Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
27 posts Page 2 of 2
HandsDown wrote: Wallu, You may not notice it from their studio-stuff, but Los Pirañas is a mindblowing experience as a live act! Saw them in Cph last year and got completely blown away by this extremely playful, ever surprising spaced out rythmbomb. Show of the year that was - for both head and ass. Dont miss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNrgrjlUF-E


This sounds very familiar. Meridian Brothers played a couple of years ago and seems to me the Pirates´s guitarrist was also playing and singing in MB. Same stuff without vocals. I loved tthat show, one of the best ones ever in Gloria. Good stuff.
gixbit1 wrote:
Wallu wrote: Not even half way through the smaller names, but a little bit worried. There doesn´t seem to be a real gem in there (something we had before likes of Julia Holter, Goat, Savages (well they´re there :)), Ondatropica or Katie Tempest). Something to really wipe the feet off of me. It does seem though, that it´s an ok line-up, just haven´t found anything special yet.



Come on, there are so many great artists among the smaller names in todays annoucement. Check out:

Föllakzoid (from Chile, among the best livebands i've ever seen, don't miss them)
Khun Narin's Electric Phin Band (psychedelic music at it's finest)
Baba Commandant (great afrobeat)
Junius Meyvant (Soul from Iceland and it works)
Uncle Acid (best retrorock band out there)
Mueller and Rodelius (beautiful)
Badbadnotgood (excellent jazz with hip hop influences)
Hurray For the Riff Raff (great americana)
Karl Hector and the Malcouns (fantastic germans who do afromusic)
Mutoid Man (heavy with an edge)
Paper (swedish diverse rockband)
Halshug (punk as it shall sound)
Sumac (will rip your ears apart in a good way)

and i bet there are more bands to check out that i don't know about


Maybe I came off too negative, sure there´s lots of good bands on the smaller names. There´s always plenty, but a total "mindblower" is yet missing as I´ve listened through maybe half of them. It´s not Roskilde´s fault. It´s just that all good music in the world was made before 2016 and it´s all downhill from here.
Wallu wrote:
gixbit1 wrote:
Wallu wrote: Not even half way through the smaller names, but a little bit worried. There doesn´t seem to be a real gem in there (something we had before likes of Julia Holter, Goat, Savages (well they´re there :)), Ondatropica or Katie Tempest). Something to really wipe the feet off of me. It does seem though, that it´s an ok line-up, just haven´t found anything special yet.



Come on, there are so many great artists among the smaller names in todays annoucement. Check out:

Föllakzoid (from Chile, among the best livebands i've ever seen, don't miss them)
Khun Narin's Electric Phin Band (psychedelic music at it's finest)
Baba Commandant (great afrobeat)
Junius Meyvant (Soul from Iceland and it works)
Uncle Acid (best retrorock band out there)
Mueller and Rodelius (beautiful)
Badbadnotgood (excellent jazz with hip hop influences)
Hurray For the Riff Raff (great americana)
Karl Hector and the Malcouns (fantastic germans who do afromusic)
Mutoid Man (heavy with an edge)
Paper (swedish diverse rockband)
Halshug (punk as it shall sound)
Sumac (will rip your ears apart in a good way)

and i bet there are more bands to check out that i don't know about


Maybe I came off too negative, sure there´s lots of good bands on the smaller names. There´s always plenty, but a total "mindblower" is yet missing as I´ve listened through maybe half of them. It´s not Roskilde´s fault. It´s just that all good music in the world was made before 2016 and it´s all downhill from here.


You should definitely listen to "Twin Fantasy" by Car Seat Headrest.
One of my favorite albums
Great set of rock bands in the full lineup! Especially I'm very happy about Biffy Clyro, but before the release I thought that if they'll be announced they'd get headliner spot. But they are written in small letters - what?? Most important is that they are coming and will give us a great rock show.

Nice to see Uncle Acid & The deadbeats and The Entrepreneurs again.
can't make it this year. not too upset.
The best things I have found today:

So Pitted: Sludge/noise rock. This song reminds me a lot of Swans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvzIzo7 ... tml5=False

C'mon Tigre: Italian afro-jazz/art rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-RsBSY ... tml5=False love this.

Hinds: Spanish lo-fi/garage/surf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E67rVvL ... tml5=False Very hyped at the moment

And the we have the danish "supergroup" Childrenn and Deadpan Interference with white noise attack on the Rising stage.
Wallu wrote:
HandsDown wrote: Wallu, You may not notice it from their studio-stuff, but Los Pirañas is a mindblowing experience as a live act! Saw them in Cph last year and got completely blown away by this extremely playful, ever surprising spaced out rythmbomb. Show of the year that was - for both head and ass. Dont miss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNrgrjlUF-E


This sounds very familiar. Meridian Brothers played a couple of years ago and seems to me the Pirates´s guitarrist was also playing and singing in MB. Same stuff without vocals. I loved tthat show, one of the best ones ever in Gloria. Good stuff.


Eblis Alvarez - exactly! That guy is a crazy genious! I also saw Meridian Brothers at Gloria in '13 and I think it did something to my musical preferences. An eye-opener, you might call it. The two bands are definitely comparable. Piranas is a bit rougher around the edges, a bit more "garage" and perhaps not as experimental or bizarre as MB tends to be. Alvarez has a knack for twisting your brain while moving your ass - seemingly in whatever band he is with (he is also affiliated with Ondatropica). Thats a rare talent. Hope you get to go and see them!
HandsDown wrote:
Wallu wrote:
HandsDown wrote: Wallu, You may not notice it from their studio-stuff, but Los Pirañas is a mindblowing experience as a live act! Saw them in Cph last year and got completely blown away by this extremely playful, ever surprising spaced out rythmbomb. Show of the year that was - for both head and ass. Dont miss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNrgrjlUF-E


This sounds very familiar. Meridian Brothers played a couple of years ago and seems to me the Pirates´s guitarrist was also playing and singing in MB. Same stuff without vocals. I loved tthat show, one of the best ones ever in Gloria. Good stuff.


Eblis Alvarez - exactly! That guy is a crazy genious! I also saw Meridian Brothers at Gloria in '13 and I think it did something to my musical preferences. An eye-opener, you might call it. The two bands are definitely comparable. Piranas is a bit rougher around the edges, a bit more "garage" and perhaps not as experimental or bizarre as MB tends to be. Alvarez has a knack for twisting your brain while moving your ass - seemingly in whatever band he is with (he is also affiliated with Ondatropica). Thats a rare talent. Hope you get to go and see them!


Oh, he´s with Ondatropica too. Another great concert in Roskilde that was. MB was so weird and funny that I´m still smilng as I think of that one.
Dam this will be a hard year.. so much to watch. The lineup have end up supricing me in a good way
I think that Friday looks a little bit weaker (for my taste) than the other days so luckily its the day I will be voluntering and hopefully the good stuff on that day is on after 19:30´ish. :-)
From the small letters in this announcement I'm already psyched about:

Baba Commandant and The Mandingo Band: Saw them at Global and it was very intense, but also danceable at times, Afro-Rock.

Anderson .Paak: I think he's gonna be the next big thing.

BADBADNOTGOOD: Jazz meets hip hop (and not the other way around). Awesome!

Bomba Estero: Yes yes they are a sub headliner, but most people don't know them. I expect quite the night party on Orange stage if they manage to draw enough crowd. I predict myself in the pit with some vodka and juice.

Hopefully the clash situation will work in my favour this year :D
Neil Young is one of the acts his age who can still lay the stage to waste. He'll probably deliver one of the (if not the) best concerts in 2016.
Both Gojira and Biffy Clyro have time and time again proved they're some of the best live acts around today.
I saw Mutoid Man last fall and it was one of the most well-played and fun shows I saw all year - but then again, how can the guitarist from Cave In and the drummer from Converge possibly fail?
Plus, Grimes is one of the few grime/pop/electro artists I'd love to see, and Blood Orange is hella funky.

And those are just a few of the new names, not to mention the acts already announced! Damn, I'm looking forward to Roskilde this year!
27 posts Page 2 of 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron