Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 08:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2016, 21:50 
Offline

Joined: 29 Mar 2015, 16:45
Posts: 6
Years at Roskilde: 1996,2002-2004,2006-?
Camp: Camp Spies
Are you sure that the headliners are fixed yet? When Foals were announced they were also in the top, but now they are in the subliner section.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2016, 22:06 
Offline

Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 21:46
Posts: 123
Years at Roskilde: 2011-2016
Camp: Koncentrationscamp
perolesen wrote:
Are you sure that the headliners are fixed yet? When Foals were announced they were also in the top, but now they are in the subliner section.


RF said on Twitter, that Macklemore not will be the last headliner.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2016, 01:49 
Offline
Forum moderator
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2009, 09:32
Posts: 1751
Location: Aalborg, Denmark
Years at Roskilde: 2007-
Camp: Blastbeast Metalcamp
jonasporsborg wrote:
perolesen wrote:
Are you sure that the headliners are fixed yet? When Foals were announced they were also in the top, but now they are in the subliner section.


RF said on Twitter, that Macklemore not will be the last headliner.


Foals where moved down fast. And it the only one moved


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2016, 21:24 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2010, 10:48
Posts: 1139
Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
jonasporsborg wrote:
Wasn't very impressed, but after diggin in to it, I find a few very (!) interesting bands:

Sudakistan (Rising): Explosive trance Goat-ish rock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSePETWGj0

Diät: German (or australian..) punk band, sounds like a mix between Yung and Iceage from Denmark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGCwkes2DcY

And of course The Last Shadow Puppet is a safe, but really great booking. Looking forward to that.

Macklemore.. Well, it's good we have spot(s) left for headliners..


Glad you posted that link for Sudakistans song. Didn´t exactly find them that interesting by the first song I heard and almost left it there. I can see more clearly now...

Blues Pills, Have You Ever Seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS?, Sudakistan and Reykjavíkurdætur go to my lists. So a lot of music for the warm-up days with this announcement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2016, 08:30 
Offline

Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 10:49
Posts: 291
Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
Is it impossible to find any music with Ex Eye. It sounds immensely interesting in the Roskilde Festival description, but they don't even link to any music themselves :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2016, 22:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010, 01:45
Posts: 1488
Years at Roskilde: All years from 1999-2016 so far
Camp: FREUD: Den ubevidste lejr
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Is it impossible to find any music with Ex Eye. It sounds immensely interesting in the Roskilde Festival description, but they don't even link to any music themselves :(
Isn't that because it's a constellation made more or less for this occasion?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2016, 09:51 
Offline

Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 10:49
Posts: 291
Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
Coldblooded wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Is it impossible to find any music with Ex Eye. It sounds immensely interesting in the Roskilde Festival description, but they don't even link to any music themselves :(
Isn't that because it's a constellation made more or less for this occasion?


Probably, but it is hard to prioritize with no chance of hearing anything whatsoever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2016, 10:17 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010, 01:45
Posts: 1488
Years at Roskilde: All years from 1999-2016 so far
Camp: FREUD: Den ubevidste lejr
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Is it impossible to find any music with Ex Eye. It sounds immensely interesting in the Roskilde Festival description, but they don't even link to any music themselves :(
Isn't that because it's a constellation made more or less for this occasion?


Probably, but it is hard to prioritize with no chance of hearing anything whatsoever.


That's true, but you have the other acts that are mixed into Ex Eye to go by.

If you like Fox Millions Duo, Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufeldt and Guardian Alien among the lineup, chances are that you'll also like Ex Eye.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2016, 11:53 
Offline

Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 10:49
Posts: 291
Years at Roskilde: 06-07, 09, 11-forever
Camp: Tour De Francekilde
Coldblooded wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Coldblooded wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Is it impossible to find any music with Ex Eye. It sounds immensely interesting in the Roskilde Festival description, but they don't even link to any music themselves :(
Isn't that because it's a constellation made more or less for this occasion?


Probably, but it is hard to prioritize with no chance of hearing anything whatsoever.


That's true, but you have the other acts that are mixed into Ex Eye to go by.

If you like Fox Millions Duo, Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufeldt and Guardian Alien among the lineup, chances are that you'll also like Ex Eye.


Well I don't really, so it will be on the might list, and maybe the program will work in their favour :). But I don't think it can be compared that much really. Fox Million Duo is "just" two guys drumming and Steson/Neufeldt is also a bit of an odd bird, where Exe Eye in the description sounds a lot more like a band thing and more heavy!

My thursday is looking very busy already, so chances are small :( (So many great things that day; Pj Harvey, Tenacious D, Bomba Estero, Kverlertak, Destroyer, Baba Commandant, Blood Orange, Ho99o9 and Uncle Acid+Santigold that I saw last time)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 May 2016, 20:14 
Offline

Joined: 29 Dec 2014, 14:41
Posts: 619
Years at Roskilde: 2006-2010, 2012-????
This is going to explode on the Orange stage.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 11:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 18:10
Posts: 35
Years at Roskilde: 2007, 2009 and 2013-
I really hope that At The Drive-In doesn't cancel Roskilde! They are must see and last year Omar's and Cedrics band Antemasque cancelled Roskilde.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/06/a ... f-us-tour/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

PhpBB forum hosting | phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy