Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
47 posts Page 2 of 4
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Davy Grohlton wrote: MUST SEE:

RHCP
Ghost
The D.
Blaue Blume

WANT TO SEE:

Sturgill Simpson
PJ Harvey
Foals
Kvelertak

MIGHT SEE:

Tame Impala (first impression is that they are extremely boring - can anybody tell me why they - in many opinions - are so great?)
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Pretty satisfied sofar!

Regarding Tame Impala -> I was of the exact same opinion as you until I actually gave the new album a proper listen. It is far more groovy and I think the melodies and the song writing have also improved a lot. It's clearly one of the best albums of 2015. Give it a listen, and if it's not your style, then don't prioritize the concert :).

EDIT: Give Destroyer a listen as well. The latest two (3) albums are amazing :D

Great, I will give Tame Impala a chance starting with the new album! Thanks. And also thanks for the recommendation on Destroyer! I'll give it a fair try.
Making this list made me a bit more positive about the line-up. I already have over 10 bands on my top two categories wit 1/3:d of the bands announced, so I guess there´s still hope. The bad thing is that majority of the bands are in big or semi-big letters and the small letter names (they´re always the best ones) are not that good this year. Hoping for improvement on that department.
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: I saw Tame Impala the last time they played Roskilde. Not gonna make the same mistake twice. Like them very much on album, but by far the worst show at Roskilde that year.

They were quite bad. Had enough in 15 minutes. Maybe it would´ve been better in the night-time.
Must see:
Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufeld
New Order

Really want to see:
Blick Bassy
Kuedo
Recondite

Want to see:
H09909
Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra
Birdy Nam Nam
Sturgill Simpson
Blaue Blume

Might see:
Vince Staples
Minds of 99
Floating Points
Skepta
Tenasious D

Really think the headliners and subs fit a too small niche so far, and not one I personally like... I would say I have pretty broad musical taste, but the subs and Headliners don't really real to hit that spectrum at all. I think the subs and headliners are too focused on indie and rock/"soft metal". This could very well change, but I don't it will that much. I am really missing the "Lamb of God" type booking at this moment, and I hope this might come in the form of Gojira, and one more metal band of this magnitude and power would be very nice imo, as I think the metal of this year is a bit on the softer side. Something like Meshuggah, Cannibal Corpse, Origin, Nile or Bloodbath would be really good to balance it out. Also really hoping for a solid legend headliner like Lionel Richie.
Must:
LCD Soundsystem
New Order
Tame Impala
Foals
Mac Demarco
Courtney Barnett
Destroyer
The Minds of 99

Want:

PJ Harvey
Blaue Blume
Floating Points
Palace Winter
Protomartyr
Savages
Tal National

Might:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tenacious D
Action Bronson
Ghost
Sleaford Mods
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: I saw Tame Impala the last time they played Roskilde. Not gonna make the same mistake twice. Like them very much on album, but by far the worst show at Roskilde that year.

I was so looking forward to that as I had been listening a lot to 'Innerspeaker'. It was just a really unfocused show which felt more like a jam session than a concert.

I think they have improved since then though. I'm going to watch them on Wednesday and will report back.
They can put on a great show:

I guess they have improved a lot over the years.
Maagen wrote:

I was so looking forward to that as I had been listening a lot to 'Innerspeaker'. It was just a really unfocused show which felt more like a jam session than a concert.

I think they have improved since then though. I'm going to watch them on Wednesday and will report back.

Okay just an update. I went and saw them in the Falconer Hall yesterday and had a great time. The setlist was great I thought, about 50-50 old songs and songs from 'Currents'. I was very happy to hear 'This Is Not Meant to Be', 'Desire Be, Desire Go' and 'Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind?' as those are basically the songs that introduced me to Tame Impala back in the 'Innerspeaker' days. They also played several songs from 'Lonerism' and 'Eventually' was pure magic. I'll definitely catch them at Roskilde again. :D
Good to hear! Hopefully they stay good live, and don't go back to being bad again. Will maybe check them out then - if I decide to show up.
Must:

PJ Harvey
LCD Soundsytem (I didn't think I can see them a forth time)
Courtney Barnett
Savages

Want:
Foals
Cate Le Bon

Maybe:
Action Bronson
New Order

Great lineup so far! After a few years of not being so happy with the bands booked I'm looking very much forward this year.
Must see:

PJ Harvey
Foals
Tame Impala
New Order
LCD Soundsystem

Want:

Tenacious D
Mac Demarco
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Chvrches
SYRIAN NATIONAL ORCHESTRA FOR ARABIC MUSIC with DAMON ALBARN and GUESTS
Destroyer
ACTION BRONSON
Cate Le Bon

Might:

Aurora
Blick Bassy
Courtney Barnett
Sturgill Simpson
Sleep
Skepta
HO99O9
Sleaford Mods
Blaue Blume

Ghost
Kvelertak
The Minds of 99
Savages
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
Palace Winter
Protomartyr

Looks good for me so far.
Must-sees:
Sturgill Simpson
LCD Soundsystem
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tame Impala
letlive.
Sleep
Tenacious D
Neil Young + Promise of the Real
Biffy Clyro
At the Drive-In
M83
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy

If they don't clash with Must-sees:
Mac DeMarco
Syrian National Orchestra for Arabic Music with Damon Albarn and Guests
Grimes
James Blake
Santigold
The Last Shadow Puppets
Freddie Gibbs
New Order
PJ Harvey
Courtney Barnett
Kvelertak
Chvrches
Foals
Vince Staples
Destroyer
Future
Slayer

If they don't clash with If they don't clash with Must-sees:
Cattle Decapitation
Gojira
Black Breath
Blues Pills
Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band
The Minds of 99
Savages
Bring Me the Horizon
Blick Bassy
Ghost
Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
Blaue Blume
Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufeld
Wiz Khalifa

Young Thug
Blood Orange
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats
Tal National

Still many to check out.
Must See:
Ghost (will be my fifth time seeing them in a little over 11 months)
Kvelertak
Tenacious D
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bring Me The Horizon
The Minds of 99
Savages

Want to See:

The Last Shadow Puppets
New Order
Chvrches
S!vas
At The Drive-In
Bisse
Chinah
Blaue Blume
Foals
Tame Impala
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Blues Pills
Odesza
PJ Harvey
LCD Soundsystem
Syrian National Orchestra with Damon Albarn
Bersærk
Emilie Ramirez
Have You Ever Seen The Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS?
0 must-sees for me after the full lineup is out, it will be an easy summer with lots of time to socialize, party, enjoy festival life, and not having to look too much at the schedule or fear missing out anything musicwise.
All these lists and no one has Odesza anywhere. You all are missing the boat. They are fantastic, especially live. Blowing up here in the States.

Anyway, I'm an American traveling through Denmark when Roskilde is happening, so I figured why not attend a day? I'm a multi-year Coachella vet and would love to see a European festival, but can only attend Friday. So my list is abbreviated.

Must:
Neil Young
M83
Badbadnotgood

Want:
James Blake
Tame Impala

Might:
Mac DeMarco
Peaches

There are a lot of names I don't know yet so this list will likely change. Hoping to add a few more because the day looks a little light for me.
47 posts Page 2 of 4