Roskilde Festival Forum

It is currently 25 Mar 2017, 18:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 07:01 

Years at Roskilde: Since 2003
Camp: We don't give a / that fsck
The full line-up is ready with 179 acts
105 acts have been added to the Roskilde Festival 2016 line-up, which includes 179 artists from more than 30 countries.

We’re proud to announce our full line-up for Roskilde Festival 2016. As always it shows our diverse profile, aiming to inspire and challenge the audience by combining raw talent with more well-known artists.

A whopping 105 acts have been added to the line-up! Today’s additions include Neil Young and his band Promise of the Real, Grimes, Slayer, M83, Biffy Clyro, James Blake, Future and Santigold.

Expectations were already high with artists such as LCD Soundsystem, New Order, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Wiz Khalifa and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis confirmed to play Roskilde Festival 2016. With today’s additions, 179 acts from more than 30 countries are set to play the festival's nine stages.

Pop music redefined
Acts such as Grimes, MØ, Tame Impala, Santigold, James Blake, M83, Ghost, Future and Bomba Estéreo are all redefining pop music in 2016. From hip hop to metal, from world music to psychedelic rock, they are all exploring the powerful pop potential.

Simultaneously, the line-up shows that rock music is very much alive and kicking with metal heroes Slayer, Gojira and Cattle Decapitation as well as hard-hitting and melodic acts like At the Drive-In, Foals, Bring Me the Horizon, Tenacious D, The Last Shadow Puppets, Kvelertak and Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats.

A lesson in rock history
Eight years ago Neil Young took to the festival’s iconic Orange Stage and gave his fans a lesson in rock history. The 70-year-old legend now returns with his band Promise of the Real, featuring Willie Nelson’s sons. More than just a backing band, they have inspired Young to explore roots traditions on their new album.

The politically charged and ever-relevant Canadian activist will now have the chance to expose a new generation of festival-goers to his impressive back catalogue with a string of hits that have influenced and shaped rock history over the past 40 years, including Cinnamon Girl, Rockin’ in the Free World, Cortez the Killer, Heart of Gold, My My, Hey Hey and Down by the River.

Diversity at the core
Roskilde Festival is a celebration of diversity. With guests, volunteers and artists from all over the world, the line-up reflects openness and curiosity as well. Modern icons such as New Order and PJ Harvey, rule-bending acts like LCD Soundsystem and Syrian National Orchestra for Arabic Music with Damon Albarn and Guests, electronic game-changers like M83, Chvrches and James Blake, urban treasures like Bomba Estéreo and Santigold and so much more.

Additionally, the line-up offers a wide array of hip hop’s biggest and most exciting acts: Young Thug, Future, Wiz Khalifa, Vince Staples and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, joined by UK grime colleagues Little Simz, Stormzy, Skepta and Elf Kid.

The 105 new acts are:

NEIL YOUNG + PROMISE OF THE REAL

BIFFY CLYRO
BOMBA ESTÉREO
DIZZY MIZZ LIZZY
FUTURE
GRAMATIK
GRIMES
JAMES BLAKE
M83
MIIKE SNOW
PEACHES
SANTIGOLD
SLAYER
YOUNG THUG

ALEX VARGAS
ANA TIJOUX
ANDERSON .PAAK
ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF
BABA COMMANDANT & THE MANDINGO BAND
BADBADNOTGOOD
BALANI SHOW BUSINESS DE BAMAKO
BLACK BREATH
BLOOD ORANGE
BLOOD SPORT
CALYPSO ROSE
CAR SEAT HEADREST
C'MON TIGRE
DAWN
DAMILY
DANKO JONES
DAVID AUGUST
DILLON
ELF KID
ELLE KING
THE ENTREPRENEURS
EXEC
FÖLLAKZOID
GOJIRA
GRAVEOLA
HALSHUG
HELLO PSYCHALEPPO
HIGHASAKITE
HINDS
HURRAY FOR THE RIFF RAFF
IMGHRANE
IVAN AVE
JACOB BELLENS
JONAH BLACKSMITH
JÚNÍUS MEYVANT
KAITLYN AURELIA SMITH
KALÀSCIMA
KARL HECTOR & THE MALCOUNS
KASBO
KHUN NARIN'S ELECTRIC PHIN BAND
LARS VAULAR
LIGHTWAVE EMPIRE
LISS
LITTLE SIMZ
LOS PIRAÑAS
MUELLER_ROEDELIUS
MURA MASA
MUTOID MAN
OFFICERFISHDUMPLINGS
PAPER
RANCHO APARTE
RISING
SCARLET PLEASURE
SHADES
SILVANA IMAM
SO PITTED
STORMZY
SUMAC
TIKEN JAH FAKOLY
TUSKEGEE (SETH TROXLER & THE MARTINEZ BROTHERS)
UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS
VASSVIK
WHITNEY

BABY BLOOD
CHILDRENN
DEADPAN INTERFERENCE
DREAM WIFE
F.M.K.
FOR AKIA
GUNS
HOCKEYSMITH
JAMAIKA
KABLAM
KASPER MAROTT
KATINKA
KHALAZER
M.I.L.K.
MASASOLO
MENDOZA
MWUANA
ONDT BLOD
ORM
PHLAKE
THE POWPOW
SAVEUS
SHY SHY SHY
SOHO REZANEJAD
SOLEIMA
VIRGIN SUICIDE
WHY BE
YAST

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/news/20 ... h-179-acts

Last edited by B. on 06 Apr 2016, 07:22, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 07:12 

Years at Roskilde: 2006-2010, 2012-????
Spil noget med Slayer :-)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 07:16 

Years at Roskilde: Since 2003
Camp: We don't give a / that fsck
Full line-up poster:

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 07:17 
Forum moderator

Years at Roskilde: 2007-
Camp: Blastbeast Metalcamp
2016 will be the year that Arena dies in a metal show :D

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 07:24 

Years at Roskilde: 2009-????
Really happy about this poster. Although I did hope for more punk/hardcore, I cannot complain. Neil Young, Gojira, Biffy, Grimes, Mutoid Man, Slayer, Blood Orange... Yeeeaaah!
Although I am surprised that Biffy is far down on the poster since they're headlinings festival in the UK. I get that their popularity over there is staggering, but still

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 07:42 

Years at Roskilde: 1995-
The last names improved a lot on the weak program. Sadly still NOT enough for me to go. 21 years at Roskilde - had hoped for at least 25 in a row. Ah well, maybe next year...

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 08:41 

Years at Roskilde: 1992-2014 expect '99, '00 and '04
I'm really pleased with this years programme! Can't really understand people who are disappointed. Of course you can be unlucky with favourite artists but as a whole this line-up kills any other festival line-up as far as i can see.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 10:13 

Saveus in the warm up days gonna be a clusterfuck like Jooks or Klumben og Raske Penge.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 10:26 

Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
Not even half way through the smaller names, but a little bit worried. There doesn´t seem to be a real gem in there (something we had before likes of Julia Holter, Goat, Savages (well they´re there :)), Ondatropica or Katie Tempest). Something to really wipe the feet off of me. It does seem though, that it´s an ok line-up, just haven´t found anything special yet.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 10:29 

I´m surprised to see Elle King on the lineup but Duffy was on the lineup in 08? so its probably not that strange after all. :-)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 10:37 

Years at Roskilde: 2009-????
Wallu wrote:
Not even half way through the smaller names, but a little bit worried. There doesn´t seem to be a real gem in there (something we had before likes of Julia Holter, Goat, Savages (well they´re there :)), Ondatropica or Katie Tempest). Something to really wipe the feet off of me. It does seem though, that it´s an ok line-up, just haven´t found anything special yet.

Blood Orange is pretty awesome, but I suppose you've checked him out?
If you're into hard rock, Mutoid Man is a must. Saw them last year, and it was one of the best concerts I saw all year.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 10:38 

Years at Roskilde: 23
Camp: It's me, Fredde!
Wallu wrote:

I can really recommend Anna von Hausswolff.
Start with this video and begin to explore.

Saw her on a small venue a few years back and she is really worth a look.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 10:40 

Years at Roskilde: 1993 - and every year since
Wallu, You may not notice it from their studio-stuff, but Los Pirañas is a mindblowing experience as a live act! Saw them in Cph last year and got completely blown away by this extremely playful, ever surprising spaced out rythmbomb. Show of the year that was - for both head and ass. Dont miss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNrgrjlUF-E

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 10:57 

Years at Roskilde: '00, '01, '04, '09-'15, '17-
Thanks for the tips, I´ll surely check them out. Allready listened to Anna von Hausswolff and liked it a lot.

I might be better off, if I didn´t find anything very special, as it seems that I won´t be able to go this year. Really bummed about it and a killer line-up would only add to this pain. Still curious about the line-up as the bad news of not going hasn´t sunk in yet totally.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2016, 11:46 

Years at Roskilde: 1992-2014 expect '99, '00 and '04
Wallu wrote:

Come on, there are so many great artists among the smaller names in todays annoucement. Check out:

Föllakzoid (from Chile, among the best livebands i've ever seen, don't miss them)
Khun Narin's Electric Phin Band (psychedelic music at it's finest)
Baba Commandant (great afrobeat)
Junius Meyvant (Soul from Iceland and it works)
Uncle Acid (best retrorock band out there)
Mueller and Rodelius (beautiful)
Badbadnotgood (excellent jazz with hip hop influences)
Hurray For the Riff Raff (great americana)
Karl Hector and the Malcouns (fantastic germans who do afromusic)
Mutoid Man (heavy with an edge)
Paper (swedish diverse rockband)
Halshug (punk as it shall sound)
Sumac (will rip your ears apart in a good way)

and i bet there are more bands to check out that i don't know about