularly fond of the Times Square songs although they have grown on me. Not that that's gonna help you if it's his whole singing style that's been ruined.
BigL wrote: I guess you are lucky that you live in Copenhagen and have the possibility to enjoy alot of live shows, but far from all of Roskildes guests are this lucky... I think its a good thing that booked bands have toured alot recently, so they know how to play and perform well live.

Actually, I don't live in Copenhagen. But then again, I don't live too far away from there. My main point is, you've had the opportunity to see them live in this country (most on Sjælland) within the last year. But I see what you mean. It's a long way to go if you live in fx Århus.
CHVRCHES is realy growing on me :D Great eletro pop
Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes were excellent at Groezrock Festival this weekend. Such an intense man with an incredible presence. Might have to watch him over BMTH now.

Check this out: https://www.instagram.com/p/BE6P6SqBW4A ... =groezrock
63 posts Page 4 of 5