Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
22 posts Page 1 of 2
My bet so far:

Wednesday
18:00 – Blaue Blume
20:30 – Red Hot Chili Peppers
23:00 - MØ

Thursday

17:00 – TBA (Maybe: Eagles of Death Metal)
19:30 – PJ Harvey
22:00 – Tenacious D
01:00 – TBA – (Maybe: Paul Kalkbrenner or maybe AIR)

Friday

17:00 – TBA (Maybe: Cass McCombs)
19:30 – Tame Impala
22:00 – TBA – (Maybe: The Last Shadow Puppets)
01:00 – LCD Soundsystem

Saturday

16:00 – TBA – (Maybe: Tina Dickow or maybe Choir Of Young Believers)
18:30 – Wiz Khalifa
21:00 – TBA – (Maybe: Neil Young)
01.00 – New Order
Could S!vas maybe be for orange stage as well?

I really hope The Last Shadow Puppets will come as well :)
Wiz Khalifa is in other festivals 30.6 (VOLT), 1.7 (Opener) and 2.7 (Bråvalla), so most likely Wiz Khalifa and RHCP will play at Orange 29.6.
I dont think MØ will play Wednesday. The whole explanation for moving the festival back 1 day was that it would be possible to book big names for the Wednesday that was previously un-bookable. On the Wednesday I think/hope there will be some yet TBA headliner, and MØ will play a night show one of the following days, maybe like Suspekt did in 2015.
BigL wrote: I dont think MØ will play Wednesday. The whole explanation for moving the festival back 1 day was that it would be possible to book big names for the Wednesday that was previously un-bookable. On the Wednesday I think/hope there will be some yet TBA headliner, and MØ will play a night show one of the following days, maybe like Suspekt did in 2015.

As MFC say Wiz Khalifa looks like playin Wednesday. Then we will have a dansih operner, RHCP, and Wiz that makes give seens in my world
Makes sense that Mø would be given a night show. She might even be the Orange Stage closer, like Suspekt was in '15. As for Wednesday: Wiz Khalifa and RHCP might even be the only names – we could see a Wednesday without a Danish opener, as in 2014. But I'm hedging my bets on Sivas.

Blaue Blume's music is way too delicate to work on Orange Stage. Can't see them opening.
Dossena wrote: My bet so far:

Wednesday
18:00 – Blaue Blume
20:30 – Red Hot Chili Peppers
23:00 - MØ

Thursday

17:00 – TBA (Maybe: Eagles of Death Metal)
01:00 – TBA – (Maybe: Paul Kalkbrenner or maybe AIR)

Friday

17:00 – TBA (Maybe: Cass McCombs)
22:00 – TBA – (Maybe: The Last Shadow Puppets)

Saturday

16:00 – TBA – (Maybe: Tina Dickow or maybe Choir Of Young Believers)
18:30 – Wiz Khalifa
21:00 – TBA – (Maybe: Neil Young)
01.00 – New Order

I don't really see Blaue Blume on Orange. I can barely picture them on Arena. They're a descent band, absolutely, but their music wouldn't suit a stage as large as Orange - and my impression is, that they're nowhere near as popular as last year's opener, Minds of 99.

To me it seems much more likely that S!vas will open Orange. He can handle a big stage. He proved that on last years Northside Festival. And he is very popular in Denmark.

I have thought about Eagles of Death Metal too. It would make so much sense having them play Orange. However they've got a show in Copenhagen in August. But I sure as hell hope that they'll make it to Roskilde this year. It would be something very special.
So Roskilde told us The opening act for the Orange Stage will be announced tomorrow - so there we at lest will know 1 name
Will be exciting to see, even though I rarely attend. Some quick bets:

Ice Age with stargaze ensemble: Was supposed to see this today! Ice Age with a big ass orchestra from Berlin. I remeber thinking this must be something Roskilde is interested in. The drummer broke his hand so the concert was cancelled, but maybe it will return at Orange.

Choir of Young Belivers: Saw their new full length performed live friday, and it has become more electronic and up beat, and I could see the new album getting some hype.

Or maybe we will see one of the bands from rising last year getting the chance like Minds did. Bands like: Yung, The Entrepreneurs or De Underjordiske. Let's see in 1,5 hours.
Any chance todays announcement will be a foreign act? I have a sense that they will use wednesday as an opportunity to get someone big. Remember that they did that back in 2014 :)
Ladefar wrote: Any chance todays announcement will be a foreign act? I have a sense that they will use wednesday as an opportunity to get someone big. Remember that they did that back in 2014 :)

It is theoretically possible, but it must be more likely that it is something danish / scandinavian.
WOW! Damon Albarn presenting Syrian Music. I could have guessed 1000 times, and I would never be close.

This will be interesting :)
Security guys should have hit him harder last Year to take him back the stage..... At least he is not coming with Blur to ocuppy a headliner slot. It's something.
Jackster1976 wrote: Security guys should have hit him harder last Year to take him back the stage..... At least he is not coming with Blur to ocuppy a headliner slot. It's something.

As has been stated over and over: It was one of Albarn's own stage guys who carried him off stage, not Roskilde security.

So I guess now it looks something like this:

18:00 – The Syrian National Orchestra for Arabic Music with Damon Albarn and Guests
20:30 – Wiz Khalifa
23:00 - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Thursday

17:00 – S!vas
01:00 – TBA

Friday

17:00 – TBA
22:00 – TBA

Saturday

16:00 – TBA
18:30 – New Order
21:00 – TBA
01.00 – Mø (closing the stage like Suspekt did last year)
I really hope that Tame Impala plays in Arena. What I have seen from concert clips is that they are using lot's of lights etc.
Also PJ Harvey would be perfect in Arena (depending what kind of record she will be releasing), but I think that she can pull out great gig in Orange too. Those gigs are must see for me, wherever they will be playing ;)
22 posts Page 1 of 2