Whatever you like...
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi!
I'm going to roskilde in 2016, for the first time ever, cant wait. BUT, im 17, and i know you can drink when you are 16, but 18 for bars, so i cant buy beer inside the festival, because its all bars, but can i bring drinks with me? like buy a case of beer and drink freely inside?

im asking, can i drink as mutch as i want and where i want aslong as i bring it, and dont get it at the bars? :?:
Get exited! Roskilde is da bomb!

You can not bring more than a bottle of 0,5 L with you to the festival site from the camping site.

You can bring everything you can drink from outside the festival onto the camping site.

Lastly: I don't think you should worry about not being able to buy alcohol from the bars. I think that will go pretty smoothly. I was at Roskilde when I was 16, and I don't remember being restricted in any way.
jonathansoegaard wrote: Get exited! Roskilde is da bomb!

You can not bring more than a bottle of 0,5 L with you to the festival site from the camping site.

You can bring everything you can drink from outside the festival onto the camping site.

Lastly: I don't think you should worry about not being able to buy alcohol from the bars. I think that will go pretty smoothly. I was at Roskilde when I was 16, and I don't remember being restricted in any way.

Ok, thanks alot for reply mate :) looking forward to it!
I went to Roskilde for the first time last year and going again now!
But yeah about the drinking, as he said here above you can bring whatever you want to the camping site and as for bars they don't really ask about ID or anything like that ever, well that was my experience anyway. I was already 18 last summer but my friend was 17 and she had no problem buying drinks from the bars :)
It's officially stated here:
Please note that it is illegal in Denmark to serve alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/guide?t ... access=age

But I don't think they ever ask for your ID at the festival bars. They for sure don't have a special festival bracelet for people under 18.

And like the others have said, you can bring as many food and (alcoholic) drinks to the camping area as you like (even in glass).
You can bring up to 0.5L onto the festival area itself as long as it is not in glass and as long as it is in a 'container' that is part of the refund system (so a can or a plastic bottle that has refund in Denmark).
There has been some confusion over the years if the 'container' must be open, so a plastic cup or a plastic bottle without a cap or with the top cut off. But as far as I remember this has not been an issue the last few years either.

Have fun at your first Roskilde festival!
Have a good one!

I was 17 when I went for the first time in 1999, right after "efterskole". Never had a problem buying beer, but I didn't buy much, mind you. Back then it was glass bottled beer on the camping site, so it was quite the workout lugging around more than one crate. And the tap beer on the festival site was prohibitively expensive for my jobless, SU-less wallet.

Been there ever since – it gets in your blood.
Coldblooded wrote: Been there ever since – it gets in your blood.

Yeah I think that's why you get drunk.
Wait, what are we talking about again?
Maagen wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: Been there ever since – it gets in your blood.

Yeah I think that's why you get drunk.
Wait, what are we talking about again?

I see what you did there, sir!
Im ready for vodka
I'm not even sure I wanna drink this year, or ever again for that matter. There's hardly any point anymore. I just get more tired and less social.
Ok no drinkin is also good
One too many mornings and a thousand nights . Strongly thinking of doing the same myself. :)
12 posts Page 1 of 1