Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
26 posts Page 1 of 2
These are the 20 new additions for Roskilde Festival 2016:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (US)
At the Drive-In (US)
The Last Shadow Puppets (UK)
Blues Pills (SE)
Choir of Young Believers (DK)
Diät (DE)
Ex Eye (US)
Fox Millions Duo (US)
Freddie Gibbs (US)
Guardian Alien (US)
Kakkmaddafakka (NO)
Bersærk (DK)
Chinah (DK)
Emilie Ramirez (DK)
Gents (DK)
Gundelach (NO)
Have You Ever Seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS? (FI)
Milkywhale (IS)
Reykjavíkurdætur (IS)
Sudakistan (SE)
Pretty awesome with The Last Shadow Puppets! Thats a decent subheadliner!

I also saw Choir of Young Belivers perform the new album at Frost Festival, and it was nice. :)

The rest I'll have to dive into.

(F*** Macklemore)
Happy to see Bersærk getting a chance!
Don´t know much of these, but Have You Ever Seen the Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS? is a good band, delivers live.
The Last Shadow Puppets is a great but expected booking.

Other than the first 3 names I guess most of the other acts are bookings for the Rising and Apollo j.r. stages?
B. wrote: The Last Shadow Puppets is a great but expected booking.

Other than the first 3 names I guess most of the other acts are bookings for the Rising and Apollo j.r. stages?

There ara four smaller names from US too, so I guess they´re not warm-up names.
Ah yes, so I guess I'm wrong about them being Rising and Apollo j.r. acts.
Yeeees Macklemore and Last Shadow Puppets are going directly on my must see list.

The last names are probably for the Rising/pavillon/Gloria And Apollo Countdown stages.
At the Drive-In is a dream come true! Great booking. The Last Shadow Puppets is also great, but i'm maybe seeing it also in Finnish festival.
Also Blues Pills and Choir of Young Believers goes to my list and to others i have to give a listen.
I saw Kakkmaddafakka last year and didn't like so much. It was decent live band, but songs were not so good.
Don't know many of the names from this announcement, but I guess my camp will convince me to see Macklemore. Pretty bummed that they are using a headliner-spot on them though...
But pretty happy about At The Drive-In, Blues Pills and The Last Shadow Puppets. Seen Miles Kane in Lisboa once, and Arctic Monkeys quite a lot, so really interested in what they pull off together
Reykjavíkurdætur seems like fun.
Ooohhh yeeeaaahh, At the Drive-In! Thank you!
Last Shadow Puppets and Blues Pills are cool too. Good job!

A shame about Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, though. Damn the headliners.
At The Drive-In and Last Shadow Puppets are nice additions. If they add M83, The Dillinger Escape Plan and just one more must-see for me, I might actually go this year!
9 headliners and 13 subliners so far. Still 101 bands to go. I'm OK with the shape of this years' lineup.

I'm pretty sure Neil Young Will Be in The list, so another one great year to come.
Wasn't very impressed, but after diggin in to it, I find a few very (!) interesting bands:

Sudakistan (Rising): Explosive trance Goat-ish rock. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSePETWGj0

Diät: German (or australian..) punk band, sounds like a mix between Yung and Iceage from Denmark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGCwkes2DcY

And of course The Last Shadow Puppet is a safe, but really great booking. Looking forward to that.

Macklemore.. Well, it's good we have spot(s) left for headliners..
26 posts Page 1 of 2